• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Does anyone suffer from mental illness on here?

I was only pulling your leg, but seriously my radar for sussing out whether a girl is interested or not these days is nowhere near as reliable as it used to be...! From what you say though, it does sound as if it's not just you.

Yeah, I know how that is. Thing is, I haven't really experienced girls (that I've been attracted to) being attracted to me for quite some time, so it's kind of unfamiliar territory, yet I seem to recognize all the signs from back in the day, and I would be quite surprised if there really isn't anything at all there (and I think this is the reason why I'm kind of going in circles over it as well, it's like my reptile brain/dingdong just wants me to grab this potential opportunity and run with it). It could be that she just thinks I'm funny to be around though, and that there's no physical attraction or whatever, but ... there seems to be something in the air.

I'm not really a guy for a fling or cheating and keeping it a secret though (although it's crossed my mind briefly), but I just couldn't do it, I'd break up in tears and admit it all if something were to happen (I actually kissed a colleague at a party a few years ago, and just couldn't keep shut, had to tell the missus as soon as I woke up the next day, hah). I kind of want to just talk to the missus about it, she's a very reasonable person and we've actually discussed this stuff before (the likelihood of falling in love with other people, and how it could help to be open about it), but at the same time, I just want to avoid making a big thing out of something that could hopefully just go away at some point soon (cue a Seinfeld moment).

Sorry, I'm just ranting into the void. Feels good to get it out. Being human is way too often so stupidly complicated for so many bizarrely silly reasons. Who'd think you'd have teenage issues still at 35.

Yeah, I know how that is. Thing is, I haven't really experienced girls (that I've been attracted to) being attracted to me for quite some time, so it's kind of unfamiliar territory, yet I seem to recognize all the signs from back in the day, and I would be quite surprised if there really isn't anything at all there (and I think this is the reason why I'm kind of going in circles over it as well, it's like my reptile brain/dingdong just wants me to grab this potential opportunity and run with it). It could be that she just thinks I'm funny to be around though, and that there's no physical attraction or whatever, but ... there seems to be something in the air.

I'm not really a guy for a fling or cheating and keeping it a secret though (although it's crossed my mind briefly), but I just couldn't do it, I'd break up in tears and admit it all if something were to happen (I actually kissed a colleague at a party a few years ago, and just couldn't keep shut, had to tell the missus as soon as I woke up the next day, hah). I kind of want to just talk to the missus about it, she's a very reasonable person and we've actually discussed this stuff before (the likelihood of falling in love with other people, and how it could help to be open about it), but at the same time, I just want to avoid making a big thing out of something that could hopefully just go away at some point soon (cue a Seinfeld moment).

Sorry, I'm just ranting into the void. Feels good to get it out. Being human is way too often so stupidly complicated for so many bizarrely silly reasons. Who'd think you'd have teenage issues still at 35.

The 11th commandment was " never brick on your own doorstep" ie. never screw someone you work with.

People want what they can't have. Attraction is heightened. Give in to this chick and she'll back away. Do the right thing, and she'll want you more. Face it you can't win :)

People want what they can't have. Attraction is heightened. Give in to this chick and she'll back away. Do the right thing, and she'll want you more. Face it you can't win :)

Haha, I know. Its stupid, but this is how it works. I know that if we were to say date over a period of time, I'm pretty sure it would go south sooner rather than later.

Great work from Mabbutt as always, looks rather more fun than the council run day care centres in my neck of the woods.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...porting-memories-session-for-local-residents/
The programme, which is run in partnership with The Sporting Memories Foundation - a national charity that helps tackle dementia, depression and loneliness - uses sport themed activities and games to help people living with dementia recall memories and connect with their past.

https://amp.theguardian.com/society...n-spur-reconnections-for-people-with-dementia
“My parents were both diagnosed with dementia,” Mabbutt said later. “The club does so much work with youngsters but people are getting older and it’s our responsibility to help them too.

“I know from my personal experience how important it is to keep the brains alert of those living with dementia,” he said. “Sport is so important to so many people and can trigger all sorts of memories. It can bring the generations together too.”

I am not posting a joke thread,

The wife has demanded I get tested for Aspergers.

Yes, I got diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety about 18 months ago, was in a very bad way. But have had therapy, on medication, CBT stuff and found a good support network of friends. Its always going to be with me, but at least I understand what the issue is now, and can see the warning signs.
Go to see your GP (if you haven't already) and talk to them, I found mine very understanding and helpful

Yes, I got diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety about 18 months ago, was in a very bad way. But have had therapy, on medication, CBT stuff and found a good support network of friends. Its always going to be with me, but at least I understand what the issue is now, and can see the warning signs.
Go to see your GP (if you haven't already) and talk to them, I found mine very understanding and helpful
Glad you have powered through the past 18 months.
Suicide depression and anxiety started 3.5 years ago for me - it is a new, and unwelcome, friend.
Finding the rightight life pace and support network takes alot of skill and effort at a time when you might not have the capacity. I consider it one of my biggest achievements.
Cutting out some of the negative triggers, including people, was pretty tough. But I now find it easy to cut them out and know what I want and need to be surrounded by.

And now I'm in a really happy place. Life is good, ready to make it even better.

Glad you have powered through the past 18 months.
Suicide depression and anxiety started 3.5 years ago for me - it is a new, and unwelcome, friend.
Finding the rightight life pace and support network takes alot of skill and effort at a time when you might not have the capacity. I consider it one of my biggest achievements.
Cutting out some of the negative triggers, including people, was pretty tough. But I now find it easy to cut them out and know what I want and need to be surrounded by.

And now I'm in a really happy place. Life is good, ready to make it even better.

Good to hear you are in a happy place - its really hard to explain how dark depression can make you feel, and how much effort it can take to ask for help. As I said its been a tough 18 months, and still have dark days, but I can cope with them better now and the medication makes me feel less exhausted when dealing with huge mood swings.
Must admit, it was music and meeting like minded people at gigs that really helped, suddenly found people who understood and wanted to listen and help - totally understand about cutting out negative triggers, its difficult but its the best thing to do

Im always about if you need a chat - I wrote about my experience for a blog page that links into the Facebook community I run, have a read - https://amurderof.wordpress.com/2019/06/03/sorry-i-got-here-as-soon-as-i-could/

Good to hear you are in a happy place - its really hard to explain how dark depression can make you feel, and how much effort it can take to ask for help. As I said its been a tough 18 months, and still have dark days, but I can cope with them better now and the medication makes me feel less exhausted when dealing with huge mood swings.
Must admit, it was music and meeting like minded people at gigs that really helped, suddenly found people who understood and wanted to listen and help - totally understand about cutting out negative triggers, its difficult but its the best thing to do

Im always about if you need a chat - I wrote about my experience for a blog page that links into the Facebook community I run, have a read - https://amurderof.wordpress.com/2019/06/03/sorry-i-got-here-as-soon-as-i-could/

Just read that. Good on you mate! As I read it, I thought gee this is very engaging. So it came as no surprise to read your ambition to become a writer. Go for it. You write very well. I'm an English teacher and appreciate quality prose.

Last edited:
I have just had a fortnight where everything I have been associated with has gone wrong. And yes Spurs form has been part of it. It seems like everything I touch turns to brick, with simply no reason to it. Makes it very hard to face the day., when you are experiencing one disaster after another. such as, appliances break down all at once. You purchase replacements, which.....do not work out of the box... you go back to get them fixed and the next replacement don't work either.

Great to hear dude. Ditto about ever needing a chat.

I have just had a fortnight where everything I have been associated with has gone wrong. And yes Spurs form has been part of it. It seems like everything I touch turns to brick, with simply no reason to it. Makes it very hard to face the day., when you are experiencing one disaster after another. such as, appliances break down all at once. You purchase replacements, which.....do not work out of the box... you go back to get them fixed and the next replacement don't work either.

I know that feeling.

I do comfort eating. My weight can go up a stone in 2 weeks then take a month to get off again. Done this 4 times this year already.

I try so hard to be healthy that I push myself to hard and I snap.

Wish I was dead. Can’t deal with this pain.

I’m sorry you’re feeling like this at the moment mate. Are you able to put a label on it? Is it a people/place/thing that’s put you in the darkness or that repetitive internal loop?

For me, making myself useful for others has helped me get out of my own head and build happiness and self-esteem levels up. I can’t trust my own thinking sometimes so I have to take action. Nothing better than being useful or of service in my experience.

I haven’t followed this thread the whole way through, do you have a family or friends you are in regular contact with? Or a hobby/exercise you enjoy doing?

Thank you for posting in here and not isolating yourself.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Back