• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Some european team ***

Poch needs to get our defense and midfield tight. Our heart is missing at the moment. We need that foundation back. Going back to a screening DM seems to make sense. Then let Ndombele and Eriksen play in front with LeCelco and Winks as cover for them. Sissoko/Dier/Wanyama as the screener. With cover, the FBs can also get forward more freely.

This hits the tickle my balls with a feather. We need to get the defence right now. This takes precedence. Lets go three at the back with a covering DM. This covers our basic weaknesses at full back and allows a platform for the attackers to perform:

I would go:

..........................................Lloris.......................................................

...................Toby..................Sanchez...................Verts...........................

Foyth/KWP.................................Dier......................................Davies/Rose

................................NDombele...Sissoko/Lamela............................................

....................Son...................Kane.....................................................

We have good players. Probably the third best squad in the PL. If the coach can't get them to play a decent game, then that is down to him.

Last edited:
I would also say...maybe tonight was simply a function of the fact we pressed hard in the first half, and we tired out and were punished. We didn’t get our reward with a 2 goal cushion where we could counter at will and we were made to suffer. Maybe it is just that in an extreme scale.

The players haven’t pressed like that all season, and I wonder if they weren’t used to it, or maybe they aren’t conditioned for it in the same way as previous as maybe the squad is older, and Poch is toning it down so we can last the distance.

I think we deserved a 2 goal lead at half time, but it’s high risk. You don’t get it, and then you’re chasing the game when you’ve used a lot of your reserves.

Incidentally, I don't think Bayern were anything special. They looked VERY suspect at the back and I genuinely believe if classic Poch Spurs played tonight (not the abomination we currently are) we would have won with relative comfort.

Bayern have a hell of a front line, but that's about it.

Can we please have our Spurs back. Don't like this iteration of it at all. Why did Poch break something that didn't need fixing? Please can we have our old identity back?

I would also say...maybe tonight was simply a function of the fact we pressed hard in the first half, and we tired out and were punished. We didn’t get our reward with a 2 goal cushion where we could counter at will and we were made to suffer. Maybe it is just that in an extreme scale.

The players haven’t pressed like that all season, and I wonder if they weren’t used to it, or maybe they aren’t conditioned for it in the same way as previous as maybe the squad is older, and Poch is toning it down so we can last the distance.

I think we deserved a 2 goal lead at half time, but it’s high risk. You don’t get it, and then you’re chasing the game when you’ve used a lot of your reserves.

Are you having a laugh? We certainly didn't deserve to be two goals up at half time. We didn't deserve to be up at half time at all. They were already showing signs of rampaging through us. Even Glenda pointed out that our diamond was a busted flush and wouldn't last for the whole game. We looked out on our feet after 30 mins ffs.

Same here I don’t even feel any anger tonight, I had that for two days after losing to Colchester, I will never ever want us to lose but from now on unless something drastically changes tactically and performance wise to give me something to cling on to every loss is one step closer to putting us out of our misery and getting back on track with a new manager.
After our recent run of results I guess I’ve just become inured to defeat now and there was plenty of laughter on the train from White Hart Lane after the match, as if we didn’t laugh then I guess we’d have to cry after a thrashing like that.

Just got back to Leeds.

Comedy Gold!

I thank you!

Good Night!

Brody-Marx-Brother-Antics.jpg

I told myself that after that Colchester match I am not going to invest emotions this season. Thank YHWH that I didn't watch this match. The team - players and manager have to sort themselves out. Some are saying Levy is at fault for the contract situation, LMAO. I hear rumors that Jan cuckolded Eriksen, wow!! What next, Dele was cheating on Dier?? I am a Spurs fan and will remain one but I am emotionally stepping back from this until I get the impression that they are being real with themselves.

Just read somewhere that this was the first time we conceded 7 goals at home ever. fudging hell.

Well that was embarrassing.

We were unlucky in terms of them being extremely clinical. At the same time we had some stuff go our way and after the opening 25-30 minutes never managed to get control of the game.

Could have been a very different result if the finishing had been different for both teams, but the performance was nowhere near good enough. We looked like it was the last fifteen minutes of the game, not the last fifteen minutes of the first half after spending so much energy at the start. Then we didn't adjust to that at all.

Have to add. I feel sorry for a lot of the players. I saw a lot of effort, motivation, several players seemed to run themselves into the ground. They were brave, they didn't hide, they tried. Thought several players had very good games. Imo Pochettino failed them badly and they were left on the pitch having to suffer as a result despite all their best efforts.

Have to add. I feel sorry for a lot of the players. I saw a lot of effort, motivation, several players seemed to run themselves into the ground. They were brave, they didn't hide, they tried. Thought several players had very good games. Imo Pochettino failed them badly and they were left on the pitch having to suffer as a result despite all their best efforts.

Agree, you could see towards the end of the first half it was simply a case of our legs had gone, but the will and determination was there, they were just hung out to dry tactically.

Probably bodes well for Poch in the sense that 'all' he has to do is get it tactically right and the players will take care of the rest.

'All'

Its so sad its come to this but it appears he has lost his marbles and needs a sabbatical.

Like AdamB said I think he’s got his favoured players and has largely invented a formation to get them all in the team.

If he starts those three on saturday then at best we might win an open game 1-2 or 2-3, he’ll say we were amazing and what a response, but all it will do is strengthen his resolve to stick with it.

If he cant see the blatantly obvious frailties of that system he has to go, for the good of the club and himself.

Its so sad its come to this but it appears he has lost his marbles and needs a sabbatical.

Like AdamB said I think he’s got his favoured players and has largely invented a formation to get them all in the team.

If he starts those three on saturday then at best we might win an open game 1-2 or 2-3, he’ll say we were amazing and what a response, but all it will do is strengthen his resolve to stick with it.

If he cant see the blatantly obvious frailties of that system he has to go, for the good of the club and himself.
One positive from last night is that we did change it. Of course the midfield and attacking players that hadn't been replaced looked rather useless as they were exhausted. Pochettino for me waited way too long to change things. And we didn't get a performance or result from changing it. But he must have seen that it didn't work and he did change it.

Perhaps we'll see a change going forward. Or perhaps he'll find a way to make it work. I'm hoping for the former as I don't believe in the latter.

Back