• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

Report: Spurs keen on highly-promising Crystal Palace striker
By
Alex Neil
-
October 15, 2019

Tottenham Hotspur remain interested in young Crystal Palace striker Zion Atta.

teamTALK report that the 14-year-old was on the radar of Spurs before Palace signed the promising forward from Millwall last summer.

Despite his relatively young age, Atta is expected to line up for the Eagles Under-18 side during the season.

Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool, Manchester United and Chelsea are all keen on Atta, who looks set to stay at Selhurst Park with the player and his family happy with how things are progressing in South London.

Tottenham have raised Palace in the past for promising talent which did not work out as planned.

In 2008, Spurs announced that they had signed the highly-rated 16-year-old John Bostock after became Palace’s youngest-ever player aged just 15 years, 287 days when he came on as a replacement against Watford on 29th October 2007.

The midfielder failed to make the grade in North London and did not make a single Premier League appearance for the club and can now be found playing in the Championship for Nottingham Forest on loan from French side Toulouse (BBC).
If he’s half as good as previous signings from Palace, like Routledge and Bostock, were for us - then he should stay at Palace! :D

Pochettino makes personal call to try and help Tottenham beat Southampton to signing
By Naveen Ullal -

16th October 2019

Jean-Philippe Mateta joined Mainz in 2018 and impressed in his debut season, scoring 14 goals and managing three assists in the Bundesliga.

Watford, Everton, Brighton & Hove Albion, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Cardiff City were interested in the striker in the summer, but Mainz director Rouven Schröder was able to fend off interest by extending the Frenchman’s contract until 2023.

The 22-year-old is sidelined with an injury, but that hasn’t stopped him from drawing Southampton and Tottenham Hotspur’s attention, according to Sport Bild.

Mateta underwent a meniscus operation, and after rehab, Tottenham and Southampton contacted the player’s agent Pierre-Henri Bovis about his client.

Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino personally called the Mainz star’s representative as he’s looking to try and help the north London club beat Southampton to attacker’s transfer.

Mateta, who is expected to return to action in November, has not ruled out a transfer in January.

Mainz turned down an offer of around €28m from Saudi Sportswashing Machine in the last window because it was deemed ‘too little’.

He has no release clause and the report claims Schröder has set a minimum asking price of €30m. His market value is around €22m.

Mateta hasn’t featured even once this season and therefore, it’s best for Southampton and Tottenham to wait and see how he performs after returning from injury.

One that got away....

Kevin Mirallas recalls the moment he spoke to new signing Aaron Lennon on the Everton training ground after his own move to Tottenham had collapsed.

The Belgium international, who now plays for Royal Antwerp, had an opportunity to join Tottenham from Everton back in the winter transfer window of 2014-15.

Despite talks with Daniel Levy and Mauricio Pochettino, the Toffees kept Mirallas at the club – but the 32-year-old has explained a training ground exchange he had with new signing Lennon not long after.

“I scored a lot of goals in the first part of the season and in January, my agent called to tell me a lot of teams were interested,” Mirallas told The Athletic.

“I told him I didn’t want to go in January as it was better to finish the new season, but he kept calling me to say that Daniel Levy and Mauricio Pochettino wanted me (at Tottenham).

“Then, he also told me Diego Simeone (the Atletico Madrid coach) was calling for me. At that moment, there were a lot of games with Everton and I said to him that I’d see what happened at the end of the season.

“But he called me again one day and said, ‘Tottenham want you, right now.’ I told him to speak to the chairman but the chairman (Bill Kenwright) and (manager) Roberto Martinez were saying no. I had two years left on my contract and Everton didn’t want me to leave but also wouldn’t give me a new contract.

“My agent suggested Everton give me a new contract if I said no, but when I did that, they didn’t give me a new contract. Afterwards, Tottenham kept pushing, so I spoke to Levy and Pochettino. I thought it was a good opportunity because Tottenham were doing well, so I pushed to leave.

“They offered a lot of money to Everton, plus a player, but they rejected it because they thought the player they offered, Aaron Lennon, was not the same type of player as me.

“Finally, on the last day, they brought in Lennon (on loan). I remember being shocked when I got to the training ground and saw Aaron. I said, ‘Aaron, I didn’t have a problem with you because you are a good guy, but what the fudge is that?’ I was very shocked.”

And to be completely honest Im rather grateful it worked out that way!

....That remains to be seen but, should Eriksen end up departing, Spurs have reportedly lined up Isco as his replacement.

El Desmarque say that the Spaniard is one of three players that Madrid could move on in the winter transfer window, and Isco has the most options of anyone.

Tottenham are the ‘main favourite’ for his signature should Real Madrid try and get a move for Eriksen done at the same time. Bayern Munich are also monitoring the situation.

There’s no mention of figures at this point, although given Eriksen would be able to negotiate with Madrid over a summer move at that point, the power would very much be in Madrid’s court.

If Tottenham were able to pull off a deal that saw them essentially swapping Eriksen for Isco, though, it’s one they’d probably take willingly at this stage.

Pochettino makes personal call to try and help Tottenham beat Southampton to signing
The 22-year-old is sidelined with an injury, but that hasn’t stopped him from drawing Southampton and Tottenham Hotspur’s attention, according to Sport Bild.

of course it hasn’t.

Did Paul Mitchell change the link in the blackbox to physioroom.com just before he left??

Back