• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT. Spurs-Hove Albion**

I do hope him and the board have a shortlist already, and have had one for a while.

Given our success in the summer in replacing Trippier, I’m not convinced that the board shortlist will be up to much. Will probably instead include a highly rated cleaner, and a gardener who is out of favour at one of the other high profile CL teams.

I posted during the match, but I wanted to reiterate.

Have a look at how Brighton played.

They were more like proper Spurs than we have been in I dont know how long.

Composed, compact, aggressive, attacking... It was like watching a Poch side.

And really brought home to me just how badly we have been playing, and for how long.

I posted during the match, but I wanted to reiterate.

Have a look at how Brighton played.

They were more like proper Spurs than we have been in I dont know how long.

Composed, compact, aggressive, attacking... It was like watching a Poch side.

And really bought home to me just how badly we have been playing, and for how long.
Agree, and I know everyone will be focusing on how bad we were and rightly so. But have to say, Brighton looked really good regardless. Even if we was on form they would have given us a decent test....

I am very happy Poch went 4231(ish), and for a fair part of the half I thought it was a much much better shape for us than the diamond has ever been. Broadly happier than I was on Tuesday in the first half, in so much as we werent run into the ground, the shape allowed us bodies always around the ball and a compactness.
I thought it was terrible for the entire first half. We were second best for 45 minutes. No defensive shape and no attacking threat at all. That was 3 times worse than any of our performances with the diamond midfield.

Agree, and I know everyone will be focusing on how bad we were and rightly so. But have to say, Brighton looked really good regardless. Even if we was on form they would have given us a decent test....

If we were up to pace I expect we would have beaten them. Teams that want to play us, generally (at least in seasons past) we beat.

That said, I really liked how they approached the game and how they played throughout. Especially pleased for them how composed they were considering what a work in progress they are. Very promising for them and Brighton fans.

And I have to hold my hands up, sacking Hughton and getting Potter was them relegated as far as I was concerned - had it down as an outright disaster.

I do hope him and the board have a shortlist already, and have had one for a while.
The more I think about it the more I’m not convinced they will do anything about Poch regardless for now. 30m is a lot to pay off a manager, and we all know what Levy’s like. Also there are clearly issues with players wanting to leave. The club could well take the opinion that we have a brighter future if we get rid of the problem players and keep Poch to build a new team. There certainly isn’t any reason to rush into sacking Poch this season, it won’t kill the club if we don’t get CL for one season - we are way ahead of targets in terms of growing the club. And there is no guarantees whoever takes over will drastically change our fortunes with the same players who will still want out. Of course if our form continues to be so bad we are genuinely getting concerned about relegation (as ridiculous as that sounds the way we are looking it’s not beyond the realms of possibility) then drastic action will have to be taken. But I’m not convinced Levy will bite the bullet just yet....

I thought it was terrible for the entire first half. We were second best for 45 minutes. No defensive shape and no attacking threat at all. That was 3 times worse than any of our performances with the diamond midfield.

On Tuesday we ran ourselves into the ground and were simultaneously wide open all over the pitch.

I know you seem to think there was a meaningful press/tactic going on, but I really didnt see that.

Today? Despite the half assed pace of our players, there were no such enormous gaps to exploit.

I said earlier in the thread, the difference between the two games was this (for me)

Tuesday - Poch undid the players with bad choices. They gave it their best but were doomed to fail.
Today - Poch set them up well, looks to have learned his lessons - and the players just didnt play for him.

Tuesdays effort and todays set up and we win this game comfortably IMHO.

Tuesdays set up and Todays effort, on Tuesday, and BM would have been in double figures...

...and we all know what Levy’s like.....

Yes, we do. Which is why it puzzles me everyone just agrees theres a £32m pay out on the table.

That sound like Levy to you? Compared to:

- Agreed break clauses should Poch get fired (IE x amount with 2 years left, y amount with 3 years left...)
- Agreement to honour the contract all the time he is out of work (believe Chelsea had this with Ancelotti (I think) and were basically liable for his wages up until he got a new job).

You really think Levy went "Yep, if you get sacked the entire contract is paid in full!". Particularly when negotiations were with Poch direct and not even an agent!

I have booked flights and hotel for going over to watch the games vs olympiacos and Bournemouth, but I think I'll cancel. I'm not spending £1000 to watch this brick!

I think this is a really $hitty attitude, I'm glad the tickets will go to a more deserving fan who'll stick it out through these rather testing times.

“The club have let Mauricio down..”

I really like Jeans but that is just untrue.
I think it is very true. He wanted certain players out, the chairman has to find a way to make that happen via lower transfer fees or perhaps giving the player a pay off.

What's deluded? The guy took Tottenham Hotspur to the effing Champions League Final (something I never imagined in a billion years I'd get to see) and was rightly lauded as our best manager since Bill Nic. Now, he loses a few games (including a really bad defeat to Bayern, granted) at the beginning of the season, and fans and media are calling for his head? If anyone's deluded, those people are; not Poch.

Deluded to think that after scraping a win after one of his masterful clusterfudge signings had almost cost us another three points people had considered him the best.

And in regards to people "calling for his head" as I guess you've put me in that boat, my thoughts and a few others on here haven't been a kneejerk from a couple of bad results, CL results (rather than performances) aside we've been quite poor for some time so today and the Bayern game haven't come as a surprise.

Back