• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

Imho we do everything we can to keep him and son, add Davies and Jan, maybe Hugo, hope Dele and dier recover and anyone else that wants to go can go.

Agree with this completely.

When you add the younger players and new signings: Winks, Foyth, Sanchez, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sessengon and possibly Moura - that's still a great squad.

I think players like Dele, Son, Dier and Lucas would actually improve by having more responsibility.

I'm suprised he ended up with and staying at Saudi Sportswashing Machine. When he was at Basel, there was a lot of noise about how he was going to be a great defender in a great side.
He seems to be a smart player and a good footballer
Knows where the goal is too
27 years old so prime age

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/10/...spur-boss-mauricio-pochettino-pushing-for-tw/

According to the Daily Star, Tottenham Hotspur boss Mauricio Pochettino is pushing to sign both Paulo Dybala and Youcef Atal in January.

Spurs have been in dire form so far this season, and their recent results have been particularly concerning.

Tottenham were beaten 7-2 by Bayern Munich in midweek and then failed to bounce back from that defeat, after losing 3-0 to Brighton & Hove Albion at the weekend.

Serious questions are now being asked of Tottenham’s squad, which has been together a long time.

And Pochettino is pushing for changes to be made, as he wants to add to the quality at Hotspur Way.

The signings of Dybala and Atal would go a long way to solving the problems in Tottenham’s squad.

Dybala is an elite level attacker, who would provide Spurs with more goalscoring threat and creativity.

Atal, meanwhile, has impressed at Nice and would surely fill in a right-back position which has been troublesome for Pochettino all year.

It is said that departures could happen at Spurs too, with Victor Wanyama, Eric Dier and Serge Aurier all ‘at risk’ of being sold, after their poor starts to the campaign.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/10/...spur-boss-mauricio-pochettino-pushing-for-tw/

According to the Daily Star, Tottenham Hotspur boss Mauricio Pochettino is pushing to sign both Paulo Dybala and Youcef Atal in January.

Spurs have been in dire form so far this season, and their recent results have been particularly concerning.

Tottenham were beaten 7-2 by Bayern Munich in midweek and then failed to bounce back from that defeat, after losing 3-0 to Brighton & Hove Albion at the weekend.

Serious questions are now being asked of Tottenham’s squad, which has been together a long time.

And Pochettino is pushing for changes to be made, as he wants to add to the quality at Hotspur Way.

The signings of Dybala and Atal would go a long way to solving the problems in Tottenham’s squad.

Dybala is an elite level attacker, who would provide Spurs with more goalscoring threat and creativity.

Atal, meanwhile, has impressed at Nice and would surely fill in a right-back position which has been troublesome for Pochettino all year.

It is said that departures could happen at Spurs too, with Victor Wanyama, Eric Dier and Serge Aurier all ‘at risk’ of being sold, after their poor starts to the campaign.

I for one am happy that most reports seem to be saying that we have a plan and will carry on with that plan.

I for one am happy that most reports seem to be saying that we have a plan and will carry on with that plan.

I find it hard to believe otherwise.

The last 2 years have been a monumental effort to get us over the hump and into a better place.

This summer we spent £60 + £70m on two players, unheard of. The second we were able we started capitalising on our newfound status/wealth/call it what you will.

We know the squad, we know what we need, especially considering the pause on transfers* I fully expect us to make moves with purpose from now...

*ever consider we didnt make transfer moves because we knew we were just about to move into a higher transfer bracket? Not much point spending £30m+ on a player when you know in a year you can get someone twice as good....

I find it hard to believe otherwise.

The last 2 years have been a monumental effort to get us over the hump and into a better place.

This summer we spent £60 + £70m on two players, unheard of. The second we were able we started capitalising on our newfound status/wealth/call it what you will.

We know the squad, we know what we need, especially considering the pause on transfers* I fully expect us to make moves with purpose from now...

*ever consider we didnt make transfer moves because we knew we were just about to move into a higher transfer bracket? Not much point spending £30m+ on a player when you know in a year you can get someone twice as good....

I really don't like judging players or transfers on cost.
Look at eriksen and lamela, £12m and £30m and not really comparable.
I understand what you're saying but it doesn't sit comfortably with me.

I really don't like judging players or transfers on cost.
Look at eriksen and lamela, £12m and £30m and not really comparable.
I understand what you're saying but it doesn't sit comfortably with me.

I dont disagree with that at all, Im all about smart buys not just expensive.

But - its undeniable - Grealish at £40m+ or Lo Celso/Ndombele/Dybala/Fernandes at £60-70m?

Its like when we made the CL and got in VDV, wouldnt have happened otherwise.

Having the money to spend does open up new markets.

Which isnt to say I believe we must only buy £60m+ players from now on, of course.

Rather - perhaps the intent was to go big when we could to boost the team?

The fee is the fee
We have some players that cost £5m who have been great
Some that cost £30m that have been ok
Some that cost £40m and can’t get in the team
Bargains IMO are always better though.

I dont disagree with that at all, Im all about smart buys not just expensive.

But - its undeniable - Grealish at £40m+ or Lo Celso/Ndombele/Dybala/Fernandes at £60-70m?

Its like when we made the CL and got in VDV, wouldnt have happened otherwise.

Having the money to spend does open up new markets.

Which isnt to say I believe we must only buy £60m+ players from now on, of course.

Rather - perhaps the intent was to go big when we could to boost the team?

There's some that would buy grealish at £40m than lo celso for a fiver just because they equate cost to quality and its good for ego.

I prefer to look at value and cost.

There's some that would buy grealish at £40m than lo celso for a fiver just because they equate cost to quality and its good for ego.

I prefer to look at value and cost.

I would think Ive made it clear I agree with you, and that I dont just equate value or quality to cost.

But that is besides the point I was making.

A year ago, two, Dybala, Fernandes, Lo Celso or NDombele were very simply not available to us (at the reputation they have today). Now they are because we can afford them.

THAT is my point.

Perhaps the club saw that on the horizon, and decided it wasnt sensible to buy just before that boon.

Interesting rumours re Atal. He was widely reported as being a target in the summer, to the point Viera the Nice manager had to give a public statement in the last days saying he would not be leaving.
Anyone know how his form has been since then? Looked very good from the usual highlights reels i watched back then...you do wonder if it was the board that wanted him and not Poch though...

I would think Ive made it clear I agree with you, and that I dont just equate value or quality to cost.

But that is besides the point I was making.

A year ago, two, Dybala, Fernandes, Lo Celso or NDombele were very simply not available to us (at the reputation they have today). Now they are because we can afford them.

THAT is my point.

Perhaps the club saw that on the horizon, and decided it wasnt sensible to buy just before that boon.

Sorry, I'm posting in several threads at once (and trying to work) at once so keeping things short, or trying to. Obviously led to a misunderstanding.
That was just a general reply explaining my thoughts and how they relate to the cost/value side.
It was in no way a critique of your post, which as you say is similar anyway.
We can and should be in for dybala and his level, they are worth the money, no doubt.

But the clamour for us just spend for the sake of it is nonsense. And then withe the likes of grealish and the wba striker a few years back can't remember his name, the more the price went up the more some fans wanted them. There's no value there.

Anyway, so much for keeping it short.

Still awaiting any rumours of us looking to bring in a dcm...

giphy.gif

We might want Dybala, but is he interested?

Speaking to Tuttosport, Dybala has claimed that he always wanted to stay and fight for his place at Juve, saying: "I have not experienced an easy summer. Obviously hearing your name linked with every team you don’t want to go to is not a nice thing, but this is football.

“Before the market started I had already done an interview in which I said I wanted to stay in Turin, then I never spoke again, not even at the Copa America.

“I think it’s more important to talk on the field, with facts. You never know how the market goes until the last day, but I wanted to stay here, I wanted to continue my career at Juventus.

“I think I can still give so much to this shirt and I’m very happy with what I showed against Inter.”

We might want Dybala, but is he interested?

Speaking to Tuttosport, Dybala has claimed that he always wanted to stay and fight for his place at Juve, saying: "I have not experienced an easy summer. Obviously hearing your name linked with every team you don’t want to go to is not a nice thing, but this is football.

“Before the market started I had already done an interview in which I said I wanted to stay in Turin, then I never spoke again, not even at the Copa America.

“I think it’s more important to talk on the field, with facts. You never know how the market goes until the last day, but I wanted to stay here, I wanted to continue my career at Juventus.

“I think I can still give so much to this shirt and I’m very happy with what I showed against Inter.”

That's what I would hope a player would say.

Tottenham Hotspur are interested in signing Turkish international midfielder Ozan Tufan after watching him in action for Fenerbahce recently, according to Fanatik.

It has been a miserable start to the season for Spurs and it feels like a brilliant era has come to an end with Christian Eriksen, Toby Alderweireld and Jan Vertonghen expected to follow Kyle Walker, Kieran Trippier and Mousa Dembele out of the door next summer.

But that does not mean Tottenham cannot rebuild and start again.

Tufan, at just 24, has his best years ahead of him and looks like the sort of rising star who could help Mauricio Pochettino put together a new, competitive Spurs team. With 45 Turkey caps to his name already, Tufan has been very highly rated for some time now.

He’s capable of playing both in defensive midfield and at right-back, meaning he could fill two positions of serious weakness in the Tottenham squad.

According to Fanatik, scouts from North London were in attendance as Fenerbahce were surprisingly beaten 1-0 at home by Super Lig rivals Antalyaspor on Saturday. Tufan still managed three shots and two tackles in a typically all-action display however.

Fanatik claimed that London rivals Crystal Palace offered £2.5 million for Tufan in the summer of 2018 and you can guarantee that he would cost a lot more than that these days.

Yeah - we need one in one out. The original point was sell January and buy in the summer. But bar wanyama we got rid of all the excess last window
Yes, but as you said. We have 26 senior players. You always seemed to advocate 22 being the right number. So by your old thoughts we could sell 4 in January without signing anyone.

For what it's worth I think you have come round to the right opinion now. PL squads need 25 senior players if you're to have any hope of challenging across multiple competitions.

Last edited:
Back