• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I agree but basically when you boil it down poor team selection is leading to poor tactics which is leading to poor performances = bad results.

As hard as it is to admit and again I don’t want him gone who is blame?

I think he is trying to force things with the team
We smashed palace playing a tried and tested methodology
We need to get back to basics and he is the man to make that call
But yesterday for me was a decent performance

I agree again but then what happens yesterday if we played the tried and tested, I think we have three points in the bag, which goes back to that scary stat 19 points from 17 games, it’s absolutely where our performances are at.

When I watch him he just doesn't look like he wants to be here.

Last edited:
When I watch him he just doesn't look like he wants to be with us!

Ah the older body language thing...
I never worry about how anyone appears only in what they “deliver”
He looked fine last Saturday for example
Yesterday he looked ok but also under a bit of pressure

Just hypothetically imagine the current Poch was a new manger replacing the one we all want back, the first four months the performances and results where the same as last year, poor but getting results, then the slump happened there was no new stadium and VAR wasn’t a thing so we would have been out of the champions league to City (just to take away what the run papered over), what would the attitude be then without the previous four years of love, because this is why it’s tearing me apart thinking about it the two periods are like two different managers.

He may have promised his family a move back to Spain and he is getting pressure from that direction!
We just don't know what is behind this summers discontent

There's a current rut at the club which needs to be rectified, and quickly. Obviously none of us has any idea what is going on but we can see it is affecting Poch. No desire to see him leave and I have confidence that he and the club can get us back to performing at our potential, which is still extremely high with the squad and coaching team we have.

However, if he plays that fudging diamond or unbalanced three-man midfield formation one more time....
Pretty accurately sums up my feelings on the issue.

I don't want him to go and he certainly shouldn't be going anywhere yet. But if he's incapable of turning this brick around then someone else will have to.

Yeah he is offside according to a video system that clearly isn’t fit for purpose

That’s the issue

If the margin of error was 1/2% then great... it’s about 20% of a human or a shoulder ... see the issue?
The video accuracy is better than someone's eyes in real time. VAR is significantly more fit for purpose than that, even if you think it's not good enough.

No matter what system we use, there will always be an arbitrary set of rules in the middle ground to determine that we're not sure of. With the naked eye, it was a clear gap (something that was only used for about three weeks) - with VAR it's stop the frame as close to contact with the ball you can and put the lines where you think they are correct.

No it's not perfect, but it's significantly better than we had and by the look of the evidence VAR is more likely to have got it right than wrong.

The video accuracy is better than someone's eyes in real time. VAR is significantly more fit for purpose than that, even if you think it's not good enough.

No matter what system we use, there will always be an arbitrary set of rules in the middle ground to determine that we're not sure of. With the naked eye, it was a clear gap (something that was only used for about three weeks) - with VAR it's stop the frame as close to contact with the ball you can and put the lines where you think they are correct.

No it's not perfect, but it's significantly better than we had and by the look of the evidence VAR is more likely to have got it right than wrong.

Except of course VAR has an error factor of 4inches
So you can never now be level for offside

that was the case before VAR, but now we have a reduced grey area

players now know exactly how much margin of error they need to allow for when making a run

But with Var if two players run in the opposite direction the margin increases
A lino can allow for that as he is human

But the person using the machine is what?
Human
Their making judgement off a freeze frame that isn’t as fast as the real game
That’s a fact

which is better than making judgement off of what a human being thought they saw

we’ve had human officiating in football for a century, and it’s been a car crash, we have to do better, and if this improves decision accuracy by even just 0.1% it’s worth it

anyway, the disallowed goal is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, we were crap, didn’t make enough chances and gave up far too many, I’m far more concerned with the continued lack of effort from our players and coaching staff

It's possible to have a system that interpolates between frames and provides proper confidence estimates to inform the decision. You still need it to be synced with the ball being played forward, though, which is more difficult. You could put an accelerometer in the ball or something, and have it emit a time signal, but I'm confident none of that will happen and they will continue to take the view that pretend certainty trumps any kind of equivocation. That just reflects a wider cultural issue. And most people seem to think precision and accuracy are the same thing.

Last edited:
which is better than making judgement off of what a human being thought they saw

we’ve had human officiating in football for a century, and it’s been a car crash, we have to do better, and if this improves decision accuracy by even just 0.1% it’s worth it

anyway, the disallowed goal is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, we were crap, didn’t make enough chances and gave up far too many, I’m far more concerned with the continued lack of effort from our players and coaching staff

But offsides were 98% accurate before
It’s a tiny margin they may gain for massive disruption in the game with fallible tech

And they won’t use it for fouls in the area where refs need genuine help and get a lot more wrong

But offsides were 98% accurate before
It’s a tiny margin they may gain for massive disruption in the game with fallible tech

And they won’t use it for fouls in the area where refs need genuine help and get a lot more wrong

I think it’s being implemented very badly, but the technology is sound and it’s imperative that officiating is improved.

I think it’s being implemented very badly, but the technology is sound and it’s imperative that officiating is improved.

The tech isn’t sound
That’s the issue
It has a margin of error that is almost 20% of a players body width
That’s obscene

There is an easy fix... if the lines drawn overlap your onside as that’s the margin of error and level

Back