• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT. Spurs-Hove Albion**

I agree with Scara. I think Sissoko is as good as he'll ever get, and frankly isnt good enough. Equally, I agree effort is not equal to being good. I agree very much with most of what he says about Sissoko.

Today though, Sissoko is the least of our worries, and it is a little perplexing that Scara has focussed in on him so much. Coping mechanism maybe?
It did seem oddly out of kilter

Sissoko was the reason we didn't buy a good midfielder a year ago and a year before that. He's why Poch has been playing this air raid nonsense. He's why we play each match with 10 passers.

None of that is his fault, but it's all because of him.

Trumpian re-write of history. In fact, pathetic.

just like you are with him, won't acknowledge that he is making a positive impact and improved himself and the team

who are bringing us down now are the ones we used to rely on to win us games, or at least not lose them

now all the lads are seemingly affected

I feel Poch has to do some culling after the break
They're all bringing us down because they've all dropped to his level.

Not that we deserved it, but 3-0 down, in the last 20 minutes, Son and then Kane fluffs chances they would convert 8 times out of 10, and Moura forces 2 good saves from the keeper.
We could have salvaged a point with better finishing, but it would have been papering over the canyons...

Of course they do, but it’s down to pochettino to axe players who turn up and don’t put in a performance. I’d prefer to have seen our under 21 team today than our seniors as at least the under 21s might actually have cared.

You have to question why the players think that they can get away with failing to perform and that question lands at the feet of Pochettino.

So you think playing the U21s today would have turned the club’s form around?

Wash over. We weren't always used to winning. The team (probably fans too) have become entitled. Poch needs to get the foundation in place again and get us fighting for our lives.

It's not entitlement at all.

It's the fact that we have a manager disrespecting us in the press and who looks like he has no idea how to reverse the slide.

We have a dozen players badly underperforming. That's on him. We can stay loyal and continue to slide or do what needs to be done. Like Scars says, we are a football club, not a fudging knitting club.

Trumpian re-write of history. In fact, pathetic.
It's all true. I'm sure I remember you talking about how Poch wanted rid but there were no takers.

There's no way Levy would have sanctioned another player in that position and ending up paying Sissoko a real footballer's salary to not even make the bench.

Whoever we put in that midfield pivot at the moment is not good enough. That and Eriksen are really fudging us over. Eriksen cannot play simple passes, gone to brick over set pieces, presses like a pussy and cannot even shoot. What's happened to this player I loved so much. He needs to take a good look in the mirror as he is partially responsible for this malaise.

I really do think that Sissoko is a player who will show his best in a winning side, not so much one that is struggling. It is his power running through the lines that is his best attribute, not going the other way. Eriksen is another case of this. He looks great when we are dominating, but it's like playing against 12 men when we're not. He's the 12th man due to the huge number of turnovers he creates.

Last edited:
Back