• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Climate Change

That's not how I read the article.

It reads to me as if the author is (rightfully) sneering at xr for telling us to listen to the experts whilst not doing so themselves.

The 2050 figure is from the IPCC executive summary on how to keep the Δ to 1.5C, I believe.
Yes, the 1.5C figure is likely based on the IPCC report stating we should be hitting zero emissions by 2050. That model has already been called into question though as they discover new emission sources and feedback loops that were not accounted for. The short version is that 2050 is too late. I imagine this is the motivation behind the XR 2025 target, which is obviously way too ambitious.

Last edited:
Yes, the 1.5C figure is based on the IPCC report stating we should be hitting zero emissions by 2050 I would think. That model has already been called into question though as they discover new emission sources and feedback loops that were not accounted for. The short version is that 2050 is too late. I imagine this is the motivation behind the XR 2025 target, which is obviously way too ambitious.

The billions of children dying was also hugely inaccurate too, although there will be deaths and although any death is one too many the scare tactic and figures plucked from the air (no pun intended) just ebb away at ER message in my opinion.

So ER received a physical public backlash at Canning Town this morning. It's another misjudgement from them, attacking people already using mass transit.

People still don't care enough to put up with any disruption to their own lives. I'm not sure that is going to change until the sky falls in.

So ER received a physical public backlash at Canning Town this morning. It's another misjudgement from them, attacking people already using mass transit.

People still don't care enough to put up with any disruption to their own lives. I'm not sure that is going to change until the sky falls in.
Then the will blame the government!

Kind of exposes their eco-credentials doesnt it? Trying to prevent people from using the least eco-damaging option available.

fudge these guys, who are they to think they can mess with peoples lives like this?

Even worse there are still people railing against those commuters pulling them off the train, as if they have the bloody right to be up there in the first place!

I dont mind them getting a pasting to be honest :D

What did they expect to happen? Especially as this particular instance misses the point rather drastically.

I dont really agree with them obstructing airports, but I can at least see that planes are very polluting and so it makes sense from an ER angle.

This Tube stunt just doesnt stack up even on eco credentials. And is a direct action against the public, not the authorities or decision makers.

To what end? Other than to ruin everyones day and get attention - because its nothing to do with saving the planet.

They are attention seeking macarons, vandals and law breakers, theres nothing virtuous about muppets getting behind a cause to justify acting the clam.

Back