• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Since when does losing out on a fee, though no fault of our own, equate to failure?

And Poch doesnt have to deal with those players at all, not if he doesnt want to.

If the clubs loses out on millions but the player gets his wishes then everyone's happy?

It's a failure on our part that this is the outcome, no?

HOW'S THE MOOD?

"It’s okay. We feel disappointed because we expect to win the last three games and we haven’t.

"We deserved to beat Leicester, it is amazing that we didn’t win. And Colchester, we are disappointed when you play a League Two and don’t go through, you cannot be happy.

"That is the beauty of the cup. We must try to turn this to a positive dynamic."

POCH: WE MUST FIX 'DAMAGE'

"Damage has happened that we need to fix. We are, at the moment, fixing problems to try to be better and get the results we expect. To win the games.

"We are not so far away. Our performances are not as bad as the feeling creates. I am sure that we are going to start to win games. We need to find the solution."

POCH: DRESSING ROOM IS UNITED

"We are united. We talking and trying to work harder, being strong. Of course, we understand football very well. We are not young people managing a club.

"We know very well that when you do not win, it is important to have the balance and not be affected by rumours. We have to try to manage this type of situation and help the player to feel free.

"We need to create a good atmosphere and energy. In some games that we were leading like Arsenal, Leicester, Olympiakos we didn’t keep the result we expect but the performances have been similar or better than last season.

"We have to try to keep calm and help the players to perform. We have quality players."

POCH: I AM SO RELAXED

So Poch, is this the most difficult period of your Spurs tenure?

"No. The most difficult was the first season. A few seasons were tough in some periods. I am so relaxed. I become more relaxed in these ‘tough’ moments. Because in the end, it is only one result.

"If we beat Leicester, where we deserved to win – three points more and we are third in the table and all are talking about a fantastic season, fantastic performance, what quality players, what amazing coaching staff and manager.

"We are winning games and we are third. That is only one game. The line is so thin that can mean one of the other. Sometimes that happens in football. We will never give up and keep working hard."

POCH COY ON JANUARY SIGNINGS

"I am happy. We have the squad that we have and now we need to perform with the squad that we have. My responsibility is to create that dynamic that makes us together and start to perform in the way that we want. It is more about the result. We didn’t get the results that we expect."

POCH ON DANIEL LEVY

"We move on. From the summer, we move on. We were together in Milan at the FIFA awards. It was a very nice time to spend together and talk about many things. If we were not in a good way we would not have a good relationship, to spend time together."

'WE DESERVE TO BE CRITICISED'

"During my five years it has all been praise for Tottenham and now we deserve to be criticised, and we accept that.

"Sometimes critics can make you realise you need to wake up. We need to have the possibility to evolve.

"I am so relaxed because you cannot live together in happiness because up and downs happen. In football, more than in life."

POCH PRAISES SPURS FANS

"The fans are right to criticise. The fans are the only people who you need to accept criticism from and not complain. They are always right to express their feelings and emotions.

"The fans are emotional, they want to win, they love the club, the players and sometimes the coaching staff.

"But of course, you can say nothing about the fans. They keep alive the game - that is so beautiful. That is why they are always right to give their opinion."

EDIT:
POCH: I'M THE RIGHT MAN FOR SPURS

“Yes, I believe I am. If I didn’t think I was, you would have found out quickly.”

Well at least he is saying the right things (for today anyway!)

If the clubs loses out on millions but the player gets his wishes then everyone's happy?

It's a failure on our part that this is the outcome, no?

No. Its life, it happens.

If the player wants to leave, we are powerless. We have no failed, because we were never in with a chance to succeed.

As I said with Eriksen - take him at his word and there is literally nothing we could have done to change the outcome.

How can that be a failure?

That doesn't explain how it represents a failure on the part of the club. The fact we won't see a return on the player(s) is annoying and frustrating, and no doubt amusing to fans of other clubs, but that doesn't make it a failure. If there's nothing you can do, then you can't have failed to do it, can you?

Well we don't know the details of the discussions of the club, players and agents, but we can see the outcome and it's not really great from where I'm sitting...

We've failed to either extend their contracts or gain a fee for them ....

No. Its life, it happens.

If the player wants to leave, we are powerless. We have no failed, because we were never in with a chance to succeed.

As I said with Eriksen - take him at his word and there is literally nothing we could have done to change the outcome.

How can that be a failure?

Okay, we didn't fail :cool:

HOW'S THE MOOD?

"It’s okay. We feel disappointed because we expect to win the last three games and we haven’t.

"We deserved to beat Leicester, it is amazing that we didn’t win. And Colchester, we are disappointed when you play a League Two and don’t go through, you cannot be happy.

"That is the beauty of the cup. We must try to turn this to a positive dynamic."

POCH: WE MUST FIX 'DAMAGE'

"Damage has happened that we need to fix. We are, at the moment, fixing problems to try to be better and get the results we expect. To win the games.

"We are not so far away. Our performances are not as bad as the feeling creates. I am sure that we are going to start to win games. We need to find the solution."

POCH: DRESSING ROOM IS UNITED

"We are united. We talking and trying to work harder, being strong. Of course, we understand football very well. We are not young people managing a club.

"We know very well that when you do not win, it is important to have the balance and not be affected by rumours. We have to try to manage this type of situation and help the player to feel free.

"We need to create a good atmosphere and energy. In some games that we were leading like Arsenal, Leicester, Olympiakos we didn’t keep the result we expect but the performances have been similar or better than last season.

"We have to try to keep calm and help the players to perform. We have quality players."

POCH: I AM SO RELAXED

So Poch, is this the most difficult period of your Spurs tenure?

"No. The most difficult was the first season. A few seasons were tough in some periods. I am so relaxed. I become more relaxed in these ‘tough’ moments. Because in the end, it is only one result.

"If we beat Leicester, where we deserved to win – three points more and we are third in the table and all are talking about a fantastic season, fantastic performance, what quality players, what amazing coaching staff and manager.

"We are winning games and we are third. That is only one game. The line is so thin that can mean one of the other. Sometimes that happens in football. We will never give up and keep working hard."

POCH COY ON JANUARY SIGNINGS

"I am happy. We have the squad that we have and now we need to perform with the squad that we have. My responsibility is to create that dynamic that makes us together and start to perform in the way that we want. It is more about the result. We didn’t get the results that we expect."

POCH ON DANIEL LEVY

"We move on. From the summer, we move on. We were together in Milan at the FIFA awards. It was a very nice time to spend together and talk about many things. If we were not in a good way we would not have a good relationship, to spend time together."

'WE DESERVE TO BE CRITICISED'

"During my five years it has all been praise for Tottenham and now we deserve to be criticised, and we accept that.

"Sometimes critics can make you realise you need to wake up. We need to have the possibility to evolve.

"I am so relaxed because you cannot live together in happiness because up and downs happen. In football, more than in life."

POCH PRAISES SPURS FANS

"The fans are right to criticise. The fans are the only people who you need to accept criticism from and not complain. They are always right to express their feelings and emotions.

"The fans are emotional, they want to win, they love the club, the players and sometimes the coaching staff.

"But of course, you can say nothing about the fans. They keep alive the game - that is so beautiful. That is why they are always right to give their opinion."

EDIT:
POCH: I'M THE RIGHT MAN FOR SPURS

“Yes, I believe I am. If I didn’t think I was, you would have found out quickly.”

Well at least he is saying the right things (for today anyway!)
Thats the type of soundbites I need to hear, hes thinking positive and looking to the future and bigger picture. Poch to stay for a good while yet....

Well we don't know the details of the discussions of the club, players and agents, but we can see the outcome and it's not really great from where I'm sitting...

We've failed to either extend their contracts or gain a fee for them ....

Nothing you can do, so you can't have failed to do it. You're barking up the wrong tree, anyway. If there's a criticism possible, it's not that we couldn't either sell or agree new contracts, it's that we didn't take steps sooner to mitigate that by adding to the squad.

Last edited:
Can’t remember who posted but someone said from the outside looking in it appears as though he takes it personally when players don’t sign contract offers. He comes across as a sensitive guy and wears his heart on his sleeve. Probably very hard to change that now but there’s not many professions where acting with your emotions leads to success.

Pleased to see the quotes from above though. If we win the next 4 games then we will be back in business.

Maybe? Or maybe he just needs/needed to keep on top of things? Keep the standards up, the drive/inspiration/whatever?

Its that that is really bothering me, he has seemingly just dropped the ball.

Agreed on the second, maybe not the first.

Reminds me very much of the Redknapp appointment, and I think there are some similarities in both situation and potential manager.

Little snippets suggest Levy has a good relationship with Mourinho. Probably going back to when we were trying to get him ahead of Chelsea in 2004.

A bit like Levy and Redknapp always being pals.

Could be he feels he can reign Mourinhos tendencies in a bit, like he did Ole 'Arry...

Not really arguing the point, more the timescale. I see little reason why we cant be seeing signs of Poch 2.0 already, instead of the absolute disarray we currently are seeing.
When did Poch 2.0 start in your eyes?

And Poch doesnt have to deal with those players at all, not if he doesnt want to.

Then you look at a situation no manager has done in world football above one player and thats bomb three and explain it away to fans like us who will moan if Poch plays them or moan if he don't.

Lets not forget despite all of us on here sharing our rants and raves Poch is still the most qualified man to manage SPurs above us and if he can't make it work the way we want to there is nothing on any of our own CVs to suggest we are right.

Its all theory and BS

When did Poch 2.0 start in your eyes?

Poch the whiny bitch losing a grip on the team? Toward the end of last season Id say.

Id rather see the Poch we used to have looking for revolution/evolution, with a target in mind and drive to get there.

His comments today speak to that, would be nice to see signs against SCBC that its being implemented...

Then you look at a situation no manager has done in world football above one player and thats bomb three and explain it away to fans like us who will moan if Poch plays them or moan if he don't.

Lets not forget despite all of us on here sharing our rants and raves Poch is still the most qualified man to manage SPurs above us and if he can't make it work the way we want to there is nothing on any of our own CVs to suggest we are right.

Its all theory and BS

Bomb which three? Who actually needs it?

Seems to me, at least, both Rose and Vertonghen are doing their jobs. Alderweireld is underperforming, and Eriksen is embarrasing himself.

If the latter two are causing problems we can cope without them, quite comfortably, and there is no need to allow that influence to continue.

If need be, Poch could explain this, I doubt anyone would complain.

I get annoyed with the "X knows better" argument. Its weak and dismissive. Im sure Poch knows much more about football, let alone the specifics of Spurs, than I ever will. Doesnt mean he is making the best/right/proper decisions though, does it?

It is of course all theory and BS, what else are forums for?

Does anybody care how he is feeling as long as we beat Southampton?

I do. I want him to be feeling full of fire, commitment, and desire to push things on. Alongside that I want him to be having a great time doing it so he sticks around a long time.

And Id be happy if we ended up losing to SCBC, but showing the shoots of recovery to our best form.

Though honestly I think if we started getting back to our best selves we would win the game anyway ;)

Poch the whiny bitch losing a grip on the team? Toward the end of last season Id say.

Id rather see the Poch we used to have looking for revolution/evolution, with a target in mind and drive to get there.

His comments today speak to that, would be nice to see signs against SCBC that its being implemented...

Bomb which three? Who actually needs it?

Seems to me, at least, both Rose and Vertonghen are doing their jobs. Alderweireld is underperforming, and Eriksen is embarrasing himself.

If the latter two are causing problems we can cope without them, quite comfortably, and there is no need to allow that influence to continue.

If need be, Poch could explain this, I doubt anyone would complain.

I get annoyed with the "X knows better" argument. Its weak and dismissive. Im sure Poch knows much more about football, let alone the specifics of Spurs, than I ever will. Doesnt mean he is making the best/right/proper decisions though, does it?

It is of course all theory and BS, what else are forums for?
Sorry mate my Poch 2.0 refers to the reinvention of the team .......'the new project'.

Was asking when you thought that started as you said you were expecting to see some progress by now.

Sorry mate my Poch 2.0 refers to the reinvention of the team .......'the new project'.

Was asking when you thought that started as you said you were expecting to see some progress by now.

I dont really see it as a start/stop situation, evolution never really works that way.

Though, that being said, I expected this season to represent something of a fresh start. Not necessarily Poch 2.0, but shaking off the way we went through last season and getting back to something more akin to "proper" Spurs.

Then, given the Eriksen and co situations, the need for NDombele etc to settle in, I expect something of a transition through this season.

Instead we seem to have taken last seasons Spurs and deteriorated.

Rose was left at home in the summer with Aurier to discover new opportunities, if you don't think that its not ideal to rely on two player's in the Prem that in the summer were left out of the pre season squad for that reason then there is no help for you.

You can't replace 10+ goals and 15+ assists a season that easy, Eriksen needs dropping which is easy, can we replace him now? No chance, Toby is our best Centre Half and the issue with Jan means we lost both our best Centre halves if you don't play them or you play them and they crap the bed which has happened both ways so far this season.

And the part you ignore is on the other side there are other players he does not want.

Now you can try and say its easy but its obviously not and as I have said before what club has bombed one player for a season let alone two three or four? No one I can barely name a club thats won a power battle like that, if you can please offer it up.

We don't need a Dostoievski style response either or at least I don't

And sorry if you find it upsetting but neither of us know or could do as well as Poch in this situation, I can live with that reality, if you can't then thats on you

Back