• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs vs Leicester City

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If we lose 0-1 to Soton.
I would not be shocked to see Levy act

I think if that ever unfortunately becomes a realistic possibility we will start to have leaks/stories from the clubs favoured/trusted media outlets/journos for a week or two leading up to the game just as an act to sow the seeds with the fans.

I think if that ever unfortunately becomes a realistic possibility we will start to have leaks/stories from the clubs favoured/trusted media outlets/journos for a week or two leading up to the game just as an act to sow the seeds with the fans.

sadly that ”what's up with Pochettino and Spurs?” garbage is increasing this weekend.

sadly that ”what's up with Pochettino and Spurs?” garbage is increasing this weekend.

I haven’t seen anything I don’t do social media, I avoided all the press yesterday and have been round the in laws all morning and only distracting myself on this place on my phone, if that’s the case then that is concerning but at the same time not surprising.

I like the way everyone's preferred team has Kane upfront alone and any combination of players behind him. Mainly in a 4-2-3-1.

Unfortunately doesn't look like we'll play that way anytime soon.

I haven’t seen anything I don’t do social media, I avoided all the press yesterday and have been round the in laws all morning and only distracting myself on this place on my phone, if that’s the case then that is concerning but at the same time not surprising.
mainly tv news and the like
don't do social media either only antisocial media like this place

I like the way everyone's preferred team has Kane upfront alone and any combination of players behind him. Mainly in a 4-2-3-1.

Unfortunately doesn't look like we'll play that way anytime soon.

Kane is arguably our best passer, likes to throw himself into a challenge and has a similar build to Dembele... so perhaps he’ll also evolve from being a forward into a CMF!

I finally got a chance to watch the match and tbh the team as a whole functioned well. Leicester aimed to play on the counter attack which is something we are weak against, but they hardly ever cut us open with great incisive football. We restricted them to few really good chances whilst on the other hand we passed through them really well. Winks, Lamela and N'dombele all worked really well in reading eachothers movements and capitalising on the space that was made whilst Kane and Son worked their back four.

Poch needs to redirect his energies into finding us a strong defensive shape. I'm happy with the diamond in some ways, but defensively it leaves us open, especially if we are wanting our FB's to be forward creating our width.

It was brick that we lost, I dislike the VAR decision as it's been made on the basis of a couple of mm which is debatable unlike their non goal which was a clear offside. Other decisions that tinkled me off were when Sissoko got a yellow for winning the ball but following on into Maddision but Evans doing the same to Kane and it being called good old fashioned CB play.

I finally got a chance to watch the match and tbh the team as a whole functioned well. Leicester aimed to play on the counter attack which is something we are weak against, but they hardly ever cut us open with great incisive football. We restricted them to few really good chances whilst on the other hand we passed through them really well. Winks, Lamela and N'dombele all worked really well in reading eachothers movements and capitalising on the space that was made whilst Kane and Son worked their back four.

Poch needs to redirect his energies into finding us a strong defensive shape. I'm happy with the diamond in some ways, but defensively it leaves us open, especially if we are wanting our FB's to be forward creating our width.

It was brick that we lost, I dislike the VAR decision as it's been made on the basis of a couple of mm which is debatable unlike their non goal which was a clear offside. Other decisions that tinkled me off were when Sissoko got a yellow for winning the ball but following on into Maddision but Evans doing the same to Kane and it being called good old fashioned CB play.

All 100% right

That makes it sound like we deserved to win and we were unlucky and thats not what happened yesterday.

As Ndombele said it was too open, we didnt control the game well at 0-1 and you cant say leicester didnt deserve to win. That’s ndombele’s words and I agree with him.

We played that game to the same level as an everton or west ham would. That is what poch’s ridiculous three in midfield, diamond flimflam is reducing us to.

We should be going to leicester and having 70% possession, very rarely giving the ball away and conceding no more than three chances and winning 0-3 or 1-3.

That is what our squad when used correctly is capable of. We are not everton and we are not west ham so I absolutely refuse to buy into judging yesterdays performance as if we are either of those teams.

We are going backwards fast and the performances and therefore likely the results will continue unless poch ditches these insane tactical decisions.

That makes it sound like we deserved to win and we were unlucky and thats not what happened yesterday.

As Ndombele said it was too open, we didnt control the game well at 0-1 and you cant say leicester didnt deserve to win. That’s ndombele’s words and I agree with him.

We played that game to the same level as an everton or west ham would. That is what poch’s ridiculous three in midfield, diamond flimflam is reducing us to.

We should be going to leicester and having 70% possession, very rarely giving the ball away and conceding no more than three chances and winning 0-3 or 1-3.

That is what our squad when used correctly is capable of. We are not everton and we are not west ham so I absolutely refuse to buy into judging yesterdays performance as if we are either of those teams.

We are going backwards fast and the performances and therefore likely the results will continue unless poch ditches these insane tactical decisions.

Leicester are in no way as brick as you are saying. There won't be too many teams going there and winning by a three goal margin.
We did lose control of the midfield and from 65-75 mins looked to be out on our feet, but Leicester did not outplay us for large portions of the game. They played to counter and profit off of the second ball.

Leicester are in no way as brick as you are saying. There won't be too many teams going there and winning by a three goal margin.
We did lose control of the midfield and from 65-75 mins looked to be out on our feet, but Leicester did not outplay us for large portions of the game. They played to counter and profit off of the second ball.

Leicester are half decent with some very good and some bang average players alike

They got luck yesterday with the Var decision giving them a lift (they openly admitted it in interviews) but they hadn’t lost a game at home under Brenton and he has changed their team for sure.

They are not brick I know, but nonetheless the Spurs of old go to teams of that level and dominate the game, rarely give the ball away and concede hardly any chances.

And its because whilst leicester are good, we were and are levels above them. But poch’s decisions are reducing us to be a leicester or everton or west ham.

You are right only pool, city and the Spurs of old would win their by a three goal margin but we are not the Spurs of old anymore and thats the problem.

I agree they didnt outplay us for large portions. It was open end to end 50/50 game that could have gone either way and that is not good enough.

But their primary role is still to defend, the point that I was making yesterday and am still making is we would should be playing with this as the pivots in a 4231 and for me Modric and Dembele would take the Winks/Ndombele role.

...Dier/Wanyama/Skipp.........Winks/Ndombele

Now if we were to sign one or two of the players mention above from City or Barca, Fernandinho, Rodri, Busquets or De Jong they would would be replacing Dier/Wanyama/Skipp, so we would end up with for example insert any two you want,

...Fernandinho/De Jong ........Ndombele/Winks

Their primary role is to protect the back four of course they are a massive improvement in possession but that is why they play for the teams they do, we need the foundation offered by the sitting player and we have Dier/Wanyama/Skipp, until they are improved upon by signings or someone magically coming through the academy that’s what we have got.
Couldn't disagree more with the bolded bits.

At our end of the quality scale we should expect to dominate possession in all but a few of our matches. The primary role of all of our midfielders should be high quality possession.

There’s some really arrogant supporters on here, with the talk about playing at an Everton or West Ham level n Leicester not being as good as us. Each year has to be judged on its merit and like it or not while our team has stagnated and not evolved due to lack of signings other teams have.

Leicester are a decent side, yes they are an evolving side but they will be a force to be reckoned with this season because they have a manager who had a style and a good mix of a group of players.

We were under the cosh fir most of the first half but when we got the goal we took control. But we needed that second goal n couldn’t get it and like it as not we are not as good defence wise this season so we conceded one and it was inevitable we’d concede another.

It used to be that we’d be absolutely going for it at the end of games but sadly that spurs side and mentality are long gone.

This side is a transitional side still trying to find its mentality. The problem is while most successful sides stick to one system and bring players into that system, Poch has given up his preferred 4231 system which was soooo successful for us and tried to be too clever with the diamond. We should go back to that 4231 and start again but probably won’t happen not under poch.

Their is something amiss with the team and I’m afraid it’s poch, he’s not been right sine the champions league final result and over the close season and pre season

I fear Poch might not last the season with Madrid likely to call soon enough if their champions league form continues.

There’s some really arrogant supporters on here, with the talk about playing at an Everton or West Ham level n Leicester not being as good as us. Each year has to be judged on its merit and like it or not while our team has stagnated and not evolved due to lack of signings other teams have.

Leicester are a decent side, yes they are an evolving side but they will be a force to be reckoned with this season because they have a manager who had a style and a good mix of a group of players.

We were under the cosh fir most of the first half but when we got the goal we took control. But we needed that second goal n couldn’t get it and like it as not we are not as good defence wise this season so we conceded one and it was inevitable we’d concede another.

It used to be that we’d be absolutely going for it at the end of games but sadly that spurs side and meteorology are long gone.

This side is a transitional side still trying to find its meteorology. The problem is while most successful sides stick to one system and bring players into that system, Poch has given up his preferred 4231 system which was soooo successful for us and tried to be too clever with the diamond. We should go back to that 4231 and start again but probably won’t happen not under poch.

Their is something amiss with the team and I’m afraid it’s poch, he’s not been right sine the champions league final result and over the close season and pre season

I fear Poch might not last the season with Madrid likely to call soon enough if their champions league form continues.
Arrogant or not we should be taking a minimum of 4 and probably 6 points a season from teams like Leicester.

We should have a 3-4 goal spread against any Brenton Rodgers team.

Couldn't disagree more with the bolded bits.

At our end of the quality scale we should expect to dominate possession in all but a few of our matches. The primary role of all of our midfielders should be high quality possession.

Yet what kept happening to City when Fernandinho was out and they had no replacement? Their results would change from 3-0, 5-0. 3-0, 4-0 and suddenly become 3-2 ,5-2, 3-4, 3-2 they became ropey at the back but the sheer fact they won the lottery meant their attacking threat got them the majority of games without him there as their foundation. As good as our attacking threat is we are not City level.

Your basically comparing a Audi Q8 or BMW X6 high end SUV’s to our Toyota’s, they are the very best in the world in their position and play for the clubs they do for that very reason, of course we should be aspiring to get there, I mean theoretically in the last couple of years we could have had Rodri and De Jong for essentially Peanuts before they moved to Atletico and Ajax respectively if our scouting was there looking for such a player and we were prepared to take the risk on them.

Back