• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Some european team ***

But the rot really set in two days before the biggest game in our history when Poch announced he might leave if we win. That's a sackable offence on the eve of the CL final. We went into that game a semi-shambles with managers threatening to leave, managers crying after semi finals like the job was done, and dropping moura for a completely ineffectual kane.

this was completely out of order IMO, was kinda laughed off at the time but the cows are coming home to roost now to butcher a saying

You missed it? You lucky, lucky bastard. :D

My 50th birthday today. Lovely present from the club.
Yeah, I dropped the old gas guzzler up to the mechanic. I thought he was going to have a quick look at and tell me to come back some other time, but he started banging away at it and I missed the match.

Get drunk.

We conceded 7 goals at home. I can't recall that ever happening in my lifetime. We were so ridiculously open. In a way no profession side should ever be. I'd rather not be in the Champions League than suffer that brick.

The manager should be ashamed of himself. I know I'm embarrassed by that. If he's not, hes further from planet earth than I thought he was.

As Milo said at 4-2 we chased the game and put on another attacker. Would you have preferred we just shut up shop as a smaller team might have? I can take losing 7-2 because sometimes we'll fight back to 4-4. But we were tired having played more recently and with 10. In hindsight, we needed more men in midfield not less.

Did Byern bring on another midfielder? We seemed to be outnumbered in the middle second half.

this was completely out of order IMO, was kinda laughed off at the time but the cows are coming home to roost now to butcher a saying

Not to mention conceding in the opening seconds because that's just what we do in big games. It all manifested itself in the first ball forwards from liverpool. Game was done after that.

As Milo said at 4-2 we chased the game and put on another attacker. Would you have preferred we just shut up shop as a smaller team might have? I can take losing 7-2 because sometimes we'll fight back to 4-4. But we were tired having played more recently and with 10. In hindsight, we needed more men in midfield not less.

Did Byern bring on another midfielder? We seemed to be outnumbered in the middle second half.

Don't even know where to start with this.

If you're losing, you don't go 4-1-5, because then you'll lose more heavily. I don't think many on here accept losing 7-2 because its an embarrassing defeat that is now etched into our history.

And yes, of course Bayern brought on an extra midfielder. They were licking their lips. Imagine playing against a team with no midfield! You'd flood it too!

Point taken, but surely we want to move on from this. Not substitute it with more of the same.

would you persist?

He should've gone after the CL. It was the perfect mutual parting time. He would have left loved, we'd have got the reboot we needed. Now its all hella messy.

I don't know. Maybe we'll do brick this year. Lose our manager. Lose a lot of good players. Not make top 4. No silverware.

But we'll still have a top quality stadium and a foundation to build a top top club for years to come. The financial and structural foundation is there, and it's not going away any time soon, its just a matter of getting the right people for the job. We've got muscles.

Just read his quotes on BBC. Same old pish. "It can happen. We must stick together. We have a good mentality."

Seriously? Ah I loved that man. But he's lost it spectacularly. Maybe he's too emotional. It's not a good thing for a leader. But even that doesn't explain him persisting with ridiculous formations and tactics. This is such a fudging disappointment but Poch has brought this on himself.

I think Levy will give him time but this ends one way. And it'll end soon. Poch is a busted flush.

collins, splitters, I’m an Oxford man, also

hqdefault.jpg

But the rot really set in two days before the biggest game in our history when Poch announced he might leave if we win. That's a sackable offence on the eve of the CL final. We went into that game a semi-shambles with managers threatening to leave, managers crying after semi finals like the job was done, and dropping moura for a completely ineffectual kane.

Liverpool went to win. The difference was enormous.

Poch just isn't a winner. We've been brick in domestic semis and the cl final. And now this is just the implosion that has been threatening to come for 18 months.

Liverpool's players had been there before, with a manager who had been there twice before, having won the Bundesliga and the DFB Pokal multiple times as well. As a club, they had been there and won five times.

Our players had never been there before, our manager had never and has never won anything, and our club had never been there before.

Yes, Liverpool went there to win. Their whole structure was built to let them win that game- players, coach and history.

For us, Poch was just one of the elements that led to us losing. But, conversely, he was probably the biggest element in us getting there in the first place, because he went against our history and the mentalities of our players to do so.

I just think it's really harsh to blame him for us losing that game. We had a lot against us, right from the start.

But we'll still have a top quality stadium and a foundation to build a top top club for years to come. The financial and structural foundation is there, and it's not going away any time soon.
This paragraph will look much, much better tomorrow!

Back