• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Privileged? No.

We are Tottenham Hotspur.
I think you are confusing him with Redknapp or AVB. I cannot remember when Poch has been anything other than respectful to the club, Levy and its supporters. He may have sounded irritated in some press conferences but he has always been very humble.

Those who want him gone are wishing him straight into the arms of Man Utd.

One things for sure I can’t stand that there’s a lot of talk from fans about Jose the un special one and people saying they’d have him in.

Not a chance i want to see that tosser at our club. The Mans a virus.

This is our first proper wobble in Pochs reign we need to give him the chance to correct it.
I have faith and hope that he can.Next three league games are massive our woes continue and I think that may be it for him and our journey. So fingers crossed he can halt the regression.

I think playing the same team twice in a row may help. He needs to stick to one formation and decide on his best XI and give them a concerted run. Chopping and changing everything every game must be as unsettling for the players as it is for us.

Can't help but start to feel Poch has had enough, he's just irritated most of the time now and with Zidane struggling........

I honestly can’t see Real wanting him at the minute - and probably not until he shows he can win something. I don’t think he’d hack the pressure anyhow.

Appalling to see people thinking his time is over. fudge that.

Today was very unlucky.

I take your point, Steff, and if it was a one/two/three/or even four-off I’d agree with you fully. However, no away win in the PL since January and a run of league form since then that would see us in around 14th place if maintained over the season.

I love the bloke, but - especially when this form is added to some of his bizarre pronouncements of late - it would be very odd if people weren’t asking questions.

Last edited:
One things for sure I can’t stand that there’s a lot of talk from fans about Jose the un special one and people saying they’d have him in.

This is our first proper wobble in Pochs reign we need to give him the chance to correct it.
I have faith and hope that he can.Next three league games are massive our woes continue and I think that may be it for him and our journey. So fingers crossed he can halt the regression.

I agree but lets just hope Poch himself is patient enough to. I'm no longer sure that he is.

I honestly can’t see Real wanting him at the minute - and probably not until he shows he can win something. I don’t think he’d hack the pressure anyhow.

I take your point, Steff, and if it was a one/two/three/or even four-off I’d agree with you fully. However, no away win in the PL since January and a run of league form since then that would see us in around 14th place if maintained over the season.

I love the bloke, but - especially when this form is added to some of his bizarre pronouncements of late - it would be very odd if people weren’t asking questions.

Yup this is my take on it. The Champions League run masked just how poor we have been for a while.

Last edited:
I think I will stop watching until he decides he wants to manage Spurs. It is beginning to look like the days before he discovered Ryan Mason.

I think him till the end of the season wouldn’t be the end of the world.

Or squad needs a Rocket up it’s ass.

Appalling to see people thinking his time is over. fudge that.

Today was very unlucky.

I honestly don't think people think he should be on his bike, it is more he is looking and acting like ”his time is over” as you put it!
We have a very good leader off the pitch and he will call the shots! we are just shooting the breeze nothing more!
Poch has till the next international break to show improvement or you may be right!

Last edited:
I think him till the end of the season wouldn’t be the end of the world.

Or squad needs a Rocket up it’s ass.

Not for me , Don’t want to watch the dross he serves up.

Poch will turn it round. Fine margins yesterday. Leicester are a decent side. Been a tough start no doubt. City Scum and them away in first games was always going to be tough.

Not for me , Don’t want to watch the dross he serves up.

Poch will turn it round. Fine margins yesterday. Leicester are a decent side. Been a tough start no doubt. City Scum and them away in first games was always going to be tough.

Whilst we are currently serving up Champagne football?

Whilst we are currently serving up Champagne football?
He’s a cheque book bully. Would not suit our players and by the end of the season we would have players queuing up to leave. He’s not the answer to the problem we have at the minute.

When the fixtures come out always thought it was a tough start to the league. Saudi Sportswashing Machine was a real poor result other than that I’d of taken a point at City and Scum all day long.

Was it not about this time of the year we lost at Watford last season and loads including me shat the bed and it was doom and gloom.

We need to see how it all pans out, no need to pull trigger in panic yet especially to bring in Jose.

There's a current rut at the club which needs to be rectified, and quickly. Obviously none of us has any idea what is going on but we can see it is affecting Poch. No desire to see him leave and I have confidence that he and the club can get us back to performing at our potential, which is still extremely high with the squad and coaching team we have.

However, if he plays that fudging diamond or unbalanced three-man midfield formation one more time....

He’s a cheque book bully. Would not suit our players and by the end of the season we would have players queuing up to leave. He’s not the answer to the problem we have at the minute.

When the fixtures come out always thought it was a tough start to the league. Saudi Sportswashing Machine was a real poor result other than that I’d of taken a point at City and Scum all day long.

Was it not about this time of the year we lost at Watford last season and loads including me shat the bed and it was doom and gloom.

We need to see how it all pans out, no need to pull trigger in panic yet especially to bring in Jose.

To be honest, I think the players need a tougher manager - it seems too easy at spurs - Jose maybe too far the other way granted.

It’s not just about this seasons form, we have 2 points from 27? Away from home - we are in relegation form.

We are serving up horrible football as well, can’t defend and slow attacking football.

Palace aside, when was the last time we played well for 90 minutes.

To be honest, I think the players need a tougher manager - it seems too easy at spurs - Jose maybe too far the other way granted.

It’s not just about this seasons form, we have 2 points from 27? Away from home - we are in relegation form.

We are serving up horrible football as well, can’t defend and slow attacking football.

Palace aside, when was the last time we played well for 90 minutes.

Or you ignore last seasons results as it’s a different season and we have drawn with city and arsenal away and lost to Leicester thanks to a game changing VAR decision

Obviously I wouldn’t say that we are privileged to have him, though I’m not going to ignore how he significantly improved us.

I can trace the start of the rut to Burnley away last year, now I’ve come to learn Poch has a hell of a lot of credit in the bank from people on here, and quite like a bull in a china shop I certainly could have been more delicate with my own criticisms of Poch, but needless to say from those posters I’ve not seen one truly decent defence of Poch that can explain his strange tactical choices, since then, ‘over tinkering and duff substitutions, aligned with reckless and fan soul destroying press work...and half a seasons worth of mediocre results and performances.

I’ve seen many excuses, from Poch and fans, but football is not sentimental, and if this malaise continues, there really is only one inevitable outcome, if Levy starts to genuinely feel we will not get top 4 with the money rolling in.

If he wants to turn things around going back to a 4-3-3 whilst attacking and 4-2-3-1 whilst defending would be a start, along with totally changing his current media messages.

I personally feel done with him and the following is why I’m angry...

:feeling like he’s not committed to us.
:Moura dropped in cl final after sf hat trick.
:behaviour on the pitch after Burnley away loss.
:not stripping Lloris of captaincy last year when he let us down.
:chastising Walker for talking about. leaving in his book during a season with games to play and doing the same himself.
:eek:ver tinkering with defensive shape and personnel so we know look a mess.
: poor form and dodgy diamond, feel like he’s not getting the best from our top players.

It still feels to me like we’re heading towards a cliff, but Poch is still doing bizarre things (Sanchez at rb) rather than looking like turning things around.

Last edited:
We have no identity. Clearly.

I think Poch was dealt a difficult hand with no transfers for two seasons. Those chickens are coming home to roost. Its quite disappointing that after 4 years in the champions league we haven't progressed as a team. It's particularly tough to stomach when you look at what Klopp has done for Liverpool in a shorter time frame. With a bit of investment, who knows what might have happened. I think now we are in a downward spiral that Poch won't arrest. Just my opinion.

I think half the problem here is his constant whinging. If you are going to constantly talk about leaving then you need to be getting some quality results and play some good football. The truth is, no one on here knows what our tactics are or what we are trying to achieve. Pretty damning. The only things we do know is that Alli is now crap, and Kane doesn't play as a striker anymore. Neither of those two developments recommend an outstanding manager to me.

The problem is, we are not as attractive to prospective managers as we might have been in the summer. There is a pretty big rebuilding job required, and I'm not sure the funds will be there to do it.

I think a split would be best for both parties, not a sacking, but a genuine, mutual agreement that this isn't working anymore. I think if that does come to pass - as it should imo - we would look back at Poch's time with mixed feelings. We had a great squad, but didn't win anything. We were constantly told we should be grateful, that we aren't good enough, that we can't compete. It's all very Harry Redknapp: we had Bale, Modric, VdV, Adebayor etc. Yet we were always told we aren't good enough and should be grateful.

Spurs fans aren't ungrateful, our expectations are SO LOW that managers get an absolute free ride. We don't recognise an outstanding side when we see one. I think we should have higher standards and demand more. Instead, we seem to make excuses for coaches who can't win with outstanding squads. Criticise Levy's spending all we like, but he has assembled sides that should have been winning. I'm also concerned that having overlooked trophies, that we aren't cemented as a big player in the way we should be.

We should give Massimo Allegri a ring and see if he's getting bored.

Last edited:
Back