• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I think we lack quality in depth, doesn't allow us to field strong players for the UCL and EPL with rotation to keep things fresh. We still don't invest enough in the squad I feel.

But my other question is - does he not trust in sanchez and foyth ? why not put them in and have a run of games to build that partnership up ? I also question his not pushing hard for a world class RB and instead being 'brave' in his choices, as kwp and serge have been underwhelming in different ways, davies too at lb

I think we're gearing towards

Lloris
New RB Sanchez New CB? Sessegnon
Winks
Ndombele Lo Celso
Alli Kane Son
Which is a 433 of sorts though personally i have huge doubts over Winks' ability to anchor the midfield so would like to see a new DM bought in

Or
.............Winks........NDombele
.....................Alli
...Lo Celso.......................Son
....................Kane

With Dier, Skipp, Wanyama, Sessegnon, Moura etc all around as well there are many options to play variations on the theme...

Lo Celso is a Eriksen replacement in my eyes fully expecting him not to be here, and I said originally Ndombele was needed, he is brilliant signing and I’m happy with Sessegnon, but my point was the £100m on Lo Celso and what would have been Dybala should have been spent elsewhere.

Lo Celso isn't an Eriksen type player and will most likely play in a pivot with Ndombele with a player anchoring behind them and three attackers in front

Plus the fact it was for Kane, everyone and their dog knows it takes Kane 3 or 4 games to get up to speed after a injury, surely nobody expected a performance for Kane on the day, he should have been on the bench.
You could argue that he still hasn't gotten up to speed. The acrobatic kerb-crawling goal notwithstanding.

Lloris
Winks
Ndombele Lo Celso
Alli Kane Son
Which is a 433 of sorts though personally i have huge doubts over Winks' ability to anchor the midfield so would like to see a new DM bought in

Well if that’s the case all I can say is I hope New CB? is a damn good player....

We would need to play with one first!

Pochs solution to date has been a diamond (until today at least)

I really saw positive in him switching to 4231, Dier fit - back to double pivot - well done Poch.

And then the players figured fudge it they may as well go off to their Intl duty early.
I know you are a fan but Dier is no longer the answer. He is too slow so gets played through easily which then causes him to dive in recklessly to win back the ball. And even when he has the ball he seems to give it away far too easily. Today was just another example of how far he has fallen. Completely ineffective imho. Mind you I don't really have any alternatives other than Skipp or play Toby in there and put Sanchez at the back alongside Verts.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Alli leave to finance incomings.

Lloris
Winks
Ndombele Lo Celso
Alli Kane Son

d I

I think we lack quality in depth, doesn't allow us to field strong players for the UCL and EPL with rotation to keep things fresh. We still don't invest enough in the squad I feel.

But my other question is - does he not trust in sanchez and foyth ? why not put them in and have a run of games to build that partnership up ? I also question his not pushing hard for a world class RB and instead being 'brave' in his choices, as kwp and serge have been underwhelming in different ways, davies too at lb

Benches this season (except vs City)

• Wanyama
  • 14Nkoudou
  • 15Dier
  • 22Gazzaniga
  • 23Eriksen
  • 24Aurier
  • 29Skipp

• 5Vertonghen
  • 15Dier
  • 18Lo Celso
  • 22Gazzaniga
  • 23Eriksen
  • 29Skipp
  • 33Davies

• 18Lo Celso
  • 20Alli
  • 22Gazzaniga
  • 24Aurier
  • 27Lucas Moura
  • 29Skipp
  • 33Davies
  • 12Wanyama
  • 15Dier
  • 20Alli
  • 22Gazzaniga
  • 27Lucas Moura
  • 28Ndombele
  • 33Davies
  • 7Son Heung-Min
  • 11Lamela
  • 12Wanyama
  • 15Dier
  • 16Walker-Peters
  • 17Sissoko
  • 22Gazzaniga
  • 12Wanyama
  • 15Dier
  • 23Eriksen
  • 27Lucas Moura
  • 29Skipp
  • 33Davies
  • 41Whiteman
  • 1Lloris
  • 5Vertonghen
  • 7Son Heung-Min
  • 11Lamela
  • 17Sissoko
  • 21Foyth
  • 23Eriksen
  • 11Lamela
  • 12Wanyama
  • 15Dier
  • 20Alli
  • 22Gazzaniga
  • 27Lucas Moura
  • 33Davies
  • 6D Sánchez
  • 11Lamela
  • 15Dier
  • 22Gazzaniga
  • 23Eriksen
  • 27Lucas Moura
  • 33Davies
  • 6D Sánchez
  • 8Winks
  • 20Alli
  • 21Foyth
  • 22Gazzaniga
  • 27Lucas Moura
  • 29Skipp
While I completely agree there are buys required, I dont agree we lack depth, or options to change things

Lo Celso isn't an Eriksen type player and will most likely play in a pivot with Ndombele with a player anchoring behind them and three attackers in front

We have never shown any hint of playing 433 though, and why spend that money on Dybala to stick him out wide? He is much more effective as a striker or a #10, if the intention was to play 433 there is no reason we could not be already and throughout pre season, the rest of the squad would need to have been drilled in it.

If our intentions were to change and a couple of injuries means a need to change formation that is awful planning.

I know you are a fan but Dier is no longer the answer. He is too slow so gets played through easily which then causes him to dive in recklessly to win back the ball. And even when he has the ball he seems to give it away far too easily. Today was just another example of how far he has fallen. Completely ineffective imho. Mind you I don't really have any alternatives other than Skipp or play Toby in there and put Sanchez at the back alongside Verts.

I am a fan, but Im not going to try and convince anyone he played well today.

My point was more - Poch taking steps to get us back again. THAT was positive. Even if it seems it was too late to work.

Is it? Our form in the league is ridiculously poor and if it continues we will be in a relegation battle - that’s a fact. And right now where are the signs things are about to turn for the better? This was worse than Bayern! You might want to believe we are magically going to snap out of this form and go on some sort of run, and maybe we will. But there is no evidence to suggest this and what the poster said certainly isn’t gonads mate....

We have never shown any hint of playing 433 though, and why spend that money on Dybala to stick him out wide? He is much more effective as a striker or a #10, if the intention was to play 433 there is no reason we could not be already and throughout pre season, the rest of the squad would need to have drilled in it.

If our intentions were to change and a couple of injuries means a need to change formation that is awful planning.

We've been playing 4 defenders with 3 deeper midfielders supporting 3 attackers pretty much all season - that's more than a hint if you ask me.

Dybala would have been an off the cuff too good to turn down type transfer imo and the interest we had shouldn't really be held up as indicative of our tactical plans - him coming in would likely have meant a reshuffle of ideas

What’s the alternative give him the season when he has lost the dressing room and be in a relegation fight, and then rebuilt the squad in the summer, we have been trying to rebuild the squad for two years what indicators are there that he will pull it off next summer.

Because next summer the contracts are up for a lot of the players we want to move. They will no longer be able to hang around. That has been the main issue - I don’t blame Levy for it, I don’t blame Poch, it’s just circumstance. This side is coming to the end of the cycle, Poch has wanted to refresh for a good while but the players have both wanted to explore moves and haven’t been able to secure moves better than Spurs.

The rebuild is happening next summer regardless of who the Manager is. What I’m saying is it’s pointless to bring someone else in to ‘get these players back onside’ when a chunk of the core of this squad is going anyway. We have always operated on the principle of if we have space, we make a move. For a long time we haven’t had the space, but that is coming.

I actually hate him. His negativity about the cups, the whole doing us a favour by hanging around despite telling everyone he wants to leave.

He is about as astute as Redknapp but seems to get away with it because he has a cool foreign accent.

If he had anything about him he would do the decent thing and resign.

I actually hate him. His negativity about the cups, the whole doing us a favour by hanging around despite telling everyone he wants to leave.

He is about as astute as Redknapp but seems to get away with it because he has a cool foreign accent.

If he had anything about him he would do the decent thing and resign.
Incidentally clearly our two best managers since the PL started.

Back