• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT. Spurs-Hove Albion**

Look at Moura today, a player that he has shat on. Came on an gave more than others when really he could be the first downing tools. If that don't make the manager reconsider the horses he's backed then nothing will.
If Moura was some one Poch "had shat on" he wouldn't have signed a new contract in the summer.

Still shocked to see how bad our defending was for Brighton’s goals :oops:

Lamela just watching Gross whip in a cross...

618F5306-563E-469A-97E6-6BB9AE1A9EFA.jpeg

Then despite us having 3 defenders marking 2 attackers none of our players have tracked their runners just in case Lloris made a mistake...

EC693F11-3C11-4F50-83A6-44425780B10B.jpeg

6’7” Dan Burn then whips in a cross between Lamela and Sissoko...

A135DCB6-FF4C-448B-B7AB-3EA9682372E3.jpeg

Which 5’7” Connolly gets on the end of despite Vertonghen plus Davies in his zone and once again the Brighton player is first to react to our goalie’s fumble...

89C5F704-952F-4673-A8B6-8B22C6FABB6C.jpeg

Then Alderweireld makes Connolly look like Gnabry as he gets turns inside out by the youngster...

872566A5-CF4B-46DF-A25B-EB1A6DB30145.jpeg

I completely agree Steve, although in VERY slight mitigation I would note that (1) as Connolly shot, Gazzaniga saved it and pushed it away but it hit his own flailing legs and went back into the danger zone - Davies reacts well and gets his studs to Connolly's second shot... which deflects it past Gazzaniga! Twice in a second we were spannered by our own bad luck. And (2) perhaps and that is a HUGE PERHAPS Toby was thinking "I'll get Connolly/Gnabry to cut inside as then they will run straight into the centre back i.e. when the right back gets a player to turn inside, I am always right there, waiting to pounce and block and I do it every game"!! Except of course, Jan was a bit further away and is the left sided CB rather than right sided.

Of course this is partly in humour and I am not defending our defending, our defence was indefensible, so don't bother retorting guys!

I completely agree Steve, although in VERY slight mitigation I would note that (1) as Connolly shot, Gazzaniga saved it and pushed it away but it hit his own flailing legs and went back into the danger zone - Davies reacts well and gets his studs to Connolly's second shot... which deflects it past Gazzaniga! Twice in a second we were spannered by our own bad luck. And (2) perhaps and that is a HUGE PERHAPS Toby was thinking "I'll get Connolly/Gnabry to cut inside as then they will run straight into the centre back i.e. when the right back gets a player to turn inside, I am always right there, waiting to pounce and block and I do it every game"!! Except of course, Jan was a bit further away and is the left sided CB rather than right sided.

Of course this is partly in humour and I am not defending our defending, our defence was indefensible, so don't bother retorting guys!

I loved the fact we did what the press now call a city... we got desperate so started crossing at big defenders

All I’ve heard from podcasts after this weekends football is how the6 know city are playing bad as they just cross the ball like a normal team... that’s a HUGE feature for us too. We just repeat the same attack

I loved the fact we did what the press now call a city... we got desperate so started crossing at big defenders

All I’ve heard from podcasts after this weekends football is how the6 know city are playing bad as they just cross the ball like a normal team... that’s a HUGE feature for us too. We just repeat the same attack
Agreed, you don't beat Dunk and his giant friend, by crossing balls high in the sky... you keep it down and play intricate 1-2s.
Any big lump of a defender prefers fighting Kane for headers, rather than trying to keep up with Bernardo Silva and Sterling and Aguero zipping around their ankles

i'd say bad luck for first two goals too.

last one was sweetly struck. two things here. (1) Connolly's swiftness - we have none of that across the pitch, why won't poch fix it, we have moura. (2) Aldewereld's age is showing - hope he finds a club that pays us based on his reputation.

and did we have the fastest vs. the slowest on the pitch there? or more broadly the epl has gone towards agile and speedy tiny wingers and wing backs and cynical fouling - poch needs to respond to both while insisting on his system. I don't think the players enjoy being outplayed week in week out.

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

i'd say bad luck for first two goals too.

last one was sweetly struck. two things here. (1) Connolly's swiftness - we have none of that across the pitch, why won't poch fix it, we have moura. (2) Aldewereld's age is showing - hope he finds a club that pays us based on his reputation.

and did we have the fastest vs. the slowest on the pitch there? or more broadly the epl has gone towards agile and speedy tiny wingers and wing backs and cynical fouling - poch needs to respond to both while insisting on his system. I don't think the players enjoy being outplayed week in week out.

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Toby is going on a free
We ain’t getting a fee for him

I can't believe how sad and empty some people's lives are after reading the comments on here, we've lost some games, it's not the end of the world you, me, my dogs aren't responsible, were no worse persons than we were before these games. Tottenham results don't change the people we are, winning does make me any smarter, healthier or better looking so losing wont make any difference. It's just a game, live with it and you can poke that hackneyed Shankly quote up your arse.

Still shocked to see how bad our defending was for Brighton’s goals :oops:

Lamela just watching Gross whip in a cross...

View attachment 7383

Then despite us having 3 defenders marking 2 attackers none of our players have tracked their runners just in case Lloris made a mistake...

View attachment 7384

6’7” Dan Burn then whips in a cross between Lamela and Sissoko...

View attachment 7385

Which 5’7” Connolly gets on the end of despite Vertonghen plus Davies in his zone and once again the Brighton player is first to react to our goalie’s fumble...

View attachment 7386

Then Alderweireld makes Connolly look like Gnabry as he gets turns inside out by the youngster...

View attachment 7387
Absolutely pathetic from Lamela for goals 1 and 2 I think. Sissoko also no use on that second goal, at least make the player beat you down the line to get a cross in.

For the third goal what on earth is Gazzaniga doing with his positioning? He was standing close to the near post so that Alderweireld was directly between him and Connolly instead of moving across towards the centre of the goal. It was practically impossible to score with a near post shot and had the keeper positioned himself properly then he would've turned that shot around the post.

Absolutely pathetic from Lamela for goals 1 and 2 I think. Sissoko also no use on that second goal, at least make the player beat you down the line to get a cross in.

For the third goal what on earth is Gazzaniga doing with his positioning? He was standing close to the near post so that Alderweireld was directly between him and Connolly instead of moving across towards the centre of the goal. It was practically impossible to score with a near post shot and had the keeper positioned himself properly then he would've turned that shot around the post.

Third goal was a masterclass on how not to defend.
Gazza has never filled me with confidence tbh.

Feeling bitter and annoyed with this defeat ! This is easily one of our most embarassing defeat in the league ! Never thought we would get humiliated by Brighton ! This is our first defeat to Brighton since 1983 ! Lloris has to take the large part of the blame for his comedy of error which gifted them the first goal so early, injuring himself in the process. We still had enough time to come back but for some reason we couldn't lift the game. It seems like the players couldn't respond to Pochettino. This coming so soon after the humiliation to Bayern, there will be more pressure on Pochettino after this.

Back