• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Your list relates to my point, managers who were schooled at the club before going into the job.

How was Klopp schooled at Dortmund? Mourinho Porto/Chelsea? There were 10 years between Conte playing at and then managing Juve...

Its a tenuous point at best.

You stacked up a bunch of factors to try and mitigate a response, lets be honest - there were more examples than you expected werent there?

How was Klopp schooled at Dortmund? Mourinho Porto/Chelsea? There were 10 years between Conte playing at and then managing Juve...

Its a tenuous point at best.

You stacked up a bunch of factors to try and mitigate a response, lets be honest - there were more examples than you expected werent there?

Is there a time limit on learning now?

Were Pep and Zidane no schooled at their clubs?

Jose at Porto, Klopp at Mainz, Conte at Juve?

As I asked where's the list of up and comers who left their club and then took a established team to greater heights? Less than you were expecting?

Is there a time limit on learning now?

Were Pep and Zidane no schooled at their clubs?

Jose at Porto, Klopp at Mainz, Conte at Juve?

As I asked where's the list of up and comers who left their club and then took a established team to greater heights? Less than you were expecting?

Being a player and being a manager are rather different things. And the whole concept of "schooling" suggests a manager coming into a club to continue that clubs ethos. In most cases here - not actually what happened, is it?

Guardiola the obvious example, though he took the essence of the club and evolved it.

Klopp was an up and comer who went into a massive club in Dortmund and made an immediate impact, having had nothing to do with Dortmund prior.

Similarly Jose with Porto. And even then, while he had had that success at Porto - Im not sure anyone anticipated he would do with Chelsea what he did.

Conte left Juve and managed minor teams, was seen as a young talent and did incredible things at Juve. Being a player, I would imagine, only serving to please the fans. I doubt it does anything to counter the point I raised - young, up and coming managers, can go into big clubs and make that step up. It is far from the requirement people seem to believe that experience is a necessity.

And this was but one point of many, but seemingly the only one you wanted to zero in on.

Being a player and being a manager are rather different things. And the whole concept of "schooling" suggests a manager coming into a club to continue that clubs ethos. In most cases here - not actually what happened, is it?

Guardiola the obvious example, though he took the essence of the club and evolved it.

Klopp was an up and comer who went into a massive club in Dortmund and made an immediate impact, having had nothing to do with Dortmund prior.

Similarly Jose with Porto. And even then, while he had had that success at Porto - Im not sure anyone anticipated he would do with Chelsea what he did.

Conte left Juve and managed minor teams, was seen as a young talent and did incredible things at Juve. Being a player, I would imagine, only serving to please the fans. I doubt it does anything to counter the point I raised - young, up and coming managers, can go into big clubs and make that step up. It is far from the requirement people seem to believe that experience is a necessity.

And this was but one point of many, but seemingly the only one you wanted to zero in on.

Ok

Managers that would serve up something better:

Sean Dyche
Eddie Howe
Massimo Allegri
Thomas Tuchel
Lucien Favre
Brendan Rogers
That Lincoln matey who just went to the championship somewhere
David Pleat
Alan Curbishly
Alan Partridge

I hate to say it, but I think we’d be way more likely to win something with Mourihno.

Just would be such a shame for Poch to seemingly implode out of nowhere.

Managers that would serve up something better:

Sean Dyche
Eddie Howe
Massimo Allegri
Thomas Tuchel
Lucien Favre
Brendan Rogers
That Lincoln matey who just went to the championship somewhere
David Pleat
Alan Curbishly
Alan Partridge

pleat and Partridge yes, allegri at a push

Is it out of nowhere though?

He was the plucky young up a comer at the unfancied team. There's plenty of them who's career follows the same trajectory.

Winners, win. We've won nothing. We seemingly shot our bolt based on the back of hard work, recruitment and having Dembele in midfield. We're now older, tired with no Dembele.

When the time for tactics came, we've been found wanting time and again. Tactically have we or our manager improved over the last few seasons or got worse?

We need to go all out for Allegri now, before Man Utd or Real Madrid need a new manager, which will be this side of Xmas

Back