• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Colchester Utd ***

The fact is that our squad is too thin, and we are paying a big price for the lack of investment. Where is the pace in our team? Where - apart from Ericksen - is the creativity?
Our first team would have won tonight but the starting 11 lacked quality. Ain't the managers fault.

That is so true we lack pace with players and are not moving the ball quickly enough.

But Poch loves his sideways passers like winks and sparks and Dier.

some good there yes, but then we have another game to play and be distracted by, some bad too

the more I think about it the more I think we sandbagged it, you don't let eriksen take a pen if you actually want to win

BBC are reporting an interesting reaction from Dier where he mouthed "that was embarrassing" coming off.

If they intentionally lost, they should all be utterly ashamed of themselves as professionals. I think the truth is that this is indicative of big problems at our club and we have a flaky manager with no history of turning this sort of situation around.

BBC are reporting an interesting reaction from Dier where he mouthed "that was embarrassing" coming off.

If they intentionally lost, they should all be utterly ashamed of themselves as professionals. I think the truth is that this is indicative of big problems at our club and we have a flaky manager with no history of turning this sort of situation around.

I don’t think we intentionally lost, but I do think the message that it didn’t matter if we did was loud and clear.

Dele tried very hard tonight almost too hard!
There were many rusty performances like his!
The result is no big deal in the big scheme of things but really is confirming the problems.

some good there yes, but then we have another game to play and be distracted by, some bad too

the more I think about it the more I think we sandbagged it, you don't let eriksen take a pen if you actually want to win

I can't agree - losing to the lowest ranked team left in the competition and that another game would hinder us ...

The same did cross my mind as Eriksen stepped up to take that penalty!

The fact is that our squad is too thin, and we are paying a big price for the lack of investment. Where is the pace in our team? Where - apart from Ericksen - is the creativity?
Our first team would have won tonight but the starting 11 lacked quality. Ain't the managers fault.

I was happy with the signings (I really wanted Fernandes aswell), however, we are looking weaker than last season. New players are making little or no impact. Look around Europe and the departures are fairing just fine.

I don’t think we intentionally lost, but I do think the message that it didn’t matter if we did was loud and clear.

Then the manager needs a good kick in the hole. This is going to ramp the pressure up on us and makes the players who did play look lousy.

There was very little to be gained from going out tonight.

I was happy with the signings (I really wanted Fernandes aswell), however, we are looking weaker than last season. New players are making little or no impact. Look around Europe and the departures are fairing just fine.

They've barely played to be fair.

Its no wonder the players don’t take any notice of what Poch says anymore. The brick he comes out with.

It's not the best team I've had

Maybe I'll manage Madrid one year

Winning trophies builds ego

What sort of brick does he come out with!

I’m lost for words with this club. We continue to embarrass ourselves.

There was a team tonight made up mainly of players with something to prove.

They were terrible and looked like they didn’t want to be there.

The whole attitude stinks.

The manager has to take the blame for the set up as well 3 attackers vs league 2 tripe.

To anyone who’s going to have a go at Poch sorry you’re wrong- I berated him for Saturday but today he did exactly what I wanted put a second string which shave been good enough to win tonight.

Losing on pens I can forgive the boys but not scoring one during the 90 mins it’s all on the boys.

Poch game then a chance but bought on the big guns but the team still did not do enough. But it’s down to those playing that they were not good enough- Poch was not to blame as far as I’m concerned.

Missing out on the Carabao cup is not the be all and end all- league performance is the primary concern.

Then the manager needs a good kick in the hole. This is going to ramp the pressure up on us and makes the players who did play look lousy.

There was very little to be gained from going out tonight.

yet absolutely nothing to be gained, in the grand scheme of things, by going though either

there is a great Steve jobs quote about focus, that he was as proud of some of the things he said no to as he was about the products they shipped

yet absolutely nothing to be gained, in the grand scheme of things, by going though either

there is a great Steve jobs quote about focus, that he was as proud of some of the things he said no to as he was about the products they shipped

What about the fact that we could have won a trophy though?

We're 10 points behind in the league already. CL looks a long way off. This is a trophy we had a chance of winning.

Even forgoing that. This was a chance to give young lads a chance, put some pressure on an underperforming first team. A platform to play them and lads who need to build fitness. A chance to build some momentum, keep the press of our backs a bit. A chance to put a win in the record books rather than have stats thrown at us reflecting how utterly crap we've been since January or thereabouts.

We f**ked it up and the downward spiral just got even more momentum.

Back