• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

All these pundits claiming Kane should leave. How come they never say it about the Arsenal strikers when they miss out on champions league.

I really feel like people hate us.

it's just media talk - pay no attention the reason they use Kane more often is it works! - look at us talking about it!

(Heads up) I'm currently having problems getting on and staying logged in, to this site - If you do not get a reply, that will be the reason

All these pundits claiming Kane should leave. How come they never say it about the Arsenal strikers when they miss out on champions league.

The point they are saying is he needs to leave to win trophies. Even during Arsenal’s poor period they have still managed that. During our apparent golden era we have failed to, and is something that will always be levelled at us until we win things....

They don't hate us exactly, it's just they don't like seeing us trying to be more than mid table.

With that said, if he asked to go this summer and we got a bid of >£150m, I'd let him go. The guy has given his all to the club and he deserves more than two seasons of transition. Let's be honest, right now that is what we are looking at regardless of who is in charge. We need to make a lot of changes and there is no way that we will look solid until the middle of next year.

A shot at the title would only start in the 21/22 season. He'll be 28 then and have less options than he does now.

As an extra comment, his sale would bolster our transfer kitty significantly. I know this sounds bricky but from a business point of view, we've done an Arsenal in seeing some of our most valuable assets leave for fudge all. Now we need an overhaul to not only replace those players, but to also fill in the big holes all over the pitch. >£150m would buy us 3-4 top level talents. This would be the Bale situation again, except this time we would be losing a player who has given us a lot more than a season and a half of gold.

Last edited:
They don't hate us exactly, it's just they don't like seeing us trying to be more than mid table.

With that said, if he asked to go this summer and we got a bid of >£150m, I'd let him go. The guy has given his all to the club and he deserves more than two seasons of transition. Let's be honest, right now that is what we are looking at regardless of who is in charge. We need to make a lot of changes and there is no way that we will look solid until the middle of next year.

A shot at the title would only start in the 21/22 season. He'll be 28 then and have less options than he does now.

As an extra comment, his sale would bolster our transfer kitty significantly. I know this sounds bricky but from a business point of view, we've done an Arsenal in seeing some of our most valuable assets leave for fudge all. Now we need an overhaul to not only replace those players, but to also fill in the big holes all over the pitch. >£150m would buy us 3-4 top level talents. This would be the Bale situation again, except this time we would be losing a player who has given us a lot more than a season and a half of gold.

I understand what your saying and sort of agree to a degree.

My concern would be like with the Bale money how we would spend it.

Kane is getting older and if he was sold abroad so could not come back to haunt us maybe I could be convinced.

I agree on the Bale money, but in fairness we backed AVB and to a latter extent Baldini. A lack of suitability to the league or poor scouting can be blamed for how a few of those turned out, but I think it's fair to say that finding that one diamond in amongst the group (Eriksen) made up for the rest. The subsequent sales of those we didn't keep allowed us to sign Son and Alderweireld, two players that have been integral parts of the team.

So far as the Bale money goes:

Chiriches - Bought for 8.55m, sold for 6.3m
Capoue - Bought for 9.9m, sold for 8m
Soldado - Bought for 27m, sold for 14.4m
Paulinho - Bought for 17.75m, sold for 12.6m

These guys all failed for one reason or another although at the time, no one expected Soldado to go from one of Spain's most prolific strikers to not being able to hit the net from 6 yards. Paulinho was seen as an incredibly smart buy, yet turned out to be a complete misfit. Then we have Chadli who gave put in some very good performances and who we actually sold at a profit. When all added up, we only lost £15.56m which isn't the end of the world.

The two missing from the list are Lamela and Eriksen. Eriksen would've recouped all the Bale money himself had we had the chance to sell him at market rate whilst Lamela will probably got for 10-15m.

My point here is that without Eriksen running down his contract the whole Bale cash splurge would've been recouped and spent again. Without that money and without a sugar daddy, we have few realistic options when it comes down to financing an overhaul.

Great performance, shame he played every minute of both games. He'll be knackered on Saturday now.

Yep and Poch wont say a thing about it, He does not even try to protect our players. While Sterling gets a rest. It is the last 10 minutes of games where players pick up muscle injuries. But hey it is little old Tottenham so it does not matter.

Yeah I think Kane wants to play the whole game because he is Captain with a capital C.

It was notable after the game that the head of the FA said "I checked with Gareth and Harry whether they wanted to carry on..."

It was nice to see Trips, Winks, Kane combining to create goals. Kane put in a cross so perfect, even Barkley couldn't miss (although he did his usual best to mess it up, flapping his skull around when all he needed to do was keep his head still and deflect it in)

As if Harry is going to get subbed when there’s goals galore and he hasn’t scored any of them:D

Some of his forward play was great, was drifting out wide and everywhere but at the same time still made sure he was in a central position to have chances. Let’s be honest,again he should have scored more though. I don’t consider him one of the games most lethal finishers (yes I know all strikers miss chances)....

Yep and Poch wont say a thing about it, He does not even try to protect our players. While Sterling gets a rest. It is the last 10 minutes of games where players pick up muscle injuries. But hey it is little old Tottenham so it does not matter.

It’s easy to blame Southgate, but Mopo and the player are as much to blame.

The player should manage his work load better - is it ego/team before body?

Mopo needs to say he is unhappy with it, he’s also the one that brought him on against Tranmere so I’m not sure he is.

The whole situation is ridiculous

So serious question.

- When Kane first started playing well for us there was a regular debate of him being more of a Teddy type player, i.e. 2nd Striker, not the guy up front.
- However his clinical nature has made everyone assume he's the finisher.

Looking at how well he seems to work with Sterling (Rashford and others as well if they could finish), is it worth seeing if we play Lucas/Son in centre/front of him? (instead of just the occasional run beyond they do now?)

I think its a mistake.

The mans a striker. Well, a striker, and then some. But predominantly a striker - literally one of the best in the world.

Moura or Son ahead of Kane cannot do as well as Kane ahead of someone else.

No question, but he is also a guy who can set up a hattrick of assists in a single game.

In a side that is struggling for creativity but has plenty of strikers (Son, Lucas, Dele) is it worth a try?

Back