• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

You know brick is getting really silly when Sean fudging Dyche is mentioned as a possible replacement for Poch.

I can only assume @alekaras hasn't actually seen Burnley play. You'd want that style at the lane? fudge me drunk.
He plays that style because of the personnel he has at his disposal. But he gets every single ounce out of them. If he can do that with our players, it would be a totally different team. I wouldn't want him as a long-term solution, but someone needs to light a fire under our player's asses to get them to wake up.

He plays that style because of the personnel he has at his disposal. But he gets every single ounce out of them. If he can do that with our players, it would be a totally different team. I wouldn't want him as a long-term solution, but someone needs to light a fire under our player's asses to get them to wake up.

My feeling with Dyche is becoming similar to Moyes.

I think the excuse of resources is no longer valid, he has been there long enough to have developed any style he likes

My feeling with Dyche is becoming similar to Moyes.

I think the excuse of resources is no longer valid, he has been there long enough to have developed any style he likes
I think Dyche is a good manager but he isn't a manager for Spurs. AVB's football was too dull for us, we should never stoop to a level even more boring than that. I think Dyche would probably do really well at Everton and their fans probably wouldn't mind the football if it moved their team up the table.

If going for a youngish English manager then I would rather Howe from Bournemouth (although I wouldn't want him either).

Personally I would rather stick with Poch, but if we have to lose him then I think Erik ten Hag would probably be my choice of replacement. I like the way he shaped that Ajax team and really enjoyed the football they played.

I think Dyche is a good manager but he isn't a manager for Spurs. AVB's football was too dull for us, we should never stoop to a level even more boring than that. I think Dyche would probably do really well at Everton and their fans probably wouldn't mind the football if it moved their team up the table.

Thats a good shoutl

For me, I look at Swansea, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Wolves, Norwich... and I see attacking and good football played on a budget.

Money is not a requirement, intent is.

After the time Dyche has had at Burnley, this is the team he wants.

As with Moyes, people always said "when he has more money he'll play better football", but it was never the case IMHO.

If going for a youngish English manager then I would rather Howe from Bournemouth (although I wouldn't want him either).

Not a fan of Howe for the job at all, despite being quite a fan of Howe. Would be a very poor appointment.

Personally I would rather stick with Poch, but if we have to lose him then I think Erik ten Hag would probably be my choice of replacement. I like the way he shaped that Ajax team and really enjoyed the football they played.

Big fan of what Erik ten Hag has done, and he certainly fits the bill of the sort of manager I gravitate towards.

Though my current favourite is Nuno Espirito Santo

Thats a good shoutl

For me, I look at Swansea, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Wolves, Norwich... and I see attacking and good football played on a budget.

Money is not a requirement, intent is.
True.... but Swansea got relegated, Huddersfield got relegated and I think Norwich will get relegated this season. Wolves have done well but actually have a huge amount of resources these days. I think Dyche's remit at Burnley is simply to finish as high in the table as possible, I don't think the chairman or the fans are demanding of a certain type of football and therefore Dyche is fulfilling his remit extremely well.

I wouldn't take him at Spurs because he hasn't shown anything other than the above. However I wouldn't mind seeing Dyche get the gig at a club like West Ham to see if he could do similar with a club like that with greater resources and a slightly higher demand in terms of style of play. If he operated differently at a club like that and had them punching above their weight then he'd be worth a look for a club like ours.

The teams have/had varying success, but the point is they all did well (for a time at least) playing good football without spending big.

Remit or no remit, if Dyche had ambition to play better football he could. I'm sure the fans wouldn't be complaining ;)

Not a fan of Howe for the job at all, despite being quite a fan of Howe. Would be a very poor appointment.

Big fan of what Erik ten Hag has done, and he certainly fits the bill of the sort of manager I gravitate towards.

While I have been impressed at the results Wolves have obtained, I'm not convinced that Wolves' good run has been based on anything other than defending deep and counter attacking. That works at Wolves at the moment because they aren't one of the fancied teams, but I'd like to see how he adapts to managing a team who are generally expected to win both at home and away before seeing him as a good option for us.

As you know I like this guy but I'm not sure if Spurs today may well now need a little more gravitas and reputation from any incoming Poch replacement.
Think our squad need a ”name” who has been there and done it, their confidence needs restoring.

(Heads up) I'm currently having problems getting on to this site - If you do not get a reply, that will be the reason

While I have been impressed at the results Wolves have obtained, I'm not convinced that Wolves' good run has been based on anything other than defending deep and counter attacking. That works at Wolves at the moment because they aren't one of the fancied teams, but I'd like to see how he adapts to managing a team who are generally expected to win both at home and away before seeing him as a good option for us.

I like what the do a lot, worth paying a bit more attention if you get the chance

The teams have/had varying success, but the point is they all did well (for a time at least) playing good football without spending big.

Remit or no remit, if Dyche had ambition to play better football he could. I'm sure the fans wouldn't be complaining ;)
I'm sure the fans would complain if that more attractive football resulted in them getting relegated.

If it was the era after Christian gross then sure Dyche may have been worth a punt ... as it stands we are looking to move forward not backwards ..

We need a trusted proven man to come in that knows the league ... I hope poch can turn it around but for me as sickening as it sounds mourinho could find his spiritual home here with lemons on and off the pitch

If it was the era after Christian gross then sure Dyche may have been worth a punt ... as it stands we are looking to move forward not backwards ..

We need a trusted proven man to come in that knows the league ... I hope Poch can turn it around but for me as sickening as it sounds Mourinho could find his spiritual home here with lemons on and off the pitch

Yep - but it still beggars belief how it got this bad.

Eriksen has repeatedly said he's leaving, nothing wrong with that, even batted his eyelashes at certain clubs, but that's OK.
Poch says if I win the biggest trophy in Club (for our club, fudge me spurs winning the CL) I may think that's all I can do here and its forever thrown back at him.

It does work both ways, I’m pretty certain that Mopo has batted his eyelashes at other clubs more than CE has other the past year.

Back