• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Some european team ***

New Tottenham:-

Diamond midfield
Kane out of position
Son/Lucas played as a central striker in a pair
Winks & Sissoko in midfield
No pressing
No fitness
Aurier madness
Players off form
Lots of injuries
Want away players
Awful away record
Conceding goals for fun
No width + flat fullbacks

What else have I missed???....

Dead balls are brick too.

New Tottenham:-

Diamond midfield
Kane out of position
Son/Lucas played as a central striker in a pair
Winks & Sissoko in midfield
No pressing
No fitness
Aurier madness
Players off form
Lots of injuries
Want away players
Awful away record
Conceding goals for fun
No width + flat fullbacks

What else have I missed???....

Biggest home defeat in our entire history...

When Harry scored the pen, I thought "Phew! At least we'll not get hammerd like the goons regularly did against Bayern"
Oh boy...
I said to my mate next to me... 6-2 I reckon. We were completely vacant in the deep midfield position all night which made things incredibly easy for Bayern when attacking.

To be fair that was the first time it has really happened to us under Poch. Hopefully it won't become a weekly occurance as it did under AVB.

I think Poch has earned the right to try to turn it around but he needs to be backed by the chairman with (perhaps cut price) sales and (perhaps a little overpriced) buys.

AVB had two results like that, two, and got fired.

What he said. Poch has been fortunate that we've had Palace and SCBC come to our place and roll over. Outside of that the performances have been worse than from anyone but Sherwood in memory.

Absolutely terrible, shocking result and yet I still feel numb in a really couldn't care less sort of way. That is until I wake up and go to work early in the morning and have to face all the abuse!

The tactical setup was poor, but it's not what lost us the game IMO. I don't care if it's a diamond, ruby or anything other dug up from the dirt. We're not a bad team on paper, but we've become a dog brick TEAM. I have put forward several times the unpopular opinion that Son and Kane together is anything but optimal. When was the last time someone squared it for an easy tap-in? A surefire goal in the bank? When being a hero is more important than being a winner, you will often be neither. We regularly use the excuse that teams park the bus against us to play sideways and being static, but Bayern had no problems passing inbetween our two banks of whatever. Because they move. They make runs for each other. We don't anymore.

What we do is asking poor Winks to play as something he's not equipped to do. We are using Sissoko as our main creative outlet from the middle, our arguably worst passer who for some reason has become our arguably best passer. We have sold our first choice RB while waiting for two CBs to replace our present first choice RB. We are severely unbalanced, ending this game with 5 AMs (Kane being one of them). I can understand having a go, but that requires you to actually have a go, not continuing to do what's not working. And resorting to hoofball with no one up front is just weird. We were not record-breaking 7 smacks in the face poor the entire game, far from it, but we really pulled our knickers down and bent over at the end. It hurts.

Yes, you've mentioned that. But regardless, in the end, we got to the CL final. However bad his year was, we still got the highest stage we have ever been in.

We failed at that stage, admittedly. But that is success - as much as we can expect at Spurs. That excuses our inadequacies last season.

But the rot really set in two days before the biggest game in our history when Poch announced he might leave if we win. That's a sackable offence on the eve of the CL final. We went into that game a semi-shambles with managers threatening to leave, managers crying after semi finals like the job was done, and dropping moura for a completely ineffectual kane.

Liverpool went to win. The difference was enormous.

Poch just isn't a winner. We've been brick in domestic semis and the cl final. And now this is just the implosion that has been threatening to come for 18 months.

On the bright side. The under 23 thumping by them earlier this afternoon doesn’t actually look so bad now!
Ha ha I looked at that result and thought that would be the bad one out of the way... doh!

But we dont play 4-3-3 though...we play 4-3-1-2...the big difference being that in a 4-3-3 the wide forwards will track back with the full backs. Its a small difference but we got torn apart out wide and in front of our back 4 tnight

That's why I said a variant, we didn't tonight but we frequently line up 4-4-2 in defence to provide that cover.

Back