• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Colchester Utd ***

Gazzaniga - KWP, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies - Dier, Ndombele - Dele, Eriksen, Moura - Parrott

Whiteman, Tanganga, Winks, Sissoko, Lamela, Son, Kane

1-5 (Parrott 3, Moura, Dele)

That looks about right to me, potentially with Foyth somewhere in the mex if he's fit enough. KWP, Dier, Ndombele and Dele all need game time

Team will much depend on who is fit, with question marks over Sanchez, KWP, Dele, Sessegnon, Foyth and Sissoko. If all are fit would go with:

Gazza: KWP, Sanchez, Davies, Sessegnon; Dier, Skipp; Dele, Eriksen, Moura; Parrot

Then a few experienced players such as Sissoko, Verts, Son and Lamela on the bench with Foyth, Tanganga + a keeper. But please no Kane

Rubbish
The usual suspects are having early season blips
The ones that were meant to step up look good on occasions and the falter
We have had 3 of the hardest away games you can get and it’s shown

This "blip" sadly has a history stretching back a long long time for a "blip's" normal life expectancy.

Play the same team twice (as U21 fixture is also against Colchester 2 wks later).

Trust in the future !

Prediction: rotation of 6+ players, expect to just turn up to win, and scrap through after a lot of sideways passing.

[Haha - just realised how miserable I sound :) ]

On the positive side: really hope to see Dier play!!

Any injury updates yet?

I assume Lo Celso is still miles off. Any chance of seeing Sessegnon?

Fully expect a very changed team. Probably Skipp to start, hopefully Dier. Would be good to know who is actually available though

I don't understand the contempt for the so called "lesser" cups. I mean, if I were a professional footballer, I would love to win *something*. You can only play for one team at a time, and participate in a given amount of relevant cups per season (the silly make-believe preseason cups excepted). I can understand that we as fans look at statistics, history and weigh trophies against each other, but I simply refuse to believe that a professional athlete would think like that, especially if you have won none of them. If so, he or she is only interested in money and have no love for their craft or competition. I don't think that a professional likes to have an empty shelf and nothing to show for his or her prime after being one of the best in the world, in the most popular sport in the world, in what they do. Except maybe Assou-Ekotto? I would assume that they don't give two sh*ts that the league or FA cup is lesser than the Champions League, every top team bar Emirates Marketing Project would have to field most of their first teamers to win any trophy, at least from the quarters on. If nobody does, you have those situations where the likes of Wigan and such win it, which is rather the exception than the rule. The fans may not remember who won the league cup in 20-whatever, but the players who won it sure as hell do.

I'm not saying we should go all in for every cup, but we should approach them with respect. We are not the Manchester United of the 90's and 00's or the Liverpool before them, who won everything. Spurs have won 2 league cups in nearly 30 years. That's all we have. And in the same time won once at Anfield, and suddenly it's Champions/Premier League or bust while we can't beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine. I really don't think we can afford to be too picky about it.

Great post and i have said the same thing before on here, sadly there are a few who think we/they are too good to think about winning certain trophys. I have ( because of work) met a lot of players and one of the things they are proud of ( and never stop talking about) is the number of medals they have won and that included ALL trophys.

I can only think that some of those who look down their noses at some medals have never taken part in serious sport, and i do not include park football as serious sport.

Any injury updates yet?

I assume Lo Celso is still miles off. Any chance of seeing Sessegnon?

Fully expect a very changed team. Probably Skipp to start, hopefully Dier. Would be good to know who is actually available though

ICYMI... Parrott and Tanganga are not in the U23 squad tonight...

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...-raindrops and roses and whiskers on kittens/

Mauricio Pochettino has no fresh injury concerns ahead of Tuesday night’s Carabao Cup tie at Colchester United.

As was the case prior to Saturday’s Premier League clash with Leicester, summer signing Giovani Lo Celso is continuing on-field rehabilitation after sustaining a hip injury on international duty with Argentina earlier this month.

Fellow new arrival Ryan Sessegnon also continues to be monitored while he continues his rehabilitation from a hamstring problem.

ICYMI... Parrott and Tanganga are not in the U23 squad tonight...

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...-raindrops and roses and whiskers on kittens/

Mauricio Pochettino has no fresh injury concerns ahead of Tuesday night’s Carabao Cup tie at Colchester United.

As was the case prior to Saturday’s Premier League clash with Leicester, summer signing Giovani Lo Celso is continuing on-field rehabilitation after sustaining a hip injury on international duty with Argentina earlier this month.

Fellow new arrival Ryan Sessegnon also continues to be monitored while he continues his rehabilitation from a hamstring problem.

Poch also said it'll be a mix tomorrow night, and include a number of younger players who deserve a shot at trying to get into the CL and PL team

We SHOULd be able to win comfortably tomorrow no matter what the starting XI; but this is a good opportunity to rotate a number of players including KWP, dAvies, dier (probably at CB), Lucas, Skipp, Wanyama.

This game SHOULd be a formality; its not even as if the stadium creates a hostile atmosphere like Newport or Rochdale.

However, lets not forget winning a cup boils down to having good strength in depth and a hell of a lot of luck....IF we win tomorrow we are likely to go into a last 16 with Man C, Man U, Liverpool, Woolwich, Chelsea, Leicester, Wolves, West Ham and Everton. The 4th round tie will fall smack in the middle of 2 league games on Merseyside with CL games with red Star Belgrade either side of those. I can tell you know which fixture will be 5th on Poch list of priorities and with some justification. So, just bear in mind the team he picks for any potential 4th round tie will probably be of similar strength to the team that is selected tomorrow. We just have to hope that luck is on our side (as it was in our run to the final in 2015).

No one who is going to play on Saturday should be in this team, Ali maybe for match fitness But that’s it.

Give the second string a run out as we have some good back up players- Troy definitely in for Kane. these players have a point to prove to poch, more so than the current first team choices, and so likely to get a better result.

No one who is going to play on Saturday should be in this team, Ali maybe for match fitness But that’s it.

Give the second string a run out as we have some good back up players- Troy definitely in for Kane. these players have a point to prove to poch, more so than the current first team choices, and so likely to get a better result.

I dont think there's a problem playing a small number (2-3) who would also play on Saturday - there's 3-4 days between games - however I agree that we have a number who need game time and a couple youngsters who it would be great to see

I would go semi strongish, I’m not sure I would start Parrott, but a strong start couple of goals and hopefully get the game effectively over inside 30 minutes and see him play the second half, only other question mark for me is to give Tanganga a game, I have liked what I have seen of him so far and if Sanchez can’t be the senior CB next to him against a league two team well enough said, Davies, Ndombele, Eriksen and Alli all need at minimum 70 minutes if not the whole 90 in the bag.

......................Gazza

KWP...........Sanchez....Verts/Tanganga.......Davies

...................Dier..........Ndombele

.......Moura..........Eriksen................Dele

...........,...,,,,,,,Parrott/Son

Back