• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Well he's started well. Mind you, I thought the keeper should have saved that shot at the weekend but if you don't buy a ticket and all that.

You know I said the same during the game ... but after looking at it the shot came with almost no back lift and I think he saw it very late ...

That is a fantastic summary of Tanguy's game. The awareness, the passing skill, but most of all the dribbling and taking on several players at once, freeing up space for others. Sublime play. That is where stats cannot fully explain how good some of this stuff is. It might say a misplaced pass or that it was an unsuccessful dribble, but not mention the pass was incredibly difficult or the dribble was to take on 4 players.

I think that we can put the Dembele comparisons to bed now. Their playing style is nothing like each other.
I disagree, when I was watching that video it brought to mind Dembele i.e. he has 2 men on him, but he doesn't just pass it backwards he turns and bursts past them.
He isn't afraid to get past players and lay it off. True there are big differences, but also a lot of similarities.

I disagree, when I was watching that video it bought to mind Dembele i.e. he has 2 men on him, but he doesn't just pass it backwards he turns and bursts past them.
He isn't afraid to get past players and lay it off. True there are big differences, but also a lot of similarities.

He's more nimble than Dembele but I agree on him as a ball carrier. His range of passing is far better than Dembele's and he's willing to shoot.

Well he's started well. Mind you, I thought the keeper should have saved that shot at the weekend but if you don't buy a ticket and all that.

I thought the keeper should have done better as well, would have been mad if it had gone against us. That said I love the lad he is so silky.

Dembele scored on his debut as well. Looking at those highlights reels from the Saints game he played better than I had thought he had while watching it live. Just ran out of steam in the second half, welcome to the big leagues!

I thought he looked a good player for the first hour but then seemed to run out of steam, not surprising as he is used to a much slower Lge and will it will take a while for him to adjust.
I think he will. I also think we'll have to get used to his 'out of breath' lollopping (?) style (ala yaya toure or our very own chrissy waddle).

He sometimes does that jogging action that actually is no faster than walking speed :)

That is a fantastic summary of Tanguy's game. The awareness, the passing skill, but most of all the dribbling and taking on several players at once, freeing up space for others. Sublime play. That is where stats cannot fully explain how good some of this stuff is. It might say a misplaced pass or that it was an unsuccessful dribble, but not mention the pass was incredibly difficult or the dribble was to take on 4 players.
Press resistance, deep progressions and xGBuildup are all measurable and show N'Dombele to be a very, very good player.

He's more nimble than Dembele but I agree on him as a ball carrier. His range of passing is far better than Dembele's and he's willing to shoot.
I think the reason there are so many comparisons (other than the name) is that he has the skills that we've been so desperately missing since Dembele left. That's about all they have in common but because we suffered so much without them, they've drawn everyone's focus.

Got a bit of everything this lad. Can beat a player, has a trick (love the deft body movements to throw oppo players), attacks the box when we go forward, and is an excellent mid length probing passer. Can also put his foot in defensively.

Once he's fully fit and acclimatised I think he'll be a star.

Got a bit of everything this lad. Can beat a player, has a trick (love the deft body movements to throw oppo players), attacks the box when we go forward, and is an excellent mid length probing passer. Can also put his foot in defensively.

Once he's fully fit and acclimatised I think he'll be a star.

Agreed, just keep him fit and no more fackin' injuries please.

In all the doom and gloom from yesterdays match, I thought, it would be worth mentioning one of the few positives.

What a great 1st half from him - created 2 huge goalscoring chances and should have scored one himself.

Just a shame, that he seems to be lagging so much behind fitnesswise. I guess this will improve as he gets more matches under his belt.

In all the doom and gloom from yesterdays match, I thought, it would be worth mentioning one of the few positives.

What a great 1st half from him - created 2 huge goalscoring chances and should have scored one himself.

Just a shame, that he seems to be lagging so much behind fitnesswise. I guess this will improve as he gets more matches under his belt.
He was excellent offensively in the first half, besides those 2 clear chances he made he also made a number of really quick incisive passes forward. He is definitely what we've been missing in the heart of CM. We just now need to find the best system for the midfield. Whether that means dropping the Winks/Sissoko experiment I can't say but Ndombele with paired with genuine defensive quality would be quite a thing to be excited about.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

He is clearly unfit and over weight.

Which presents a hugely exciting prospect when you consider how well he is doing now - what happens when he is a lean mean machine and settled in?!

His passing is at times incredible. His ability to get out of tight spots Dembele-esque. Im a huge fan already.

Back