• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Poll: Best Performance under Pochettino

Vote for your best performance under Pochettino

• 5-3 win vs Chelsea (H), January 2015 (Jose never the same again?)

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • 2-1 win vs Arsenal (H), February 2015 (Harry as NLD king is born)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2-0 win vs Emirates Marketing Project (H), October 2016 (Pep taught first PL as famed press overuns Tiki-Taka)

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • 2-0 win vs Arsenal (H), April 2017 (totally dominant win in last NLD at old WHL )

• 3-1 Win vs Real Madrid (H), November 2017 (dominating Euopean champions with "Ole" football)

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • 3-1 win vs Chelsea (A), April 2018 (simply historic)

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • 6-2 win vs Everton (A), December 2018 (attack, attack, attack)

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • 3-0 win vs Dortmund (H), February 2019 (tactical masterclass blows away top German side)

• 4-3 loss vs City (A), April 2019 (defensive shambles, but heart, guts and VAR! Through to CL Semi!)

• 3-2 win vs Ajax (A), May 2019 (simply lost for words..and so was Poch!)

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

glorygloryeze

Ian Walker
Best performances under Pochettino:

It's another hiatus for International Football, grrrr. A fair few of us are as moody as our MoPo given our start to the season (plus maybe the last 10 months all told).

So, i thought it might be nice to have a look back and choose a (relatively random) top 10 performances under him for the sake of reminisce and maybe even help to cheer us up.

Don't worry, for balance i'll have a top 10 worse moments up in a bit too lol.

Anyway, vote now. Also state any honourable mentions not listed.

Other honourable mentions:

- 4-1 win vs Emirates Marketing Project (H), September 2015 (City smashed by hungry high press)
- 2-1 win vs Emirates Marketing Project (A), February 2016 (late Eriksen winner puts us 2nd in title race)
- 2-0 win vs Chelsea (H), January 2017 (Chelsea's record wiining streak ended by Dele double)
- 3-1 win vs Dortmund (H), September 2017 (fine-tuned tactics of hittting a pressing team on the break..)
- 4-1 WIN VS Liverpool (H), October 2017 (tactically outwitting Klopp's high press with sharp attacking moves on the break)
- 2-1 win vs Dortmund (A), November 2017 (tactically proficient away win gets poch to CL knockouts for first time)
- 4-0 win vs Everton (H), January 2018 (tactically ground down a decent but big Sam-led side..great move for final goal by Eriksen)
- 2-0 win vs Man utd (H), January 2018 (scoring after 11 seconds and totally dominating)
- 1-0 win vs Inter (H), November 2018 (late win in game of tactical chess, keeps CL knockout qualification alive)
- 1-1 draw vs Barcelona (A), December 2018 (the great group stage escape is complete!)

2-0 v Chelsea 04/01/17 is one of the best team performances I've seen from any team, ever.

Completely nullified them on the pitch, Poch tactically outclassed them and Dele Alli done what Dele Alli is meant to do.

4-1 v Liverpool 22/10/17. They came with the hype and got blown away. Counter attacking football at it's best.

1-1 v Juventus 13/02/18. Name a better midfield performance than the one Dembele put in that game. There was a two week period around that game where he was unplayable.

You've also missed the 2-0 v City 02/10/16. Also one of the best team performance I've seen. Pep came any got schooled. Wanyama took on the entire City midfield by himself and won.

The 5-3 Chelsea win was immense but it simply has to be the Ajax win because of Lucas's totally outrageous winner right at the death that took us into the - cue drumroll and trumpets - the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL.

Our 2-0 win against City (where Lamela missed a pen to make it 3-0) was immense. We just pegged them back and pressured them off the pitch, and attacked beautifully with passion and style. The ultimate Spurs performance for me. I'll remember that match for a long time. Should at least be an honorable mention! :D

That Chelsea game was epic as well though, after a season of dire performances we pulled that out of the hat. Amazing stuff.

What's nice is that there are so many fabulous performances there. How about the 2-1 at the Lane where Kane scored that amazing shot from way to the left (from his pov) of the goal and ripped off his mask as he celebrated. Wow!

The 2-0 vs Chelsea in January 2017, that game was the catalyst for the best 5 months of consistent form I have seen in 30 years.

Our 2-0 win against City (where Lamela missed a pen to make it 3-0) was immense. We just pegged them back and pressured them off the pitch, and attacked beautifully with passion and style. The ultimate Spurs performance for me. I'll remember that match for a long time. Should at least be an honorable mention! :D

That Chelsea game was epic as well though, after a season of dire performances we pulled that out of the hat. Amazing stuff.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Is that the one son and lamela were squabbling over the pen?

Back