• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Me too, seems that kind of (overall) negative manager that would more likely thrive at a club like Chelsea than ours....he is a winner though..

Me too, seems that kind of (overall) negative manager that would more likely thrive at a club like Chelsea than ours....he is a winner though..

Doesnt speak English. Known for a slow pace style of game. Safety first... And Im always a bit worried about players and managers moving in from Italy, very hit and miss...

That said, supposedly versatile in his set up, players develop under him - and as said he is a winner...

Im not really sold, but its hard to argue with his CV

Doesnt speak English. Known for a slow pace style of game. Safety first... And Im always a bit worried about players and managers moving in from Italy, very hit and miss...

That said, supposedly versatile in his set up, players develop under him - and as said he is a winner...

Im not really sold, but its hard to argue with his CV

Apparently has been learning English for quite a few months now as he wants the option of working in the PL.
I also read that he'd want a job at the start of a season (clean start i guess), but then Klopp said the same tbf...

Apparently has been learning English for quite a few months now as he wants the option of working in the PL.
I also read that he'd want a job at the start of a season (clean start i guess), but then Klopp said the same tbf...

Until we hear him theres no telling if he has a decent handle on it.

I worked with an Italian guy for a few years, could barely make out a word he said his accent was so strong :D;)

Man United ‘greatly fascinates’ manager – Would need to approach him in ‘next few weeks’
By Tom Coast -

8th October 2019

With both Manchester United and Tottenham in turmoil, the manager rumour mills are in full force, and there’s one name that keeps popping up: Max Allegri.

It makes sense, since he’s probably the biggest name on the free agent market not called José Mourinho, and since the Old Trafford club have already gone through *that* experience, he’s the likeliest candidate to take over if the Glazers and Ed Woodward decided to pull the plug on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

We’ve covered it from the Spurs angle, as Il Tempo claimed he was ‘in pole’ to replace Pochettino in London, yet Gazzetta dello Sport seem to suggest it’s Manchester United that would intrigue him more should that prospect become available.

They explain Old Trafford is a destination that ‘greatly fascinates him’, but don’t go into much more detail.

As for whether he would come out of his sabbatical to take over a team mid-season, Corriere dello Sport said that would not be happening last week, but Gazzetta believe he might be swayed.

They explain those who know him well don’t think he can ’stay on his sofa without working for that many months’, even if he is currently waiting for the first snow so he can go ski (per his own quotes).

That means that if Manchester United or Paris Saint-Germain (who are also reportedly interested, but aren’t anywhere near in as precarious of a position as the Premier League side) want Allegri, they will have to make a move in the ‘next few weeks’ because the idea of him taking over a team in December or after is ‘highly improbable’.

The clock is ticking…

Mourinho would be a Boris Johnson appointment. Plausible rogue with neon-lit baggage who gives the appearance of intellect when interviewed by sycophants. Only given jobs by desperate short-termists.
if you mean mourinho can't change, what makes you think poch can and step up to managing real football stars in their prime? mourinho has done everything in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I was completely against Mourinho as recently as Wednesday, then had a discussion based on a couple of in depth articles about his tactics, in all honestly if you take certain factors out of the equation the football he plays is not as bad as I believed, Man U their squad is crap, Chelsea the players downed tools his last season there which explains some.

The other point was this, is building long term even a thing in football anymore, the game is going in 3/4 year cycles as it is, I’m still not totally convinced but I have gone from absolutely no way the bloke is toxic to now being 50/50 in a matter of days.
I am halfway there, a lot on here convincing me that he's football isn't that bad

Dybala offers a little perspective on Allegri

Dybala also talked up Sarri in comparison to his predecessor Massimiliano Allegri, praising his attack-minded tactical outlook.

“They are different in their way of playing and you can already see that,” he said.

“With Allegri we have done so many beautiful things, but I think Sarri is a little more offensive and you can already see that he plays more [offensively] than Allegri’s vision [of the game].

“To prove it [can be successful], we have to wait for what will happen. With Sarri it is so offensive, so it’s easier for us attackers.”

if you mean mourinho can't change, what makes you think poch can and step up to managing real football stars in their prime? mourinho has done everything in my opinion.

I can't believe there are people out there who are thinking Mourinho was a bad manager. He's won everything out there in club football and will have won more than Poch can ever dream of.

The man's a winner, and we havent had one of those since.....Juande Ramos.

Whilst he might have not been a success at United doesn't mean he wouldn't be one at ours. At least he's a natural born winner as opposed to our natural born what.... Semi/Finalist?

I can't believe there are people out there who are thinking Mourinho was a bad manager. He's won everything out there in club football and will have won more than Poch can ever dream of.

The man's a winner, and we havent had one of those since.....Juande Ramos.

Whilst he might have not been a success at United doesn't mean he wouldn't be one at ours. At least he's a natural born winner as opposed to our natural born what.... Semi/Finalist?

In May 2016, Mourinho signed a three-year deal as manager of Manchester United. In his first season in charge the club won the Community Shield, the League Cup and the UEFA Europa League. The Red Devils finished second behind their city rivals in 2017/18 and lost the FA Cup final to Mourinho's former club, Chelsea.

Not too shabby?

Last edited:
Back