• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

In the last week I've seen Once upon a Time in Hollywood at the cinema and also re-watched Birdman and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, it's been bliss (football aside).

Joker is class......a real real dark effort

Its a brain mess as you half expect batman to turn up and save the day, but its not a superhero film which takes time to adjust to

We just watched ET with my 3 year old, she was engrossed for 90 minutes, was great to watch her

So glad they have never rebooted and made a sequel to that film, it's one of the greats

I saw Jojo Rabbit earlier as part of the BFI film festival - Taika Waititi's new film, a dark comedy/satire based on a young German boy during WWII and his imaginary friend... Adolf Hitler.

Was a lovely little film - quite moving in places and laugh out loud funny in others, I think it will get a good reception (and raise a few eyebrows) when out on general release.

Last edited:
I saw it tonight, thought it was pretty sensational. Thought the way it blended King of Comedy, Taxi Driver and Batman was really skillful, things can tip their hats to things without entering the realm of copying.

As said above, The Founder is excellent mostly because of Michael Keaton who is still underrated as an actor. His screen charisma definitely helps to make the film.

Back