• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Colchester Utd ***

Same old problems - we can't break down a packed deep-lying defence.

Well, if you pick 3 CMs none of whom are remotely creative then you won’t break down defences.

His selection last night was just stupid, and it’s concerning that he didn’t look at that line-up before he handed it to the match officials and think that it was too defensive and lacked creativity.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Well, if you pick 3 CMs none of whom are remotely creative then you won’t break down defences.

His selection last night was just stupid, and it’s concerning that he didn’t look at that line-up before he handed it to the match officials and think that it was too defensive and lacked creativity.
And this happens all too regularly so...........

That wasnt hard to predict wasnt it...better than losing in another semi final or final again and again.....feck sake.

In many respects it's not. To lose to City in a Semi is a lot different to losing to Colchester Utd and I'd sooner it was a semi loss than the embarrassment of last night.

Why play 3 CBs and 2 out and out defensive midfielders against a League 2 side

Once again his team selection was baffling

For me it's arrogance.

Basically using the match as a fitness / minutes exercise for whoever in the squad needs more time on the pitch.

They're a crap league 2 team so we'll win regardless right?

Same in the PL to an extent: picking teams for political reasons / keeping players happy that are playing badly / playing Sanchez at RB for some weird reason / Moura always first to be dropped.

We're not good enough to mess about all the time. Should just pick a team to win the match we are playing right now.

Once again we failed badly in trying to win a trophy. We are not going to win the League ' both City and Liverpool are better then us, and i doubt we will win the CL either. The only thing we have left is the FA Cup and if we fudge about we will end the season AGAIN without anything, i said on here a few years back that if we fail to win a trophy soon then players will get fed up and leave. Well Its happening, Toby, Eriksen,Rose are all looking towards the exit signs, Walker and Trippier have already gone.

Surely the smartest thing to do in these instances is to start the strongest team possible and if we are fortunate enough to go a couple of goals up, then sub off top players that need a rest. Tat was a really poor showing at Colchester and showed us that players like Oliver Skipp are way off the first team, Tanganga looked good though. Saturday is assuming a great importance, lose that and the media will be all over " crisis club Spurs".

Once again we failed badly in trying to win a trophy. We are not going to win the League ' both City and Liverpool are better then us, and i doubt we will win the CL either. The only thing we have left is the FA Cup and if we fudge about we will end the season AGAIN without anything, i said on here a few years back that if we fail to win a trophy soon then players will get fed up and leave. Well Its happening, Toby, Eriksen,Rose are all looking towards the exit signs, Walker and Trippier have already gone.

Those players who get fed up and want to leave are largely responsible for the lack of Trophy's, I can think of a few that need to step up to the plate.

...it’s concerning that Poch didn’t look at that line-up before he handed it to the match officials and think that it was too defensive and lacked creativity.

Exactly. Playing against 10 defenders... with only Alli and Moura as first team attackers... it was 2 vs 10, of course we didn't keep workin' the Gerken

Blessed be the mockers who do not believe in the Lord our saviour! For he truly has miracles like our beloved United of Colchester!
Let us pray now for our lost one Poch and trust that the Lord jeesy chrissy will guide him to eternal light.
Amen

FWIW... Crawley would have smashed us to pieces anyway

Everton v Watford

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Emirates Marketing Project v Southampton

Burton v Leicester

Crawley v Colchester

Chelsea v Manchester United

Oxford v Sunderland

Liverpool v Arsenal

Annoyed with this defeat but not really surprised. We have never been convincing in any League Cup or FA Cup matches under Pochettino. Remember we almost lost at home to Wycombe in the FA Cup in 2017. With Pochettino never rating domestic Cup matches, we were always in risk of humiliating defeats like this. We always had poor penalty shootout record in all the competitions. So losing on penalties to Colchester is hardly surprising. But our poor away record in domestic football is getting really bad. Since February, we have only won 2 away matches in all the competitions and both were against Borussia Dortmund and Ajax in the CL. Pochettino better do something to improve our away record if we want to achieve something this season.

Back