• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT. Spurs-Hove Albion**

Do the players themselves bear no responsibility?

Of course they do, but it’s down to pochettino to axe players who turn up and don’t put in a performance. I’d prefer to have seen our under 21 team today than our seniors as at least the under 21s might actually have cared.

You have to question why the players think that they can get away with failing to perform and that question lands at the feet of Pochettino.

Let's all be honest. When you are losing like this. Whoever is not in the team seems better than who is out there. All our players seem to have gone off form at the same time.

You can say it's the team as a whole. But they are making bad choices, bad passes and their accuracy is all off. At the moment we are appreciating at least the players that are putting in the required effort.

Why was N'dombele taken off??
Why are players always injured.
Of course but regardless are you telling me Moura shouldn’t of started any of the last however many games? Something is up....

Been saying it for years, even before Poch, we need to be ruthless when it comes to under performing players. Stop trying to keep them happy and drop them / sell them. Ferguson and Mourinho didn’t take brick from players and this is why they were so successful, Ferguson more so.

He got player of the season because people use emotion rather than logic to make decisions.
just like you are with him, won't acknowledge that he is making a positive impact and improved himself and the team

who are bringing us down now are the ones we used to rely on to win us games, or at least not lose them

now all the lads are seemingly affected

I feel Poch has to do some culling after the break

Why are we conceding so many goals? 2 v Arsenal. 2 v Olympiacos. 2 v Leicester. 7 v Munich. 3 v Brighton. 11 games, 1 clean sheet. 2 points from 10 games away from home. It's not bad luck we conceded on 7 minutes. It's a continuation of the brick we've watched for a while now.

Kane and Son not firing? Why? They aren't getting the ball. Another sign that Poch has lost it.

I want him out sooner rather than later.

Personally I think it is due to our midfield (as well as lots of other little things: no stable RB, hangover from losing the CL, new signings not bedded in yet, new stadium effect, pressure, lack of confidence). But not having a solid core midfield is an issue. At the moment, Sissoko + Winks seems the strongest becuase they are settled. Changing that today didn't work. Dier was woeful NDombele lost. Playing 3 in the middle could help Sissoko, Winks and Ndombele. Help us to shore things us, re-group.

Poch needs to focus on us being tight at the back - which used to be a team effort.

Sorry, but whether or not Poch has lost the dressing room, there's no excuse for such an insipid performance from almost every single player. Players should be ashamed.
But they won’t be. They’ve done this on purpose. They want him out, it’s obvious.

I’ve laughed at Leicester’s players blatantly doing this every 6-12 months since Raineri - but now our lot are at it!

There was no urgency at all from the kick off. Players just standing flat footed waiting for someone else to make things happen. We didn't appear to win a single second ball. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark methinks.

When was the last time Eriksen had a good game? Awful performance again but to be honest one of several today. We were rubbish with and without the ball.

he was awful at the start of the year too, but had a couple assists and scored the winner against Brighton in April (after a terrible performance) which papered over it.

It’s up to him if he wants to leave. But we are the fools for continually picking him hoping he will magically play like he did 2 years ago.

Been saying it for years, even before Poch, we beed to be ruthless when it comes to unser performing players. Stop trying to keep them happy and drop them / sell them. Ferguson and Mourinho didn’t take brick from players and this is why they were so successful, Ferguson more so.

Same point I was making. I've seen Jose make subs after 25 mins when he wasn't happy with a performance. Sends a message. As does not putting people straight back in the team....regardless of who they are.

Right, off out shopping then to meet Mr GL in the pub. Not sure whether to front it out or just let the ridicule wash over me.

I also today have, in between the main cataclysmic events of what is happening to the club, come to the realisation that @scaramanga has finally transitioned from full time ‘Tottenham Supporter’ to full time ‘Sissoko Hater’.

It’s been coming. We all saw the signs but none of us intervened. So so sad when this happens to a friend.

I agree with Scara. I think Sissoko is as good as he'll ever get, and frankly isnt good enough. Equally, I agree effort is not equal to being good. I agree very much with most of what he says about Sissoko.

Today though, Sissoko is the least of our worries, and it is a little perplexing that Scara has focussed in on him so much. Coping mechanism maybe?

Sorry, but whether or not Poch has lost the dressing room, there's no excuse for such an insipid performance from almost every single player. Players should be ashamed.

At 2 zip down if personal pride doesn't come into youh no right to a be professional sportsman.
Everyone was poor but at least some still tried and showed up even in injury time.
Pathetic doesn't do it justice.

That was the worst performance of the team under Poch. Especially the first half.

Story should come to an end now.
THANK YOU Pochettino for everything but the situation is in a free fall and there are no signs it can be fixed now.

Eriksen, Toby and probably Jan should be nowhere near the first team until anybody of them gets a new contract and decides to play for the club, for the badge. They are not doing it now.

Dier looked awfully. Couldn't give a simple 10 yard pass, slow as usual. That's a problem - we don't have a pure defensive MF in at least average form.
We need Lo Chelso a lot and Moura should start more games - not getting 1-15 minutes of game time.
Without solid service Kane looks absolutely anonymous. Lack of challenge from the bench is his issue as well.

I fear we’re stuck in limbo with; Poch waiting to be sacked so he can to Madrid for nothing and not break his contract, the players wanting him gone and now needing a new voice urgently, and Levy waiting for Madrid to give him a paid-for way out, without paying £32m compo....

If you’re coming for Sissoko today it only highlights an agenda even more.

If anything today shows how valuable he is in CM.

Ps. Let me know when the others do improve.
Sissoko was the reason we didn't buy a good midfielder a year ago and a year before that. He's why Poch has been playing this air raid nonsense. He's why we play each match with 10 passers.

None of that is his fault, but it's all because of him.

Personally I think it is due to our midfield (as well as lots of other little things: no stable RB, hangover from losing the CL, new signings not bedded in yet, new stadium effect, pressure, lack of confidence). But not having a solid core midfield is an issue. At the moment, Sissoko + Winks seems the strongest becuase they are settled. Changing that today didn't work. Dier was woeful NDombele lost. Playing 3 in the middle could help Sissoko, Winks and Ndombele. Help us to shore things us, re-group.

Poch needs to focus on us being tight at the back - which used to be a team effort.

Fair enough mate. I respect your opinion but to me the players look like they've completely lost confidence in Poch. I reckon it's a combination of things but the brick he's been speaking over the last few months has them scratching their heads in my opinion. In my view, he should go now.

Back