• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

DUP still saying they don't support it. So Boris thinks he can get it through parliament anyway? Or knows he can't?

Not a clue where this is going. I'd like to think the DUP are simply trying to squeeze the last drops out, but something tells me that isn't the case. So who knows what the plan is... :confused:

ITV is hugely skewed towards Chavs. Run it on BBC and you would probably see the opposite. But is this the correct thread?
Thought I'd move this over here.

Wasn't it a Comres poll for ITN, rather than a poll taken of ITV viewers?

There's a cliff over there if it all gets too much.

v87gjO.gif

Not a clue where this is going. I'd like to think the DUP are simply trying to squeeze the last drops out, but something tells me that isn't the case. So who knows what the plan is... :confused:
Agreed with EU, not agreed in parliament on Saturday, extension applied for,....so rinse and repeat, unless Boris is squeezing us down the No Deal pathway. The type of deal he's struck, compared to May, will be a good indication of that.

Agreed with EU, not agreed in parliament on Saturday, extension applied for,....so rinse and repeat, unless Boris is squeezing us down the No Deal pathway. The type of deal he's struck, compared to May, will be a good indication of that.

This is what I'm curious about - Johnson's logic. The flavour of the bbc's coverage right now is that the DUP aren't for turning, and without that happening I can't see where he thinks he's going with this.

Edit: seems to be some suggestion now that he's going to ask the EU to rule out an extension, ie. effectively make the vote in parliament this deal vs. no deal. Nice idea, but I can't see the EU going along with it for a minute...

Last edited:
This is what I'm curious about - Johnson's logic. The flavour of the bbc's coverage right now is that the DUP aren't for turning, and without that happening I can't see where he thinks he's going with this.
We'd pretty much tested all the flavours of a deal that might be acceptable...and none of them looked a winner (getting a majority in parliament), so unless he managed to muster some wonder deal, all you can think is, is he just going thru the motions to some place else?

Edit: seems to be some suggestion now that he's going to ask the EU to rule out an extension, ie. effectively make the vote in parliament this deal vs. no deal. Nice idea, but I can't see the EU going along with it for a minute...

he wants to sell it as that, but as it stands it's his deal or an extension

Juncker rules out Brexit extension

The President of the European Commission rules out granting an extension to the Brexit deadline of 31 October.

Jean-Claude Juncker tells reporters there is no need for an extension now there is a deal on the table.

Did Juncker just suggest no more extensions...?

Seems so. Although BBC have him saying there is no need for an extension as there is a deal on the table.
Not quite the same as ruling it out (although I haven't heard his actual words).

Edit - and of course he has to say that anyway, a mere few hours after announcing the deal.
It would be a collective decision of the member states who decide on an extension or not, if one needs to be requested.

Seems so. Although BBC have him saying there is no need for an extension as there is a deal on the table.
Not quite the same as ruling it out (although I haven't heard his actual words).

Edit - and of course he has to say that anyway, a mere few hours after announcing the deal.
It would be a collective decision of the member states who decide on an extension or not, if one needs to be requested.
Not quite. It has to be unanimous to accept it and if Juncker is insisting on not offering an extension, you can bet at least one country will follow him.

Checkmate.

Boris is a fudging tool but he's played a blinder here.

Juncker rules out Brexit extension

The President of the European Commission rules out granting an extension to the Brexit deadline of 31 October.

Jean-Claude Juncker tells reporters there is no need for an extension now there is a deal on the table.

Get ready for the remainer hysterics...

Back