• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

against United he made a rash tackle on Herrera when we were chasing the game because we’d wasted a hatful of chances, the game should have been won by half time

against City he injured himself making a tackle on delph, who had already given the ball away, at full speed on a brand new surface which had seen players slipping around all over the place, it was exactly the type of ill considered judgement that we need to stop

So basically you're slating him for showing too much desire? Fine. But when he dials it back and does not get into those areas of the pitch/those challenges, he gets coated for "not putting a shift in" and other such rubbish.

In fact, in relation to your last sentence, this is exactly what he is trying NOT to exercise!!!!!

Crazy move by Kane that was, he went into Delph when there was no need to and ended up hurting himself. Stupid tackle.

Never forget Delph's filthy, studs up motion towards the ball. Watch it again. He knew exactly what he was doing. Kane had no need to be there in that motion for that ball, but do not cheat Delph of his motion.

against United he made a rash tackle on Herrera when we were chasing the game because we’d wasted a hatful of chances, the game should have been won by half time

against City he injured himself making a tackle on delph, who had already given the ball away, at full speed on a brand new surface which had seen players slipping around all over the place, it was exactly the type of ill considered judgement that we need to stop

Yep
We need our best players to not make tackles and not be committed.
We need them to constantly consider us the grass green enough, or hard enough Or soft enough too
In fact let’s stop making tackles in case everyone gets hurt and just let the opposition keep the ball until they give it back to us

Oh yeah, in regards to the result and performance in a way I was neither surprised nor disappointed. It can obviously depend on how you look at it. As for the Emirates Marketing Project game, I do think it was a bit of an anomaly, we'd lose that game 98 times out of 100.

Kane's comments however only read one way to me and the concern is that he appears to have become tired of repeating himself going through the same rigmarole after each successive failure. The players are presumably given a bit of a script and much like "the plan" for the night, it wasn't followed..

His comments after that game showed some genuine anger and frustration
Maybe because he felt like Poch that we weren’t following the plan that would have won us the game

So basically you're slating him for showing too much desire? Fine. But when he dials it back and does not get into those areas of the pitch/those challenges, he gets coated for "not putting a shift in" and other such rubbish.

In fact, in relation to your last sentence, this is exactly what he is trying NOT to exercise!!!!!

Yep
We need our best players to not make tackles and not be committed.
We need them to constantly consider us the grass green enough, or hard enough Or soft enough too
In fact let’s stop making tackles in case everyone gets hurt and just let the opposition keep the ball until they give it back to us

Desire and commitment needs to be shown at the right time, and yes we need players to consider multiple variables and exert control though situational intelligence.

Desire and commitment needs to be shown at the right time, and yes we need players to consider multiple variables and exert control though situational intelligence.

You can’t do that in a game of football
It’s split second decisions that make and change games

Yet every player does it
I mean make rash quick decisions that can be wrong
Strange folk these footballers

That’s just it, not every player does.

It’s either a failure of coaching, mental preparation, or lack of application from the personnel.

We should be instilling in these guys the same level of emotional detachment and clear minded critical thinking as a fighter pilot or surgeon, it’s science, it’s not a game.

That’s just it, not every player does.

It’s either a failure of coaching, mental preparation, or lack of application from the personnel.

We should be instilling in these guys the same level of emotional detachment and clear minded critical thinking as a fighter pilot or surgeon, it’s science, it’s not a game.

Every player makes rash decisions
Sometimes they work and sometimes they don’t
Even Ronaldo and Messi do
Its instinctive
The very best just make less that’s all

WHAT a finish today. Pushed in the back, yet still gets a good touch and as he falls on his face, has the presence of mind to get good contact on the ball.

A born finisher.

The way I see it, Kane's "new role" is hurting the entire team. He's still a great forward, but the way he's played he's not a match winner anymore. He needs to stay more upfield, not only is he our best finisher and only "natural" striker, but he used to create space for others by dragging two and three defenders with him when he made both real and dummy runs. Very useful against teams parking the bus, and at a time you could believe we had the entire squad plus the tea lady on the scoresheet. Now it seems that Kane wants to be the creator as well, problem is that leaves us woefully thin in the box as we have no other with the "box-instinct" for lack of better words. He's also much, much easier to trap and contain when he drops so deep, being "just another player", and most teams looks like they figured this out. You'd also think that IF his physical abilities has diminished, it would be easier for him to stay up front, Cristiano-style, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Of course I love it when players like Moura comes on and scores a header in the box, but that shouldn't be his role. We used to have such a good spread and seemingly specific tasks, now we have 4-5 players trying to do and be the same thing, which regularly leads to the same outcomes - either said get it out wide for a (more often than not, bad) cross, dispossession after fancy schmancy YouTube flick-throughs, or endless sideways passing in front of two compact banks of four. And just because a thing worked one time, it doesn't necessarily mean it's the right thing to go and aim for. I see no signs of plans or set plays in order to facilitate anymore, just more do-it-all-yourself and selfishness than when we were good. To me, it looks like our only weapon is long through-balls from deep, which is so far from how we were just 2-3 seasons ago it could as well be a different team entirely.

I don't buy the "head in another place" and other single-player excuses for our lack of team play (except the Kane one, because it was so important to how we set up). To me it looks like Poch have no clear plan anymore about - or can't convey well enough - what he wants his players to do. Because I simply cannot believe he actually wants us to play the way we do now. There are (very) brief stints of good, but most of the time I see a lot of players trying to do too much themselves and we move forward as a unit so slo-o-o-wly. And if we want to be a team of individuals, we need to upgrade averageness that could pass as useful when we were a machine. Take Winks for example, for all his heart and tidyness, is not good enough to be anything like a playmaker at present. Perhaps in the future. I for one can't see why anyone would want him to be the heart of our midfield. He has poor understanding of what's going on around him, and looks for possible solutions AFTER he receives the ball. I had to laugh a little today when he used 3 seconds on the ball (including a spin I think) with Aurier totally unmarked and wide open on the wing, played his usual 5 yard sideways safe pass and THEN pointed at Aurier for, I think it was Sissoko, to pass to like that was the plan all along while Leicester regrouped. Jesus Christ on a stick. He will most often look good when others are bad, because he is, you know, tidy. Players like Lamela and Sissoko hasn't suddenly exploded into fantastic-ness, it's the rest of the teamplay that has dropped so significantly that two well-put passes exceeding 10 yards, a good run and a ball-winning tackle will win you man of the match. Still, we have too much individual quality to not be a force to be reckoned with, but this setup will not win anything.

Give me that intensity over a player who bails on 50-50s every day of the week.

Do not disagree with that at all, but Kane threw himself into a tackle on the half way line, the ball was going nowhere and he did it to hurt the opposing player ( imo), the irony is he hurt no one except himself and us as a team.

He went in though to win the ball didn’t he?

No it my opinion no, he went in to do the opposing player and ended up hurting him self.

Back