• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

First half performance was like when you go back to your ex's house for one last shag after you've broken up.

Feels like it used to, but underneath it's broken.

That’s how we used to play, full gas for 100 minutes at a time, if we are not faster, stronger and fitter than the opposition from whistle to whistle the coaching staff haven’t done their job properly.

The people in the Sky studio laying into Poch now for not changing the formation. Wonder whether Poch saw the stupidity in the formation?

I'm not sure if Poch picks players to fit a formation. Seems to go with whoever his favorites are most of the time.

He’s too stubborn

He’s sticking with the diamond (which is a terrible formations) and doubling down by playing Winks as the base.

We are seeing a result of no transfers last summer, a manager too stubborn to change and some of the players not caring or being good enough.

Sissoko and winks

I still don't think he's right, but I said the pile-on back then was pathetic, and I still think it is. People were calling Nigey a WUM and not Spurs because he broke with the hive mind.

That wasn't fudging fair. Still isn't.

I do think I’m right in wanting Diego Simeone might sort out the defensive side a bit.

All is fair in love and war mate, and spurs is always about both.

Right now I feel like poop because that was humiliating.

I do think I’m right in wanting Diego Simeone might sort out the defensive side a bit.

All is fair in love and war mate, and spurs is always about both.

Right now I feel like poop because that was humiliating.

Simeone earns 25m a year, mate. At Atletico - a side dear to his heart, with a rebuild underway and in desperate need of some stability to see it through.

They're also a club willing to spend 120m on a 19 year old, which we will probably never do.

In contrast, Poch earns 10M a year here, and that's the highest we've ever paid a manager. And our overhaul will not be allowed to be as expensive as Atletico's was.

I think Simeone is a pipe-dream. Mourinho might be desperate enough to bite, though, if the club really did do something stupid (imo) and sack the best thing that's happened to us in 25 years.

I still don't think he's right, but I said the pile-on back then was pathetic, and I still think it is. People were calling Nigey a WUM and not Spurs because he broke with the hive mind.

That wasn't fudging fair. Still isn't.
Always been the same on here regarding Poch, no one could criticise anything the guy did without the usual suspects jumping on you - up until about a month ago. Posters deluding themselves that things at this club would be bright and fluffy forever without any problems long as Poch is here, far more successful coaches have had issues and far bigger clubs - but heaven forbid there ever be any problems with the all conquering Poch:rolleyes: Warning signs have been there for a while, and when you don’t act on them it appears this is what you get....

Simeone earns 25m a year, mate. At Atletico - a side dear to his heart, with a rebuild underway and in desperate need of some stability to see it through.

They're also a club willing to spend 120m on a 19 year old, which we will probably never do.

In contrast, Poch earns 10M a year here, and that's the highest we've ever paid a manager. And our overhaul will not be allowed to be as expensive as Atletico's was.

I think Simeone is a pipe-dream. Mourinho might be desperate enough to bite, though, if the club really did do something stupid (imo) and sack the best thing that's happened to us in 25 years.

Funny, you used to be the pessimist in the lot.

Serious question, outside of getting us to this level, what do you see from Poch that says he has any ability to turn this around?

Because loyalty/backing requires some intuition or semblance of logic that backs the play? I'm struggling to see that now.

Always been the same on here regarding Poch, no one could criticise anything the guy did without the usual suspects jumping on you - up until about a month ago. Posters deluding themselves that things at this club would be bright and fluffy forever without any problems long as Poch is here, far more successful coaches have had issues and far bigger clubs - but heaven forbid there ever be any problems with the all conquering Poch:rolleyes: Warning signs have been there for a while, and when you don’t act on them it appears this is what you get....

Come on mate, it isn't "I told you so" time

Warning signs are nothing more than speculation .. some you read right, some you don't

i moaned about that too, but it’s been over 5 years

Funny, you used to be the pessimist in the lot.

Serious question, outside of getting us to this level, what do you see from Poch that says he has any ability to turn this around?

Because loyalty/backing requires some intuition or semblance of logic that backs the play? I'm struggling to see that now.
This is my issue with our current situation.

I want Poch to be the one to turn it around. He's earned our patience and is clearly talented. But he keeps seeing the same thing and responding with the same incorrect solution. I don't know how many times it needs to be wrong before he sees it.

Back