• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

The book was just weird, the actual book and the whole process

Why would a manager who has not achieved much do one, comes across egotistical to me

Also staying stuff that happened behind closed doors is a big no no

I maybe recalling the string of events incorrectly, but I don’t think Dier was the same after and the Rose comments came out shortly after the book?

The walker stuff came over as excuses - I honestly don’t think Walker would have not turned up if picked and he realised not playing him cost us.

I still haven’t read it all as I cringe.
That is an interesting point. I hadn’t considered that. My personal moment with him was the book, which I still believe was unwise.

The book was just weird, the actual book and the whole process

Why would a manager who has not achieved much do one, comes across egotistical to me

Also staying stuff that happened behind closed doors is a big no no

I maybe recalling the string of events incorrectly, but I don’t think Dier was the same after and the Rose comments came out shortly after the book?

The walker stuff came over as excuses - I honestly don’t think Walker would have not turned up if picked and he realised not playing him cost us.

I still haven’t read it all as I cringe.

The book was -IMO- a major misstep, and poorly timed. I expressed slight incredulousness at the time, and looking back, it is the one major misstep I feel Poch has made. That and not being able to integrate one key, super-experienced, veteran winner into the pack. I will always feel Alves would've been a great Davids-esque signing. Having said that, was never going to happen as he doesn't do that, but I'd be happy if he considered changing his ways on that score slightly...

I wouldn't take him at Spurs because he hasn't shown anything other than the above. However I wouldn't mind seeing Dyche get the gig at a club like West Ham to see if he could do similar with a club like that with greater resources and a slightly higher demand in terms of style of play. If he operated differently at a club like that and had them punching above their weight then he'd be worth a look for a club like ours.
We took Poch from a far better club than West Ham, playing far more enjoyable football at a far higher level.

We're a couple of levels further on from where we were then. Next time I think we need to set our sights higher. Take some of the risk out by getting someone in who has proven themselves able to manage a top club through the top games.

We took Poch from a far better club than West Ham, playing far more enjoyable football at a far higher level.

We're a couple of levels further on from where we were then. Next time I think we need to set our sights higher. Take some of the risk out by getting someone in who has proven themselves able to manage a top club through the top games.

Allegri, Simone, Mourinho, Ancelotti

This thread has taken a bizarre turn IMO.

Funny to see it...funny and a bit sad.

I mean, does ANYONE here have the cajones, courage and trust to see what Poch can do between now and the January window? Even at our worst we are still 5 points off second simply because however poorly they are performing, they are top quality players.

FWIW I heard back in the summer that Allegri had already been factored as the potential replacement had Poch shown signs of cutting and running.

I am going to back Poch to get us out of this, providing he makes the calls which need to be made and turfs the wasters out. Again, if HE wants to be here, we will rise again and pretty fast...

This thread has taken a bizarre turn IMO.

Funny to see it...funny and a bit sad.

I mean, does ANYONE here have the cajones, courage and trust to see what Poch can do between now and the January window? Even at our worst we are still 5 points off second simply because however poorly they are performing, they are top quality players.

FWIW I heard back in the summer that Allegri had already been factored as the potential replacement had Poch shown signs of cutting and running.

I am going to back Poch to get us out of this, providing he makes the calls which need to be made and turfs the wasters out. Again, if HE wants to be here, we will rise again and pretty fast...

Why would anyone want to?

- You are mixing up personal feelings/like for Poch with what is best for the club (I'm a Spurs fan, not a Poch fan).

Facts

- History shows exactly what happens to managers at this stage when they hit a bad run .. and it never "turns around"
- 2nd, the names people have indicated, i.e. Jose & Allegri are in all likelihood better managers than prime Poch.

This isn't about having balls, this is about having a real conversation of "is it even possible to turn this around" and btw, re your last point of "if Poch wants to be here", the fact we have to ask is a big part of the problem itself.

History, the situation all point to the best course of action being brave (having cajones) and making the right decision now, instead fo hobbling to the inevitable, costing us point and further damaging squad confidence.

Massively under rated
Apparently their football is brick which is a standard argument for managers who get the best out of what they have

That’s a goal to be proud of

They are pretty agricultural in general, its fair to say.

I think the evolution in their game is subtle. They are more tactical in where they press game to game etc.

Even so, IMO, this is Dyche - this isnt "Poor Dyche just has the resources so he HAS to play like this".

They are pretty agricultural in general, its fair to say.

I think the evolution in their game is subtle. They are more tactical in where they press game to game etc.

Even so, IMO, this is Dyche - this isnt "Poor Dyche just has the resources so he HAS to play like this".

Every player who has played for him talks about him in a similar way to Poch

I’m not saying Dyche is the answer for us at all. The answer for us is Poch

But people who don’t rate Dyche are IMO missing a trick

Back