• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Poll: which has been Pochettino's worst managerial mistake to date?

Which has been Pochettino's biggest managerial mistake so far?

• Not playing Kyle Walker in 2017 FA Cup semi-final before selling him

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Writing THAT book...

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Not selling Rose within a year of his comments on pay and club ambition in summer 2017

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Asking club to be brave, then signing new 5 year contract before getting no transfers in summer 2018

• Saying Trophies "are just for egos" and "won't change our lives"

• Starting fixture gap 'mind games' (then losing to Burnley after having more days b4 than Burnley...)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saying he might leave if we win CL (and re-iterating it in tyhe summer after CL final)

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Dropping Moura in CL final after his SF heroics

Votes: 26 41.9%
  • Saying the squad is not the best one he's had

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Starting Kane in the CL final when not sure if he was fit enough. Not saying it was a mistake. But it caused a lot of uproar or agreement.

It will always be fielding a second string team against Arsenal in the 2015 League Cup.
At the time he really didn't get it.
He would never do that now.

How can you blame Poch for not selling players? That's not his role ffs.

His current squad isn't the best Tottenham squad he's had. That's obvious. This thread is macaronic in the extreme.

Between Rose and the book for me.

I'll lean towards Rose as I've not been able to bring myself to read more than a few chunks of the book.

His current squad isn't the best Tottenham squad he's had. That's obvious. This thread is macaronic in the extreme.

Two of the three players that want to leave have had offers from other clubs and refused them. Players we seem happy to let go.
What can we/he do about?

Some of the reasoning is a bit weird,
pochs lost the dressing room, get Jose, the greatest dressing room uniter ever.

He shouldn't be opening his mouth in public, get Brenda in.

I mean fudge me, reading this it's like Jose is a Saint, have we all forgotten him poki g pep in the eye? Encouraging hazard to play dead to run the clock down? Hanging that physio out to dry?
I like Jose, but I don't want him anywhere near our club.

The book

A lot of what has come after is judged rightly or wrongly from book.

Doing it was vanity and has brought nothing positive to the club and it has weakened the man himself. He's meant to have this standing as a great gentleman in the game, gentleman don't go talking about what's behind the curtain.

The only person that I can see has benefited from it is Balague.

First point fair, although he has some influence surely?

Second point, I think this is the best squad we’ve ever had, ever, and he should be getting better performances from them.

Voted for dropping Moura for Champions League final but think the poll would have looked very different if Son at LB in FA Cup semi final had been included. Would have certainly got my vote.

Not sure it can be the best he's had without dembele, no decent RB, Tobys legs gone.

He's got Ndombele and Lo Celso, Aurier and Fyoth have both put in top level performances at RB, KWP has had great games for us, Toby shouldn't be playing anyway as Sanchez is fitter/faster/stronger and look at his performances in his first season.

The tools are there, they are just being used badly.

Back