• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs vs Leicester City

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can i ask you what do you think of @BrainOfLevy post on this current formation yesterday: http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/mauricio-pochettino.6336/page-1049#post-1236987

Sorry to put you into the fire Brain, but, i'd love to see this further discussed...

It didn’t appear to be an end to end halter skelter game at Leceister, it felt like we were creating the better chances. Poch’s assessment was largely correct IMO. But as I said, I think fans will need to get comfortable with the fact that we create good chances on the break rather than controlling games through possession and having a lot of long shots. And our players need to be more clinical and composed when they get those better opportunities.

I think that if BoL’s assessment of what Poch is doing is accurate, then Poch is being unnecessarily too clever.

BoL seems to think there are some benefits to the diamond and some issues that can be ironed out.

I would ask is it all really worth it, because we deem it some Einstein moment to overcome sides pressing.....

I’d rather stick with high intensity football with a 4231 that yields near on complete domination of the football with the quality of our squad, hardly any misplaced passes, conceding hardly any chances and thus winning games like Saturday quite comfortably.

It’s just the system and formation that helps us dominate games
It helped us turnaround games too in Europe although I’m sure people will argue we played a special sausage formation or something ...

It didn’t appear to be an end to end halter skelter game at Leceister, it felt like we were creating the better chances. Poch’s assessment was largely correct IMO. But as I said, I think fans will need to get comfortable with the fact that we create good chances on the break rather than controlling games through possession and having a lot of long shots. And our players need to be more clinical and composed when they get those better opportunities.

We are not restricted to just long shots when we dominate games with the 4231. You are wrongly associating that system with when we play park the bus sides but playing your diamond against Saudi Sportswashing Machine would not have changed that.

Against palace we were not restricted to long shots and we were not restricted to long shots over recent years when we routinely bashed sides 4-0 and 5-0 whilst conceding hardly any chances and rarely misplacing a pass.

4231 on saturday would not have restricted us to long shots.

The diamond is way to open and gives a lack of control of the game, reduces us to a leicester, west ham level team and as a result if we stick with it, we are heading for loads of 2-2 games and some 2-1 to us and some losing 2-1.

This system will send us to hell aka the europa league and as a massive advocate of the system, seemingly based on too many hours humping football manager, you yourself should take your fair share of responsibility.

We are not restricted to just long shots when we dominate games with the 4231. You are wrongly associating that system with when we play park the bus sides but playing your diamond against Saudi Sportswashing Machine would not have changed that.

Against palace we were not restricted to long shots and we were not restricted to long shots over recent years when we routinely bashed sides 4-0 and 5-0 whilst conceding hardly any chances and rarely misplacing a pass.

4231 on saturday would not have restricted us to long shots.

The diamond is way to open and gives a lack of control of the game, reduces us to a leicester, west ham level team and as a result if we stick with it, we are heading for loads of 2-2 games and some 2-1 to us and some losing 2-1.

This system will send us to hell aka the europa league and as a massive advocate of the system, seemingly based on too many hours humping football manager, you yourself should take your fair share of responsibility.

I mean...that’s a lot of pretty confident and definitive assertions there. And I can only laugh at the last paragraph!

One of the main takeaways from all of this should be reinforcement around OMT etiquette and a flag as to the possible consequences of not following the rules.

Very annoyed with this defeat ! We have failed to defend the lead yet again and ended up losing. We did well to score first and had enough chances to kill the game off but failed to do so and got duly punished for it. The fact VAR ruled our goal offside for a 50-50 situation makes it more annoying. I think Pochettino got his substitutions wrong. Until the substitutions we looked solid but got unsettled after that.

Kane scored a brilliant goal but he also wasted 2 other chances. Son too should have done better with 2 other chances. Our failure to make use of this chances cost us dearly. Lamela played well and created our goal with an inch perfect pass to Son who then assisted the goal for Kane. That goal should have boosted our confidence to go on and win the match. Instead we were not clinical in front of goal. Eriksen looked poor after replacing Lamela. Moura didn't have much time to make an impact.

I think we lost this match in midfield. Our midfield were in control until Wanyama replaced Sissoko. Thought Wanyama would help us control the midfield. Instead, Wanyama was poor and we got unsettled after that. We tried to sell Wanyama just a few weeks ago. Not sure how Pochettino expected an out-of-favour player like Wanyama to give his best so soon. Maybe Dier should have replaced Sissoko instead.

Our defence conceded 2 poor goals. Our defence were ball-watching for both the goals. We had enough time to block both the shots but were too slow to react. It is really disappointing for Vertonghen and Alderweireld to concede goals like that. Maybe Gazzaniga should have reacted faster for both the goals as well.

With this defeat, we are now winless in 9 league matches away, which is our longest winless league away run since 2006. Pochettino better do something to improve our poor away form. We once had one of the best form in league matches away. But we now have one of the worst. We need to improve our league away form fast if we want to stay in the top 4 race.

They need to invent a new football phrase for what happened to us with the 2nd goal disallowed, same thing happened to chelsea a day later when it could have been 1-1 for them. You can't get a more deflating thing to happen, boost for the benefiting team, especially when they're at home. And of course it was the width of a fag paper. But saying that, you won't win many games if you keep conceding 2 each time. Our defenders with all their contract shenanigans are clearly not mentally all there, their equalizer was an absolute shambles. Madison is a top class player, Leicester won't be able to hold on to him for more than another season. Looking forward to seeing him in the world cup. I didn't realize our road record was so poor, that's often a sign of things not coming together somewhere and Lamela was rightly our MOM as he always puts in 110% but it also shows up the more skilled players who didnt give their all....

:oops:

Leicester 1:2
ARSEnal 2:2
Emirates Marketing Project 2:2
Bournemouth 0:1
Emirates Marketing Project 0:1
Pool 1:2
Southampton 1:2
Chavski 0:2
Burnley 1:2

Prior to that we’d won 11 out of 13 away games!
And to context them results
Leicester 1:2 VAR changed the game. Their a decent side and havent lost at home in 10 games I believe
ARSEnal 2:2 - we never win there and picked up a point more than last season
Emirates Marketing Project 2:2 - a great point even if it was lucky. I doubt anyone else will take ANY points there
Bournemouth 0:1 - we lost with 9 men. Those who stayed on were bloody unlucky
Emirates Marketing Project 0:1 - robbed of a penalty
Pool 1:2 - wasted chances and an OG to lose it
Southampton 1:2 - murdered them for 45 minutes and a 4 nil head star5 would have been right. Second half we crumbled
Chavski 0:2 - didnt turn up
Burnley 1:2 - they were the form side at the time and we were unlucky again

It’s why I am so baffled as to why he felt the need to change at all it with us one nil up. It was a change for changes sake that instantly made us weaker in two positions. Baffling!

I thought Leicester played better at Wembley last time out personally, under Puell strangely, when they lost. they were excellent that day but finishing let them down. They got lucky this time and let's face it- it was their turn.

It’s why I am so baffled as to why he felt the need to change at all it with us one nil up. It was a change for changes sake that instantly made us weaker in two positions. Baffling!

There is probably something in this broader thing of the fact that he is so keen to involve the senior players, have them feeling like a part of something if they haven’t moved on, as opposed to being ruthless as he did when he first joined.

I’m not entirely sure either why he’s doing it. Maybe it all blows over in a few weeks if we’re in better form. There’s a lot being written about our issues right now and last night was bad. It does feel to me that something is coming to a head, the constant talk of divisive agendas and a lack of togetherness leads to obvious questions about why he doesn’t do something about. Wanyama could have moved, but didn’t. He’s still here. Why are we giving him minutes in a tough away game hanging in the balance? I don’t know the answer.

Do not really disagree with that, however when it comes to him making changes he can not win. He is dammed if he does and dammed if he does not in the eyes of a lot of fans.

Do not really disagree with that, however when it comes to him making changes he can not win. He is dammed if he does and dammed if he does not in the eyes of a lot of fans.

As Ive been saying - when there is some rhyme and reason to it, even if people disagree, they are much more accepting.

When it just seems random, when it seems indefensible, people do react and I can well see why.

As Ive been saying - when there is some rhyme and reason to it, even if people disagree, they are much more accepting.

When it just seems random, when it seems indefensible, people do react and I can well see why.

I hear what you are saying but you know as well as i do there are lots of fans who moan about what team is picked before the game even kicks off ( not saying you are one). I very rarely get in match threads ( at games) but if you do go and read them the first few pages after the team selection are full of moans and groans about this player or that player.

This usually continues during the game and wanting this or that player bought on/off. Mangers can never win with some fans.

All true, but there is a scale of these things.

I think grumbling about selections is a rather different (and lighter) thing than the conversations around Pochs performance the last few days (weeks?)

Back