• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does Pochettino watch our games?

Not a fan of this formation. It leaves us vulnerable defensively as we cannot cover the width of the pitch in midfield, as well as narrow offensively, and there are too many players on the pitch who are not likely to create or score a goal.
Can’t even use the excuse of preparing for life without Eriksen as he’s part of the bloody diamond.

At least one of Moura Alli or Lamela would have been a better option going forwards. If things go to brick we might see them coming on around the 85th minute

Didn't even have a chance to play formation bingo?

Gonna go for touches in the box for Kane instead.......

Bloody diamond. And against a weaker team at home, we play 3 midfielders who realistically arent going to threaten the box much and will be unlikely to get many more than say 5 goals per season (or 1 for Sissoko). Meanwhile, Dele, Lucus and Lamela sit on the bench.

Just dont get his obsession with this formation. It weakens us from an attacking perspective and just doesnt suit the players

This is ridiculous, this formation hasn't worked once for us this season - it hasn't allowed us to dominate games, create numerous chances and prevent hardly any chances being created against us.

I think he’s a bit like a suicidal man these days. I dont think he’s overly enjoying or passionate at being our manager anymore and knows his stock is nice and high to spend some time out of management and then get a top job when he’s ready.

I think thats why he feels little pressure to switch to 4231 which he knows works.

He is being insanely stubborn and is determined to be proved right with this diamond. Everything is up in the air now with this game and all that follows. We have too many attacking players in the squad that wont get game time playing this system.

This is definitely going to cost us top 4. We are not going to consistently get results playing this 11 and this system. Will poch get sacked hovering around 7th for most of the season and routinely being around 4-6 points of the top 4, when this squad should be comfortably in third?

Even if levy acts around December time, there is no guarantee alegri or anyone else will be able to make the difference up.

This season is basically written off now for me and whoever the new man is can hopefully get us back in the top 4 by the end of next season.

If he insists on the diamond, he simply must play a genuine DM like Dier to allow the full backs to push on. Madness in my opinion not to.

Even some piratical magic in starting the OMT might not be enough, but let’s all hope so for all our sakes.

Believe me hearties ! Oh arrgggg, oh arrggggg. Me shivers are timbering........

COYS

This will be 1-0 or 0-1, and as much as I love Eriksen who on form should be one of first names on the team sheet, dropping Lamela after his performance last week for a out of form Eriksen really sends out so many wrong messages.

I wonder whether his obssession with this formation stems from some of the top teams in Europe, Barca Man C, Liverpool etc, playing with 3 midfielders? Problem is that WInks, Sissoko and Ndombele dont give the right balance in there together. They all want to be very central and none really support attacks that much

Its really sad seeing Poch’s time crumble to an end like this.

It didnt need to be like this but sadly he’s completely lost his way now, which has also been shown by his routinely bizarre public comments.

I think the best outcome is that ogs gets sacked and man utd pay the compensation.

He could do very well their but that doesnt mean he is the right fit for us anymore.

He could so easily be right for us still but something is clearly not right with him anymore and for me it would be best if he just left.

Eriksen doesn't deserve a start by a long long way, and most certainly not ahead of Lamela.

Could this be Poch giving him enough rope to hang himself? Or is it just more questionable management?

Lamela must be spitting feathers

I wonder whether his obssession with this formation stems from some of the top teams in Europe, Barca Man C, Liverpool etc, playing with 3 midfielders? Problem is that WInks, Sissoko and Ndombele dont give the right balance in there together. They all want to be very central and none really support attacks that much

Yet we could play 433 easily with our squad, 4231 is optimum, but 433 works too if we played it consistently and got used to it.

.................Dier/Skipp/Wanyama/Ndombele
Ndombele/Eriksen/LoCelso.......Alli/Winks/Sissoko

.Moura/Lamela/Lo Celso..........Son/Alli/Moura

.......................Kane/Parrott/Son

I am not sure that line-up is going to get us a much-needed win.

Hope to high heaven I am proved wrong. I fear a long afternoon. 1-1. or maybe even a late winner for them 1-2 as we change formation late on to try and force the winner at 1-1

Probably wont be a bad thing if The Anal stuff man utd on monday, which should hopefully lead to ogs getting sacked and then them coming for poch.

Back