• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toxicity

nayenezgani

Jimmy Neighbour
I mean it's been four losses, but the toxicity has totally reared it's head around here. I just don't want to contribute any more to be honest.

I know many of you won't like the sentiment, but it's how I feel. It's alarming to me how quickly pockets of our fan base dominate the discourse once we hit a rocky patch.

How quickly things are forgotten. Modern society eh, very short memories.

Even more telling is that it's been years since GG was sick like this, we've been spoilt for success and strong results for a long time under Pochettino.

I hope he gets a chance to restore that feeling and rid us of most of the unrealistic toxic entitlement that's crept out of the shadows once more.

Mods feel free to delete, just needed to vent.

I mean it's been four losses, but the toxicity has totally reared it's head around here. I just don't want to contribute any more to be honest.

I know many of you won't like the sentiment, but it's how I feel. It's alarming to me how quickly pockets of our fan base dominate the discourse once we hit a rocky patch.

How quickly things are forgotten. Modern society eh, very short memories.

Even more telling is that it's been years since GG was sick like this, we've been spoilt for success and strong results for a long time under Pochettino.

I hope he gets a chance to restore that feeling and rid us of most of the unrealistic toxic entitlement that's crept out of the shadows once more.

Mods feel free to delete, just needed to vent.

I think you are being a little sensitive mate.

- The club is struggling right now (and not for 4 games, for 9+ months)
- A lot of the tone for negativity has come directly from the manager with his tough season, rebuild, unsettled squad, honestly all unwanted commentary.
- The fans and the media have so far been very kind to Poch with the players/transfers taking most of the heat for now

On GG itself? I don't think anyone has been particularly OTT, it seems a fair split between some who want to back Poch at whatever cost, and others who think this is just part of the cycle of modern football and we just need to be brave and pull the bandaid off earlier vs. later.

The old days of Harry toxic on the other hand ..

Think the debate has been fine. Different opinions but generally respectful of each others views.

Concerns that people have had for the last year haven't just raised there heads, it's just been easier to ignore them. Seems to me the biggest split it whether people view our run of form as from the start of this season or from 18 months ago.

I'm firmly on the "Poch has earned the right to try to sort this" side of things - but in general most of the debate on here is reasoned rather than toxic.
Wanting Poch out is premature, imo, but if you think GG is toxic, try twitter and some other boards.

I think it's a combination of reading lots of these platforms to be honest... GG certainly isn't totally reasoned.

Worryingly you have two types of spurs fans and there on extremes generally....

Hyper negative
Hyper positive

With very few in between

The problem is if you try to see the positives your seen as being a “happy clapper” and again if you see the negative side your accused of “dragging things down”. Neither element is actually positive for anything and causes friction within our own fan base...

It’s what I say regularly about the cult of Liverpool fans.... their are always 100% behind their team even when they do wrong (bite people, use racist names, fans kill people) and that rubs off on their belief as a club IMO

Spurs fans generally revel in thinking that it can only get worse.

It’s an odd view of life generally and the most positive I see spurs fans is in the pub before and after games as again they revel in drinking and drowning their sorrows

I wouldn't say it's toxic. I see a bunch of people concerned about the current situation with the club.

Threads about our next manager, disrespecting our current staff, ridiculing Poch's use of the English language, slamming the methods that have brought us so much progress?

I'm not talking tactics either, I'm talking Poch and his teams day-to-day methodology. Most people wouldn't have a damn clue what goes on.

It's a little bit toxic, like a sour lemon.

Threads about our next manager, disrespecting our current staff, ridiculing Poch's use of the English language, slamming the methods that have bought us so much progress?

I'm not talking tactics either, I'm talking Poch and his teams day-to-day methodology. Most people wouldn't have a damn clue what goes on.

Don't go bringing lemons into it!

Threads about our next manager, disrespecting our current staff, ridiculing Poch's use of the English language, slamming the methods that have bought us so much progress?

NOTSUREIF.jpg

Worryingly you have two types of spurs fans and there on extremes generally....

Hyper negative
Hyper positive

With very few in between

The problem is if you try to see the positives your seen as being a “happy clapper” and again if you see the negative side your accused of “dragging things down”. Neither element is actually positive for anything and causes friction within our own fan base...

It’s what I say regularly about the cult of Liverpool fans.... their are always 400% behind their team even when they do wrong (bite people, use racist names, fans kill people) and that rubs off on their belief as a club IMO

Spurs fans generally revel in thinking that it can only get worse.

It’s an odd view of life generally and the most positive I see spurs fans is in the pub before and after games as again they revel in drinking and drowning their sorrows

Honestly I feel that in the threads I've engaged in most people have been the 'in betweens'.

Shock horror, FORUM POLICE finds any debate about the good or (GHod forbid) bad of THFC toxic...

I wonder if he was here during the Harry days.

Grow. A. Pair.

Shock horror, FORUM POLICE finds any debate about the good or (GHod forbid) bad of THFC toxic...

I wonder if he was here during the Harry days.

Grow. A. Pair.

You start posting again fifty times a day just when we're battling a bit.. You call it debate in order to excuse you from doing what you do best, sewing seeds of angst, division and agitation.

Back