• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fall at work

Grays_1890

Colin Calderwood
Last Thursday I took a fall at work, down stairs landing on my back, been off resting up since so on my 4th sick day, I work in a marketing office.

Got a text from boss saying they are putting me onto SSP now.

I feel really let down by that considering I stayed to finish work for 6 hours after my fall and the fall was at work.

I can understand you feeling a bit peeved given the circumstances however if there's no fault as you say, and if SSP is all your contract stipulates (and presumably it is, given that this is what your boss has advised) I can't see that there's much you can do. I'm not honestly sure whether the fact that you had an accident at work puts any additional requirement on the employer in a situation like this.

Maybe you could let them know how you feel, but it's up to you to judge whether or not you think that would be wise.

Last edited:
Could possibly be argued that you done yourself further damage by staying at work to see out the day thus needing more time off as a result - don't know what rules there are with injuries but maybe they should have been sending you home/hospital rather than letting you work and have shown a lack of due care in their actions.

Are the stairs, concrete, metal or carpeted?
Do they have a grip strip on the edge?
Is there sufficient signage?
Were you on a work errand and was you being pressured to hurry up

If the answer to the above is no, then you probably have very little recourse and your best approach is to brick on your bosses desk

Last Thursday I took a fall at work, down stairs landing on my back, been off resting up since so on my 4th sick day, I work in a marketing office.

Got a text from boss saying they are putting me onto SSP now.

I feel really let down by that considering I stayed to finish work for 6 hours after my fall and the fall was at work.
I'm confused. You had a fall on Thurs 3rd October. Yet the day before you were asking about "notice periods" as you wanted to leave that job early. You say you're off work sick. But in the extinction rebellion thread you were out at McDonalds, in town, at Whitehall... what is the truth here? Is it an in-joke?

I fell down the stairs last Thursday lunch time and yes I have been offered another job hence the notice period post.

I was in whitehall as I had to keep a work appointment relating to a Visa for future trip. So I dragged myself up.

Thems the fact.

I fell down the stairs last Thursday lunch time and yes I have been offered another job hence the notice period post.

I was in whitehall as I had to keep a work appointment relating to a Visa for future trip. So I dragged myself up.

Thems the fact.

I would take the SSP and keep a low profile. If you were well enough to travel and take a work appointment then you’re well enough to work.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

II would take the SSP and keep a low profile. If you were well enough to travel and take a work appointment then you’re well enough to work.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Hahah yeh course, picking up a stamped passport is same as 5, 8hr days work, well worked logic that.

Thems the fact.
giphy.gif

Back