• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs vs Leicester City

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didnt have a problem with some rotation on Wed and today, though if you have a well drilled formation from playing it week in, week out (like we used to) then players can seemlessly come in and out and you can get away with leaving some tpo players out occassionally. Arsenal under Wenger was a case in point - their system and style didnt change for about 10 years, including in youth teams, which meant they could bring kids in and everyone knew their role.

We need to get back to playing 4-2-3-1 all the time and with the quality and depth which we have in the roles behind Kane, I dont think it will matter too muc hwho we play in CM

Unless we continue playing Kane in there.

Kane and Sissoko double pivot perhaps.

Yip. The issue is now a long-term one.

Yep without a doubt if we had played eriksen instead of sissoko or ndombele, we actually would have dominated the game like Poch has claimed we did.

Question is will Poch see this and change it and I am concerned he wont for a while yet.

He’s been proved wrong twice this season with outrageous decisions in dropping Jan and playing Sanchez at right back.

We have paid heavily for those ridiculous decisions and we are now continuing to pay for his latest in-genius move of dropping Eriksen.

How is he not seeing what these absurd decisions are doing to our team?

It cant be deliberate so is he becoming grossly incompetent?

Imo he’s very stubborn.

Missed the game but what a poor weak we’ve had. Can only be topped with Colchester dumping us out of the Mickey Mouse cup!

Watched the Aurier Goal over again . That offside VAR decision is ridiculous. Benefit of the doubt and all that. Some serious teething problems with it at moment.

Disappointing day.As others have already pointed out think it’s going to be a tough old season and I’m genuinely concerned with things for first time in a long while. Somethings not right in the camp at the moment. Poch deserves our support as does the club. The fighting rooster touched on something this week In terms of good will of the fans and good feeling slowly disappearing seems that way.

Onwards and upwards

Watched the Aurier Goal over again . That offside VAR decision is ridiculous. Benefit of the doubt and all that. Some serious teething problems with it at moment.

Disappointing day.As others have already pointed out think it’s going to be a tough old season and I’m genuinely concerned with things for first time in a long while. Somethings not right in the camp at the moment. Poch deserves our support as does the club. The fighting rooster touched on something this week In terms of good will of the fans and good feeling slowly disappearing seems that way.

Onwards and upwards

I was all for VAR for line calls like offside until I read they have a margin of error of 13cms and the frame rate means they can’t match ball leaving and player moving accurately...

I was all for VAR for line calls like offside until I read they have a margin of error of 13cms and the frame rate means they can’t match ball leaving and player moving accurately...

Yes the desperation to implement the system to line up with other leagues was a bit strange. Especially as we clearly not learned from their mistakes . VAR has been pretty awful all over. Thought it was there for the clear and obvious not nit picking to the finest of margins.

I’ve only just read about the VAR thing.

Does anyone know what the offside rule was? I know at one point it seemed to be a matter of subjective opinion as to whether the whole body, any part of the body or over half the body had to be offside for a goal to be ruled out.

Was that clarified through the laws of the game?

If not now we have VAR it really should be!

Thought it was offside if any part of the body you could score with was in an offside position then ruled out. Hard to see that with Son. Especially as it was not him that scored and a later phase of the play . Or I could be wrong nobody seems to know Pundits , Refs , Linos everyone’s got a differing view or opinion it’s a shambles. Same for Handball

Basically even match? So we were harshly dealt with? We would have won without the var call?

All far far from certain and even if it was an even match, that is not good enough from us even if leicester are a good side.

We basically played that game in the same way and level as an everton would or a west ham. End to end with the home side shading it.

Nowhere near good enough. With the right formation and team selection we dominate the game and leicester are forced to sit back and play on the counter.

But Poch reduced us to an everton/west ham level team with his decisions.

People whinging he didnt bring dier or skipp on instead of wanyama? It should have been eriksen ffs coming on at that point.

If he picks that formation and team away at wolves, wham, in fact nearly every one of the so called brick teams, then we are in for the same sort of cross your fingers games.

Not fudging good enough and the boss better learn or we are fudged and heading for 5th, 6th or even 7th.

Im worried because the season isnt even that old and Poch has already made THREE outrageous decisions that have cost us points. I was not happy with the Jan and then Sanchez at right back decisions. But Eriksen left out when we have colchester as the next game?????!!

Wtf is he doing??

This cannot must not/ cannot be swept under the ’we finish 4th and got to CL final’ carpet!

Don't base your opinions on the last 17 games, instead base them on 45 mins against Palace and some of today's performance.

I think that's how we're meant to evaluate things right?

A good job seasons run August-May
Ignores the fact, conveniently, that we won big cup games in that time and also we have had a huge injury list at the same time. For me he needs to get the defensive midfield performing more effectively on a consistent basis: that happened in the main today. Plus he needs to coax some form back into Eriksen. Those two things sorted will see us flying again.

Midfield is a total shambles and that's our main problem. Something really has gone awry and it's not just players leaving or coming in there's more to it, shape is wrong and there appears to be a lack of determination. Early days and new league and all that but Ndombele is very underwhelming. Hopefully when the injured are back and the team is more settled we'll start to see more fluid play from us and the results will improve. Need to start doing the basics well, I lost count of the amount of times we gave the ball away needlessly and ultimately led to the winning goal. Still can't believe the VAR for our 'goal'...

Don't base your opinions on the last 17 games, instead base them on 45 mins against Palace and some of today's performance.

I think that's how we're meant to evaluate things right?

Sadly we are where we are and we are not in a good place points per game-wise since Dec/Jan which I hope come as no surprise to the Spurs fans on here!
I understand where you coming from but it is now time for pragmatic grownup debate of what we do from here!
Pochettino must up his game or we know what will happen and no one really wants him out.

Sadly we are where we are and we are not in a good place points per game-wise since Dec/Jan which I hope come as no surprise to the Spurs fans on here!
I understand where you coming from but it is now time for pragmatic grownup debate of what we do from here!
Pochettino must up his game or we know what will happen and no one really wants him out.
The debate has been pretty grown up imo. Just because you don't agree with some of the points made does not make it not.

Midfield is a total shambles and that's our main problem. Something really has gone awry and it's not just players leaving or coming in there's more to it, shape is wrong and there appears to be a lack of determination. Early days and new league and all that but Ndombele is very underwhelming. Hopefully when the injured are back and the team is more settled we'll start to see more fluid play from us and the results will improve. Need to start doing the basics well, I lost count of the amount of times we gave the ball away needlessly and ultimately led to the winning goal. Still can't believe the VAR for our 'goal'...

Midfield is underwhelming because we keep chopping and chanigng formation. 4-2-3-1 works with our formation and becomes a bit 4-5-1 like when we lose the ball. Changing from two in the middle in Greece to 3 today and between flat midifleds and diamonds etc...its a recipe for disaster. We should have a well drilled formation and then players can switch in and out. Do you see Man C and Liverpool varying their formation? Or Barca? Or Bayern? or Chelsea under Mourinho? Or Arsenal under Wenger? etc etc

With the right formation and team selection we dominate the game and leicester are forced to sit back and play on the counter.

If he picks that formation and team away at wolves, wham, in fact nearly every one of the so called brick teams, then we are in for the same sort of cross your fingers games.

Agree with that. We shouldnt be changing our tactics to suit Leicester. We should stick to our way of playing and impose ourselves on them

Back