• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pirate55

The Last Man Standing 17/18
Right. Strongest possible team on Sat, no ifs no buts. No Eriksen and no Dele till they can prove they want it more.

I would go:

...................Lloris..................

.........Toby..................Verts...........

Sissoko/Aurier............Dier.................Rose

.............Winks........NDembele.........

Son..................Kane................ Lamela

Aurier/Sissoko and Rose to push forward down the wings and Dier to drop in between the centre halves when the full backs push on ( i.e. Much like he used to do), Ndemele let off the leash to get forward. Let's attack with a minimum of four or five players.

And please, pretty please, can we start at a high tempo with a full on press.

I applaud your bravery for starting the OMT, and share your optimism that Ndombele will turn out as well as Dembele.

Glad I saw this mate as I had created one too, a thunderous rally cry with pix of badgers and all sorts.

Brave man indeed and proud to stand next to you in trying to be first in on this most vital OMT (me that is, you got in!)...good stuff...this sort of team spirit augers well.

Will be interesting to see what Pochettino does at this point. Some massive decisions on formation and player selection. We don't know how the players are responding in training, I can only assume that will factor in, so difficult to make predictions.

For me getting back to basics would be good. 4-2-3-1, pick players showing some kind of form.

Sissoko/Aurier............Dier.................Rose

.............Winks........NDembele.........

2-3-2-3 wow

Lloris
Aurier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose
Ndombele, Winks
Lamela, Eriksen, Son
Kane

Gazzaniga, Sanchez, Walker-Peters, Dier, Sissoko, Dele, Lucas

Will be interesting to see what Pochettino does at this point. Some massive decisions on formation and player selection. We don't know how the players are responding in training, I can only assume that will factor in, so difficult to make predictions.

For me getting back to basics would be good. 4-2-3-1, pick players showing some kind of form.

The pressure on him is going to be intense .. I would not be surprised to see media speculation on how many games he has left to prove it now ..

The pressure on him is going to be intense .. I would not be surprised to see media speculation on how many games he has left to prove it now ..
At least there will be a change of focus away from who he will fudge off to when he's tired with us to what will he do to keep his job.

I would go:

Aurier............Dier.................Rose

.............Sissoko........NDembele.........

Right now I'd tell him to sign a new contract or he won't play again this season. There's no point continuing to build our team around a player who's planning to leave on a free in the summer. This season is going to be a painful one regardless.
This times a million. Plus any other player who doesn't want to sign. If the squad has different agendas, bin the players whose agenda isn't the same as the manager. We'll get just as good results overall playing the kids where necessary.

Media is being quite lenient on him as it goes. And the articles that are coming out are framed as a Tottenham problem rather than it being the manager somehow.

Guess it's all part of the narrative lining him up for greater things.

I think a bit of media pressure could actually work in our favour though. I can't think of a time since he's been in this country where Poch hasn't be universally adored. That's not a good thing in itself either to be surrounded by a chorus of voices telling you how great you are, people end up believing what they want to about themselves.

Back