• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Probably best to stop bringing politics into the forum with little comments here and there mate.

Not everyone thinks the same on such things and this is a forum for thfc not a platform for you to make little political digs to perk yourself up!

We were talking about the characteristics of people, not their politics.

Nice comparison, and probably quite appropriate.

I think Mourinho would be kryptonite to our club. The antithesis of everything we have built up.

Allegri Im 50/50 on. Undeniable success, good and bad elements as a coach. If he came in Id be cautiously optimistic, rather than over the moon kind of thing...

To be honest Id be much more into a manager from the other end of the scale, get in someone like Ten Haag who is producing some excellent football, see what he can do with a squad like ours...
Levy would never hire him.

And besides the way Levy operates is not aligned with Mourinho.

At the end of the day its the end of a cycle, the changes probably are needed to some extent, you don't bring in a new manager and all of a sudden they fancy Wanyama and Co and Eriksen, Toby and Jan sign a new contract which if people above are to be believed would be the case.

I think this is true in the modern game ...Gone are the days where a player will rack up 300 plus games playing for one club, whilst players running down contracts will be prevalent..

Its an interesting point, this January business.

If the point is to get rid of those who are unsettled, I see no reason why they should be effecting the squad now. Bin them off already.

If the point is we need to keep buying, then I have concerns about Pochs ability (or willingness) to utilise the squad he has. A squad that, while obviously can be improved (cant they all?) is also obviously of sufficient quality to be playing much better than it currently is.

But it is still early days for the new recruits, and he has the other younger squad members to intergrate/step up while still having to consider playing the experienced leavers. A bit of a shake out, direction change that may well take a few months. (although in his eyes s.hould of been well underway)

There could well be more new recruits January, but hopefully some of the old guard will move and some progress and a new nucleus of something good (Poch 2.0) will emerge.

They were all offered new improved contracts, Eriksen was being made one of the top three earners at the club.

Toby was reintroduced with some success, Eriksen has been reintroduced and tbh honest has been an empty shirt.

Yes, there contracts were on the table for them but there were no agreement, leaving a manager with a number of players in his squad running down their time at the club.

We needed to either agree extension to their contracts or had found new clubs for them and struck up deals, but not this....

I don't think it can be argued that it's anything but a failure for the club to find itself in this situation...

Gives us some insight though.

Genuinely communicating what he feels/sees.

It's more for himself that hed be better not opening up too much.

I don't care what he's thinking or feeling!
He is the Spurs football manager (coach or whatever;)!!!)
I don't give a tinker's stuff what goes on behind closed doors once the final whistle blows.
Do your pressers in a professional manner and above all don't whinge, jobs a good un!

Last edited:
Yes, there contracts were on the table for them but there were no agreement, leaving a manager with a number of players in his squad running down their time at the club.

We needed to either agree extension to their contracts or had found new clubs for them and struck up deals, but not this....

I don't think it can be argued that it's anything but a failure for the club to find itself in this situation...

We can find all tge clubs in world, if tge player doesn't want to move there except under his own conditions there is nothing we can do about it.
Eriksen for instance has very specific criteria for his move and until those are met we can do nothing.
This isn't down to the club or poch, it's the players excercising their right to look after themselves.

We've been round this mulberry bush several times. The player holds all the cards in this situation. If he isn't willing to be kept on the hook with salary increments, and just chooses to sit tight, there's nothing the club can do about it. They can't force him to move somewhere he doesn't want to go.

Yeah, I just think it's a bit of a case of familiarity breeding contempt; the price to be paid for not having freshened the squad up for too long. I still trust him to pull it round, but the sulking has got to stop, or that could run past its use-by date.

Maybe? Or maybe he just needs/needed to keep on top of things? Keep the standards up, the drive/inspiration/whatever?

Its that that is really bothering me, he has seemingly just dropped the ball.

Levy would never hire him.

And besides the way Levy operates is not aligned with Mourinho.

Agreed on the second, maybe not the first.

Reminds me very much of the Redknapp appointment, and I think there are some similarities in both situation and potential manager.

Little snippets suggest Levy has a good relationship with Mourinho. Probably going back to when we were trying to get him ahead of Chelsea in 2004.

A bit like Levy and Redknapp always being pals.

Could be he feels he can reign Mourinhos tendencies in a bit, like he did Ole 'Arry...

But it is still early days for the new recruits, and he has the other younger squad members to intergrate/step up while still having to consider playing the experienced leavers. A bit of a shake out, direction change that may well take a few months. (although in his eyes s.hould of been well underway)

There could well be more new recruits January, but hopefully some of the old guard will move and some progress and a new nucleus of something good (Poch 2.0) will emerge.

Not really arguing the point, more the timescale. I see little reason why we cant be seeing signs of Poch 2.0 already, instead of the absolute disarray we currently are seeing.

I don't care what he's thinking or feeling!
He is the Spurs football manager (coach or whatever;)!!!)
I don't give a tinker's stuff what goes on behind closed doors once the final whistle blows pitch.
Do your pressers in a professional manner and above all don't whinge, jobs a good un!

Yes Capt Manwaring!!

We can find all tge clubs in world, if tge player doesn't want to move there except under his own conditions there is nothing we can do about it.
Eriksen for instance has very specific criteria for his move and until those are met we can do nothing.
This isn't down to the club or poch, it's the players excercising their right to look after themselves.

We've been round this mulberry bush several times. The player holds all the cards in this situation. If he isn't willing to be kept on the hook with salary increments, and just chooses to sit tight, there's nothing the club can do about it. They can't force him to move somewhere he doesn't want to go.

Yeah I get all that - The players hold all the cards, hence my above reply to to @Grays_1890 post # 21344 ..

Many laughed at them lot down the road for losing Ramsey in this way and we'd also laugh at any of the other top clubs who'd lose their best players in this way.

It must be seen as a failure for any club to lose it's best players in this way, is all I'm saying.

It must be seen as a failure for any club to lose it's best players in this way, is all I'm saying.

Why?

If we are to take Eriksen at his word, he has ambitions that cannot be fulfilled at Spurs - no matter what they do.

He apparently wants to play in Spain, wants to experience a different way of life. Simple as that.

How can that possibly be a failure for our club?

Yeah I get all that - The players hold all the cards, hence my above reply to to @Grays_1890 post # 21344 ..

Many laughed at them lot down the road for losing Ramsey in this way and we'd also laugh at any of the other top clubs who'd lose their best players in this way.

You're confusing me. You agree there's nothing the club can do to prevent the situation, yet you still say it represents the club having failed. Failed to do what?

You're confusing me. You agree there's nothing the club can do to prevent the situation, yet you still say it represents the club having failed. Failed to do what?

Eriksen and our two center halves won't be here next season and we're not getting a penny for them.. If you don't see this as a financial loss then fair enough

Poch has to deal with players who will be leaving at the end of the season is a problem he can do without.

Eriksen and our two center halves won't be here next season and we're not getting a penny for them.. If you don't see this as a financial loss then fair enough

Poch has to deal with players who will be leaving at the end of the season is a problem he can do without.

Since when does losing out on a fee, though no fault of our own, equate to failure?

And Poch doesnt have to deal with those players at all, not if he doesnt want to.

That doesn't explain how it represents a failure on the part of the club. The fact we won't see a return on the player(s) is annoying and frustrating, and no doubt amusing to fans of other clubs, but that doesn't make it a failure. If there's nothing you can do, you can't have failed to do it, can you?

Last edited:
Back