• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs vs Watford

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United was a de gea masterclass though and I excuse him for the last few months of last season as we had incredible injuries.

This season alone is where I am frankly furious with what I am seeing in relation to the constant changing of weird formation to next weird formation and the team selections are also increasingly bizarre.

Like me it seems the players have had enough of it.
Agree. Many seem to dismiss that we basically only had an XI and some youngsters for long periods due to injuries. The players who where fit, virtually had to play every game. We didn't have the opportunity to rotate. This season, although some injuries, that can't be used as an excuse.

Well......normally the drive home is the most frustrating part of a matchday,but today, navigating all the roadworks on the M1 and M6 was an absolute breeze compared to sitting through that 98mins of dross.

I think we can be thankful that Watford cant shoot straight, otherwise there would have been no point to save. Believe me if Liverpool get given the chances Watford had, they wont be as kind to us.
Unless something changes before next Sunday I fear we could see a repeat of 1978 (for those not old enough, look it up!)

It's nice to hear Pochettino is happy with how we some spirit to battle back. To be honest mate, we should not be in a position where we have to fight back to scrape a point against the bottom team without a win all season.

Sorry for the rant/moan, but it is heartbreaking seeing the team I love gradually going backwards week by week. Nothing less than a win on Tuesday night now for me

Well......normally the drive home is the most frustrating part of a matchday,but today, navigating all the roadworks on the M1 and M6 was an absolute breeze compared to sitting through that 98mins of dross.

I think we can be thankful that Watford cant shoot straight, otherwise there would have been no point to save. Believe me if Liverpool get given the chances Watford had, they wont be as kind to us.
Unless something changes before next Sunday I fear we could see a repeat of 1978 (for those not old enough, look it up!)

It's nice to hear Pochettino is happy with how we some spirit to battle back. To be honest mate, we should not be in a position where we have to fight back to scrape a point against the bottom team without a win all season.

Sorry for the rant/moan, but it is heartbreaking seeing the team I love gradually going backwards week by week. Nothing less than a win on Tuesday night now for me

....before the inevitable spit-roasting at Anfield next sunday...

Very simple rule change would stop the goal
kick situation. GK gets 10/15 seconds to take the kick and then the clock freezes. He can take as long as he likes then as the time isn’t lost.

I think against Brighton there was one that was 53 seconds.

I would go simpler than that. 1st time the GK timewastes, ref tells him to get on with it, 2nd time he warns him if it continues its a booking, a 3rd time it's a yellow.

Think it took over an hour before the ref even bothered with Foster's antics

....before the inevitable spit-roasting at Anfield next sunday...

On current form, that's a given.

The guy in front of us said, would be typical of Spurs to lose to Watford then go and beat Liverpool.

I assume it was tongue-in-cheek, because this current team has no chance next week unless Liverpool phone it in

I would go simpler than that. 1st time the GK timewastes, ref tells him to get on with it, 2nd time he warns him if it continues its a booking, a 3rd time it's a yellow.

And Foster does it every season against us. He is the master of it. All this acting he does that makes it look like he is pointing for players to move etc.

On current form, that's a given.

The guy in front of us said, would be typical of Spurs to lose to Watford then go and beat Liverpool.

I assume it was tongue-in-cheek, because this current team has no chance next week unless Liverpool phone it in

Weirdly I think we can play better in an attacking sense as they wont sit with 10 behind the ball. But our Defence is going to get ripped apart. I see nothing less than a 3 or 4 goal defeat.

Another depressing afternoon.

I really want to believe Poch can turn it round, but it's getting harder to have faith in what he's doing, or to even understand what he's doing.

Such a defensive line- up, and we still concede within minutes.
Balls out to the full backs. Cross it in with varying degrees of inaccuracy. Opposition soon works it out and defends it easily. Rinse and repeat.

Why was Ndombele not starting?

Our back 4 (second half) seemed happy to point and blame each other. Not something we'd have seen a few seasons ago.

I'm trying to find something positive from today and it would have to be Dele. About the only player who was trying to make things happen, especially first half. Signs of the Dele of old, which is promising.
Kane was awful. Didn't get much service to be fair, but balls you'd normally expect him to attack he seemed to hold back from.

I don't know where we go from here.

Just waiting for our turn on MOTD. Like a glutton for punishment.

This.

Fuc.k Mauricio Pochettino.

He's lost it.

Today was his big chance to reset expectations, play a good team/formation, spank the bottom side at home.

But he played 8 players that NEVER score.

In a formation they hate.

Idiotic, he is definitely trying to get sacked and paid off.

Very much smacks of the last weeks of Ramos to me too.

He said exactly the opposite in two different interviews I've seen. Pretty sure you must have misheard it.

Not heard his post match comments yet, but just saw this from Alastair Gold :
"Poch: “The performance wasn’t great, but when you concede an early goal it is always tough, it is a difficult situation. The atmosphere wasn’t in the way you love to play, it wasn’t the best. I understand why though."

To be honest, the atmosphere was nowhere near as bad as it could have been, considering what was playing out in front of us.
Really not a helpful comment.

That’s literally no punishment in my book. GK walks off with a yellow and prevents oppo getting anything going. Managers dream.

My method is to avoid the time wasting in the first place.

Not heard his post match comments yet, but just saw this from Alastair Gold :
"Poch: “The performance wasn’t great, but when you concede an early goal it is always tough, it is a difficult situation. The atmosphere wasn’t in the way you love to play, it wasn’t the best. I understand why though."

To be honest, the atmosphere was nowhere near as bad as it could have been, considering what was playing out in front of us.
Really not a helpful comment.

Wish I was interviewing. “Your first meaningful shot was approx 20th minute. Maybe had you not picked such a defensive line up the crowd would have had some attacking play to feed off!?”

Back