• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs vs Leicester City

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have never considered him a natural defensive player, but even going back to the start of last season when we started playing the diamond, Fulham at Wembley, Man U away, it was Dembele playing at the base with Dier on the right ahead, it just makes me wonder what the game plan is and what Winks role actually is meant to be.

I agree. That right side of a diamond should be someone who can do the defensive stuff and also drive forward and produce attacking moments of class. Having Winks there today for 30 mins was just a waste. If he wanted to get Sissoko off he should have gone with Moura or Eriksen and dropped Lamela back in there who fits the above remit perfectly.

We just need to get back to playing 4-2-3-1 consistently. We have 6 players for the '3' behind the CF and some real quality there. Yet Poch seems to want to play 4-3-1-2 or with midfield diamonds which our players dont seem to be comfortable with. We played 4-2-3-1 against Palace and hammered them. Yet now we change to a diamond

It’s very odd. We actually seem more comfortable defensively in a 4231 with the extra AM.

It’s very odd. We actually seem more comfortable defensively in a 4231 with the extra AM.

Yes, and that could be because when we lose the ball its more 4-5-1, or simply that by being more attacking the opposition has less chance to attack. I really dont get why we change formation all the time. You dont see City and Liverpool changing formation, and its hard to think of any successful team which regularly changes formation

It makes you wonder what condition Dier is in that Wanyama was sent on ahead of him, if neither are up to the standards required why the hell was Skipp not bought on
When was the last time Dier played? Its so long ago that I have no recollection of it. But it's years since he had a GOOD game for us.

Just in. Anyone want to give me the executive summary?

Our 2 - 0 goal was ruled offside by VAR when Son's right arm was in an offside position. Shouldn't have been called. Leicester equalized straight after and got a late winner in a period where we looked the most likely team to snatch a winner.

Overall a draw probably would've been a more fair result. We were shaky time and again defensively. Never really controlled the game. Lots of below par performances. Team not really working well together.

We just need to get back to playing 4-2-3-1 consistently. We have 6 players for the '3' behind the CF and some real quality there. Yet Poch seems to want to play 4-3-1-2 or with midfield diamonds which our players dont seem to be comfortable with. We played 4-2-3-1 against Palace and hammered them. Yet now we change to a diamond

Yep without a doubt if we had played eriksen instead of sissoko or ndombele, we actually would have dominated the game like Poch has claimed we did.

Question is will Poch see this and change it and I am concerned he wont for a while yet.

He’s been proved wrong twice this season with outrageous decisions in dropping Jan and playing Sanchez at right back.

We have paid heavily for those ridiculous decisions and we are now continuing to pay for his latest in-genius move of dropping Eriksen.

How is he not seeing what these absurd decisions are doing to our team?

It cant be deliberate so is he becoming grossly incompetent?

Just in. Anyone want to give me the executive summary?
We were much more aggressive than on Weds. We pressed better, defended better as a team and hit them on the break creating good chances. We were a VAR decision away from a 2-0 win. The VAR decision imho, was wrong due to the margin of error.

After the VAR decision Leicester were lifted and Poch replaced 2 players and ceded the midfield then ultimately the game. Eriksen is having a stinker in terms of form and loss the ball far too easily again when pressed. Wanyama for Sissoko was the real disaster as Wanyama was so off the pace, he left big spaces which Leicester exploited.

Ndombele, Rose in defence, Sissoko and Winks had very good games.

I see better then us City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal.

Man U, Leicester and Everton a similar standard but on current form we are likely to drop a lot more points then these teams.

Man U, Leicester and Everton a similar standard but on current form we are likely to drop a lot more points then these teams.
Arsenal? Did you see them against Watford last week? A team thumped 8-0 today. Chelsea lost to a managerless team in turmoil this week. I don't think either will finish above us this season.

Our squad on paper is way ahead of Arsenal. Man U Leicester and definitely Everton, and equal if not marginally ahead of Chelsea for me, we were never capable of challenging for the title but 3rd is where we should be realistically, right now 7th or 8th looks about where we will finish.

We have paid heavily for those ridiculous decisions and we are now continuing to pay for his latest in-genius move of dropping Eriksen.

I didnt have a problem with some rotation on Wed and today, though if you have a well drilled formation from playing it week in, week out (like we used to) then players can seemlessly come in and out and you can get away with leaving some tpo players out occassionally. Arsenal under Wenger was a case in point - their system and style didnt change for about 10 years, including in youth teams, which meant they could bring kids in and everyone knew their role.

We need to get back to playing 4-2-3-1 all the time and with the quality and depth which we have in the roles behind Kane, I dont think it will matter too muc hwho we play in CM

Thought we were much better today and probably our best 90 minute away performance of the season. The VAR decision is farcical and clearly wrong as the arm should not be considered when measuring offside. As mentioned earlier the tolerance on very marginal decisions like this are too large for the decision to be overturned so just feel we were robbed. A 2-0 lead with less than 15 minutes ago is unlikely to be overturned especially as the crowd would not have got behind Leicester if had stood.

Good performances by Lamela, Winks (until moved position), Toby while NDombele probably had his best game so far. Baffled by decision to replace Sissoko with Wanyama instead of Dier or Skipp, who would have had the pace to close down Maddison before he scored the winner.

What has Dier done to upset Poch?

Back