• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT. Spurs-Hove Albion**

If I’m KWP and after waiting 2 years I’m still not trusted at right back against Brighton, in favour of a very limited central midfielder or a centre half lacking match practice, then I’m getting myself the hell out that fudging door at one minute past midnight on January 1st...

Yes, I agree. KWP has been hold and cold when he's played. Away at Saudi Sportswashing Machine a couple years ago he was decent, but he's been underhwleming since, though I guess he's never had a decent run in the team. We're desperately short at RB - I'd be playing Foyth when available, and then trying to solve the problem in January

The new Brighton tend to play a bit more than under Hughton. Still think they will sit back on us. So KWP is perfect for this game in my mind. Put sanchez in so we have some pace in the center. And please play a proper DM. Dier please.

I wonder if we'll play 3AB to help support Sissoko at right back and match Brighton's formation. I kinda love the idea of something like this....

---------Lloris--------
--TBA---Sanchez---Vertonghen
Sissoko--------------------Davies
------Dier----Ndombele
Son------Kane---Eriksen

More from Poch
“We know very well that type of defeat always brings consequences, and that is a lot of opinions and criticism. Monday I was the best and after Tuesday I am the worst. That’s the reality when you lose and you cannot defend yourself.”

Deluded. Very sad to see. Also very interesting that he says Brighton "will be tough", tough seems to be the 'Arry equivalent of triffic.

Deluded. Very sad to see. Also very interesting that he says Brighton "will be tough", tough seems to be the 'Arry equivalent of triffic.

What's deluded? The guy took Tottenham Hotspur to the effing Champions League Final (something I never imagined in a billion years I'd get to see) and was rightly lauded as our best manager since Bill Nic. Now, he loses a few games (including a really bad defeat to Bayern, granted) at the beginning of the season, and fans and media are calling for his head? If anyone's deluded, those people are; not Poch.

It's a turn of phrase. I was the best, I was the worst, how can this be... just chill people. Poch is not the best, nor the worst, but he is good.

I wonder if we'll play 3AB to help support Sissoko at right back and match Brighton's formation. I kinda love the idea of something like this....

---------Lloris--------
--TBA---Sanchez---Vertonghen
Sissoko--------------------Davies
------Dier----Ndombele
Son------Kane---Eriksen
Is 3AB an upgrade on 2CV?

Sissoko at RB might solve two problems at once. Not to say there will be challenges with positioning but sometimes doing something new make you focus more. The other benefit might be that Poch bins the diamond which may have been partly to try and accommodate Sissoko NDom and Winks in the same team.
I still like the idea of Dier returning, it’s not like he will create less than winks but he may just give us the extra protection we need to start keeping clean sheets again.
I’d go with Alli for Eriksen at number 10, give the lad a run of games in his best position. eriksen is also out of form, the difference is we are only likely to benefit from one of them getting back to their best post January...
Think Lamela gets the other spot. Away from home his tenacity is useful and he should provide more support for Sissoko on that side and give him the chance to overlap as he will be unlikely to go outside his man and cross in with his right.

Strange feeling. I find myself more focused on the line-up than the actual game. Might be spending too much time on here discussing tactics and formations. Might be an inflated ego thinking that I can see something wrong with our tactics that Pochettino can't.

Just seems like such a crucial moment in our season and Pochettino must get this right. I trust him to get it right, but that trust isn't as strong as it once was.

What's deluded? The guy took Tottenham Hotspur to the effing Champions League Final (something I never imagined in a billion years I'd get to see) and was rightly lauded as our best manager since Bill Nic. Now, he loses a few games (including a really bad defeat to Bayern, granted) at the beginning of the season, and fans and media are calling for his head? If anyone's deluded, those people are; not Poch.

I might not remember all the stats correctly, can't be bothered looking them up.

Lower mid table form in the league since February. Lucky that several other top four contenders imploded along with us or we would have dropped out of the CL last season. Already conceded 40% of the shots we did in the entire last season. Outplayed as badly as a relegation scrapper against City and lucky in the extreme to get a point. 10 points off the top of the league in early October. Losing at home to Saudi Sportswashing Machine, scraping a win at home to Villa. Getting tonked at home to Bayern even with a ridiculous xG just to top it off.

Meanwhile Pochettino is regularly happy with performances. Calling out mentality and effort from his players at times.

Deluded probably is too strong a word, but I don't think crisis is too strong of a word at this point. And so far Pochettino hasn't found the answers. What do you expect the media to do? Not write stories about it?

On one hand playing Sissoko at right back seems like a decent idea.

On the other hand playing players out of position seems like a terrible idea in the world when you find yourself in a difficult situation.

Some massive decisions for Pochettino today. No easy answers I think.

After the humiliating defeat to Bayern in the CL, we need a good performance and result to lift our morale. Surely, this is a must-win match against Brighton. There will be more pressure on Pochettino and the team if we don't win this match. But we have a poor away record lately. We are winless in 9 away league matches since January. We used to to have the best away record in the league. Not sure why our away record has come poor suddenly. Pochettino needs to do something to get back our good record in away matches. We do have a good record against Brighton, winning 5 and drawing 1 of our last 6 matches against them. We need to continue that good record to get another win over Brighton in this match.

Our attack need to be more ruthless and clinical in front of goal. As shown against Bayern, you will get punished if you don't make use of your chances. Want us to score those simple and ugly goals more instead of always trying to score great goals. We should try to score the long range, tap-ins and headers more. Really hate to see us always trying to dribble the ball into goal. Let's hope Kane and Son will be in the mood to get a goal or two in this match. Lamela should start this match after not starting against Bayern. Similiarly want to see Moura starting well after not playing much lately. I think the likes of Eriksen and Alli should be dropped after their poor form recently. Too bad Lo Celso and Sessegnon are still out injured.

Our midfield need to be more consistent and ruthless. Without a proper defensive midfielder, our midfield have become too soft for other teams. Wanyama used to be our top defensive midfielder but he no longer in top form now. Other midfielders like Ndombele, Sissoko and Winks just don't control the midfield enough. Maybe we should start Dier with Ndombele in this match. I think Dier has more bite in his performance despite making mistakes. We also need more goals from midfield. Ndombele has scored 2 goals so far. Hope others like Sissoko and Winks can score more goals from midfield as well.

We need a big performance from our defence. After being humiliated against Bayern, we need an error-free performance from Lloris, Alderweireld and Vertonghen. As proven against Bayern, all the teams are trying those long range shots against us now. We should never let them free to aim long range shots against our goal. We also should avoid giving away freekicks near our goal. We have not kept many clean sheets this season. With due respect to Brighton, it will be annoying if we don't keep the clean sheet in this match.

We don't seem to have any easy matches nowadays. All the teams are stepping up their game against us. Can see Brighton making it tough for us as well. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Brighton and get back into the top 4 race.

Joker.

Happy on Monday after a good result on Saturday and feeling the worst after a heavy defeat on Tuesday. Pretty normal I'd say.

Then says Brighton will be 'tough'....nope I've never heard a manager describe the opposition in such a deluded way:rolleyes:....just every bloody week.

Any team news now ?

Getting a bit nervous about this match. Not sure which Spurs will turn up for this match after the humiliation to Bayern in the CL. We need a positive response from the team against Brighton. It will help us if we can score an early goal but we also need to learn to kill the game off. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get a convincing win over Brighton to stay in touch in the top 4 race.

I might not remember all the stats correctly, can't be bothered looking them up.

Lower mid table form in the league since February. Lucky that several other top four contenders imploded along with us or we would have dropped out of the CL last season. Already conceded 40% of the shots we did in the entire last season. Outplayed as badly as a relegation scrapper against City and lucky in the extreme to get a point. 10 points off the top of the league in early October. Losing at home to Saudi Sportswashing Machine, scraping a win at home to Villa. Getting tonked at home to Bayern even with a ridiculous xG just to top it off.

Meanwhile Pochettino is regularly happy with performances. Calling out meteorology and effort from his players at times.

Deluded probably is too strong a word, but I don't think crisis is too strong of a word at this point. And so far Pochettino hasn't found the answers. What do you expect the media to do? Not write stories about it?
He's responding to a poster.

The press are irrelevant...theyll write what they like coz it pays their bills.

On one hand playing Sissoko at right back seems like a decent idea.

On the other hand playing players out of position seems like a terrible idea in the world when you find yourself in a difficult situation.

Some massive decisions for Pochettino today. No easy answers I think.
On the pitch is out of position for Sissoko. Once you've got it that wrong, where he is on the pitch is of less concern.

Must win, will see how we will deal as Brighton will undoubtedly sit back and hit us on the counter. I believe KWP will be in too.

But we got to be positive and push on to score and punish Brighton, otherwise it'll be very frustrating. Though I don't know how Brighton are playing, their results doesn't seem to suggest they are tough at all, some strange results. As bad at home as we are away, something must give... or a draw :p

Meanwhile Pochettino is regularly happy with performances. Calling out meteorology and effort from his players at times.

FWIW... since Winks scored that injury time winner at Craven Cottage in January...

Played 34, Won 13, Drawn 6, Lost 15, GoalDiff +2

And our shots allowed per EPL game has returned to the levels last seen at the start of Pochettino’s reign, back when Kaboul and Adebayor stunk up the joint...

2019/20: 112 shots allowed (16.0 per game) 35 saves made
2018/19: 463 shots allowed (12.2 per game) 121 saves made
2017/18: 355 shots allowed (9.3 per game) 93 saves made
2016/17: 348 shots allowed (9.2 per game) 85 saves made
2015/16: 421 shots allowed (11.1 per game) 89 saves made
2014/15: 489 shots allowed (12.9 per game) 119 saves made

Back