• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs vs Watford

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
he infamous cross it in the box to anyone of their 3 CBS to head... I assume to us

Quite extraordinary that we don't have a short corner routine. Decent centre backs eat our corners for fun...

I didn't watch the game (very rare for me) and have only just got round to MOTD "highlights". There wasn't much of the build up for their goal but Rose seemed to give the winger all the time and space in the world to put the cross in and followed it embarrassing dive, how he didn't get a yellow is beyond me.

As for Verts, his challenge in the box is a nailed on penalty and the VAR hesitation for awarding them is pretty laughable at this stage. Added to this there was the classic "4 on 2" situation that developed in which Janmaat totally fudged the chance up.

There wasn't really anything good from our performance by the looks of it and we're scraping to a draw against Watford when they should have justifiably gone 2 or 3 up.

It's almost starting to look like it's not a good idea to go in to the season with your aging CB pairing being unsettled alongside the creative spark in the team, all presumably walking for free at the end of this dogbrick season. Who knew?!

Nothing much to say that has not been said over the last few games, picked Son as MOM because he changed the game for us in the second half and we looked a lot better because of it.

Nothing much to say that has not been said over the last few games, picked Son as MOM because he changed the game for us in the second half and we looked a lot better because of it.
He had an impact for sure. But the main change to the flow of the game was the formation. Our real problem is that when we lose the ball we are so easily cut open. No pace with Toby and Jan at the back.

Not sure what Poch does with our midfield but I think it is crucial. Sissoko and Winks are both very good, yet not good enough? Ndombele came on when watford were tiring but seems to have more attacking guile. And seeing Doucoure you wonder if we should have signed him in the summer - no settling in period - and a talented player we couldn't deal with.

On the upside Aurier didn't fudge up!

Aurier could’ve done a tad better at tracking back Dacoure, instead of allowing the Watford midfielder to blindside Alderweireld for a tap-in...

2ED2B680-512F-41BA-B4EB-52C91414E9F9.jpeg F0E4A16D-95CE-48B3-9CE2-971359D2DF38.jpeg

Last edited:
Aurier could’ve done a tad better at tracking back Dacoure, instead of allowing the Watford midfielder to blindside Alderweireld for a tap-in...

View attachment 7448 View attachment 7449

Fair play, didn't see it.

As noted in his thread, I don't think he has good defensive awareness. He's decent going forward. A liability in defense. Still, he wasn't so bad on Saturday, I felt like it was a better game from him, but maybe I wasn't attentive fully.

Fair play, didn't see it.

As noted in his thread, I don't think he has good defensive awareness. He's decent going forward. A liability in defense. Still, he wasn't so bad on Saturday, I felt like it was a better game from him, but maybe I wasn't attentive fully.

What is infuriating is that he has all the tools to be an excellent player, but appears either too stupid or cavalier to be one. Tragic. He is a massive liability at this point...

What is infuriating is that he has all the tools to be an excellent player, but appears either too stupid or cavalier to be one. Tragic. He is a massive liability at this point...

It is his awareness. Spatial awareness, seeing what's brewing and what will happen next. Poch called it his concentration. However, I am not sure he should be the spacegoat for this draw? I was so turned off, I wasn't bothered to watch it with any focus myself. But my impression was Aurier was looking more settled at least.

There is no one thing that explains our form. It is a combination of new formations, players without confidence. Sanchez has hardly played so he needs to settle in. The new stadium effect. Lack of new signings being available. All the angst with contracts at the start of the season. The hangover from the CL.

I was expecting a transitional year, so am not as hysterical as many. We need to group together, lower our expectations, and get behind the team and poch.

docoure was class again and really should be at a top club by now

what I love is the use the infamous cross it in the box to anyone of their 3 CBS to head... I assume to us

Docoure was like Dier, screening the defense, sometimes like a 3rd CB. But what is different is he breaks forward so effectively. Easy to say now, but signing him over the summer would have given us a PL ready player who would have upgraded our midfield. Not Dembele, but an effective player. I haven't seen him in enough games but he was their key player on saturday :(

Maybe you're looking at the opposition sterotype and not the game? Forget Watford were winless, they had a new manager, were organised, determined and in Daoucoure you have a player that is good enough to play for CL clubs (and we couldn't defend his run and goal). There aren't many easy games in the PL, this wasn't one, and our team needs to be ready to perform at an elite level when teams like watford try and undermine us. At the moment we can't take control, they impose on us. How much has that got to do with the midfield?
Everything.

View attachment 7448 View attachment 7449
Aurier was miles up the pitch, it was Sissoko sitting on the right side of defence.
As much as I don't rate Sissoko this goal wasn't down to him or Aurier it was all Vertoghen. Dacoure was a mile offside if Vertoghen had just looked down the line, he was the sole player playing him onside. You even see in the screenshot how far behind the rest of the backline he is and how far in front Dacoure is ahead of the rest of the backline.

Very very poor from Jan.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Back