• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

Some of us don't think Sissoko is good enough and in by default, others think that Winks isn't good enough and in by default.

Perhaps both players are in by default and when Lo Celso and Dier are considered fit both are out?

Or perhaps Pochettino likes both players and thinks they are good first choices?

My thoughts are that if we want to be challenging for the big trophies then both need to be on the bench at best (and ditto Dier).

Maybe but he is getting a lot of stick from some supporters and seeing he is not playing in the position he is best at is unfair. imo

Not been a fan of his playing further forward and it's not a backlash you can check my posts

Maybe but he is getting a lot of stick from some supporters and seeing he is not playing in the position he is best at is unfair. imo
We're dysfunctional as a team at the moment. I don't think there were many complaints to be had about Winks in the opening 30 minutes vs. Bayern?

Apart from one or two players I don't think any of our players deserve to be judged based on what's currently going on.

He's playing against a very brick team though and tbf, I'd expect his pass map so far to look fairly side to side.

He's playing against a very brick team though and tbf, I'd expect his pass map so far to look fairly side to side.
Agreed, Bulgaria were pants. Winks played well, popping up to mop up issues, keeping it ticking, marginally too safe/too backwards/sideways* for me... but he did well and should be proud.

*Because I rate him as a player and he has the talent to turn and play, not always just knock it back safely.

Agreed, Bulgaria were pants. Winks played well, popping up to mop up issues, keeping it ticking, marginally too safe/too backwards/sideways* for me... but he did well and should be proud.

*Because I rate him as a player and he has the talent to turn and play, not always just knock it back safely.

We had virtually 8 players ahead of him at all times
He made the team comfortable tonight which is more than can be said with many others who have played there

Last night was a walk in the park for Winks and he had a nice stroll.
But*

This is it for me.

He already looks much better further forward and making forward passes rather than the backways/sideways at Spurs.

He put in the sort of performance that says to me - play him in a double pivot, not as the deepest player.

Give him someone beside him to help with the defensive work, and allow him to push forward and effect play.

Also Henderson is hilariously bad, and it was to my frustration the times I saw him lolloping forward while Winks sat in and watched.

He put in the sort of performance that says to me - play him in a double pivot, not as the deepest player.

Give him someone beside him to help with the defensive work, and allow him to push forward and effect play.

Also Henderson is hilariously bad, and it was to my frustration the times I saw him lolloping forward while Winks sat in and watched.
Well yes he clearly is unsuited to be the single DM. He simply doesn't have that game. With the shape Poch seemingly wants us to take the double pivot may well have gone the way of the dodo. I guess we will see when we have Lo Celso for at the same time as Ndombele.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Well yes he clearly is unsuited to be the single DM. He simply doesn't have that game. With the shape Poch seemingly wants us to take the double pivot may well have gone the way of the dodo. I guess we will see when we have Lo Celso for at the same time as Ndombele.

Lo Celso is an interesting one. Could be heir to Eriksens spot, could be heir to Lamelas...

From what I saw at Lyon NDombele worked well in CM, in a double pivot. When up to speed I see no reason why he couldnt pair with Winks.

Or, heaven forbid, it turns out we actually have options! Imagine being able to rest players, or bring people in/out to suit tactical needs based on the game...

Lo Celso is an interesting one. Could be heir to Eriksens spot, could be heir to Lamelas...

From what I saw at Lyon NDombele worked well in CM, in a double pivot. When up to speed I see no reason why he couldnt pair with Winks.

Or, heaven forbid, it turns out we actually have options! Imagine being able to rest players, or bring people in/out to suit tactical needs based on the game...
The little I've seen of Lo Celso I'm not sure we can play him the same way we do Eriksen and expect the same results. His game seems quite different, relying more on beating the press with his dribbling. He doesnt appear to be much of a sprayer of passes. Ndombele looks to have taken that role albeit starting significantly deeper than Eriksen typically has. Winks along with those two coul be quite the baller midfield....if we can ever get all three on the pitch at once. It would have course require defense work from all three but I do think they are capable.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Back