• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Some european team ***

It’s all conjecture and speculation on our part but from what I see, I think the players have maybe stopped believing in him.

He’s sent out very mixed messages over the summer about his squad, his role and his future. How can he preach unity and togetherness with the nonsense he’s been spouting to the press? You can’t stand behind a fella who looks like he wants to leave the club. I also think he’s too bloody emotional. I will admit that this is hindsight because I didn’t call it at the time but his reaction in Amsterdam was a bit much. Yes it was an emotional evening and all of us felt it but you want your leader saying “Alright lads, enjoy the moment but we’ve got a final to win”. I don’t want him blubbing on tv and thanking the football gods. I know that’s harsh but when you throw in the nonsense about auras and lemons and the inconsistency in his approach, I just think what we’re seeing on the pitch right now is a manifestation of a manager who has lost respect and who isn’t in control of himself, much less his squad of players.

Other people will have a different view and that’s fair enough. Before I get totally flamed, it is just an opinion.

The sad thing about all of this, is it will be a struggle to argue with any of this...i don't think even @nayenezgani will try and flame you

So it seems like the end is inevitable over the next 2 weeks...

:(

It’s all conjecture and speculation on our part but from what I see, I think the players have maybe stopped believing in him.

He’s sent out very mixed messages over the summer about his squad, his role and his future. How can he preach unity and togetherness with the nonsense he’s been spouting to the press? You can’t stand behind a fella who looks like he wants to leave the club. I also think he’s too bloody emotional. I will admit that this is hindsight because I didn’t call it at the time but his reaction in Amsterdam was a bit much. Yes it was an emotional evening and all of us felt it but you want your leader saying “Alright lads, enjoy the moment but we’ve got a final to win”. I don’t want him blubbing on tv and thanking the football gods. I know that’s harsh but when you throw in the nonsense about auras and lemons and the inconsistency in his approach, I just think what we’re seeing on the pitch right now is a manifestation of a manager who has lost respect and who isn’t in control of himself, much less his squad of players.

Other people will have a different view and that’s fair enough. Before I get totally flamed, it is just an opinion.

Fair enough and you may be right, after all we are just fans and a bit like mushrooms ( kept in the dark and fed flimflam).

The diamond previously has given us no numbers in attack

We did the same vs Leicester and it worked to a point too before getting caught out in the end

It’s weird as to why players can’t keep going with it

But for now Poch has to get back to basics

I think it encourages us to get people forward. Problem is it seems to expose us badly everywhere else.

Its clear, I think, theres no underlying structure in place with it - the players dont know where to be, dont move as a unit, and as a result end up running themselves ragged.

Poch absolutely has to get back to basics. This has been the case for a while. Im yet to see him actually realise this...

We were awful last night. Through the whole game. We were deservedly spanked. Thats the reality.

Not how I saw it in the south stand - and we fact we had so many chances shows that tactically Poch got it right for 25-30 minutes - we could and should have had a lead. But agree this system of not having a recognised defensive midfielder on the pitch is mental.
Personally I think there is no room for sentiment. Each time we change the manager we seem to go up a level, and if we could prise Ancelotti away from Napoli, we might start winning things.

Having chances is only part of the game (and we didn't even take them), those chances aside we were poor. We were far to open not in control at all.

It was like a playground game

We were awful last night. Through the whole game. We were deservedly spanked. Thats the reality.

Not how I saw it in the south stand - and we fact we had so many chances shows that tactically Poch got it right for 25-30 minutes - we could and should have had a lead. But agree this system of not having a recognised defensive midfielder on the pitch is mental.
Personally I think there is no room for sentiment. Each time we change the manager we seem to go up a level, and if we could prise Ancelotti away from Napoli, we might start winning things.

That’s exactly how it was for me
It’s weird having different views

Please lets not allow ourselves to get wrapped up in some narrative about how we only lost because Bayern had some supernatural strike rate/technique/luck last night.

When people take one look at the team sheet and instantly predict the clusterfudge that unfolded, thats nothing to do with xg and bad luck.

We could have played better defensively, but offensively we were quite good. It's just that Bayern had some supernatural strike rate and they were equally as bad defensively as we were. We just weren't as clinical as them.

I know xG isn't the be all and end all, but just to put things in perspective, this is our xG from the 3-1 win against Real. Were we that much better than Real than the score suggests? No. If anything, we were actually worse defensively than we were last night, but everyone was singing the team's praises.

Oh, and the 1-1 at the Bernabeu...

We were miles better that night than last night
Xg doesn’t take into account pressing and pressure, just changed and likelihood

We could have played better defensively, but offensively we were quite good. It's just that Bayern had some supernatural strike rate and they were equally as bad defensively as we were. We just weren't as clinical as them.

There was nothing supernatural about it. It was high quality, but they were gifted chance after chance. We deserved the spanking we got.

We were miles better that night than last night
Xg doesn’t take into account pressing and pressure, just changed and likelihood
We didn't really press them that much. We were playing mostly on the break. But we were still an underdog team back then, so that made sense. Now we truly are one of the big hitters. We went after Bayern from minute 1. Maybe playing more with an underdog mentality would have served us better, I don't know. But the 2-7 was still a freak result that didn't truly reflect the performance of both teams.

They gifted us chance after chance too. They scored theirs. We didn't score ours. Simple as that. They were marginally better. Not 7-2 better.

They were poor at the back. We werent good enough to capitalise. Or defend. Or have a midfield. Or even stay in the game....

The result reflected the difference between the teams.

Back