• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs vs Leicester City

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
kfqDpOh.jpg

Looks like the arm/shoulder to me

I assume thigh as waist up isn't considered?

Var decision and Wanyama replacing Sissoko changed it. Wanyama is so slow in the middle of the park and has lost his positional sense to make up for his lack of speed. Wish he had gone to Bruges. Should be no where near the first team at the moment. As for VAR, when you need additional technology to consider mms then the attacking side really should be given the benefit. That was ridiculous imo.

It's been building with me and this time last year I thought the sun shone out of his arse.

His stinkingly bad attitude. Bizarre team selections. Dropping players inexplicably. Players wanting to leave. Losing leads to Arsenal, Leicester and Olympiacos. Having a pop at the players mid week. Losing to a pub team like Saudi Sportswashing Machine. None of it is good enough and it's been a steady decline for almost two years.

We're much easier to beat then we have been ever in his tenure. He's underachieving at this stage. It's not good enough and it's his stupid decision making that's costing us.

Personally, right now, I wouldn't give many fudges if he fudged off and took his bad attitude with him.

I am finding myself agreeing with everything you say, yet my heart is saying I don’t want him out and stick with him, but my head is just about ready to give up on him, this ain’t no blip this is a year of poor performances and the players look utterly broken, I am actually starting to wonder if they are subconsciously no longer playing for him.

Today's performance was a lot better. Against a tough side. Had we gone 2 goals up we would have won, Not sure what "cracks" you are talking about. Certainly not today.

Err before they scored the first it was one attack after the other.

For cracks I refer you to the last 18 months and our downturn in form.

Less shots, less goals, more taken against, more goals conceded and our points total in 2019.

Today's performance was a lot better. Against a tough side. Had we gone 2 goals up we would have won, Not sure what "cracks" you are talking about. Certainly not today.

Hmmm quite - i think some are a bit too invested in their deep rooted problems narrative to evaluate the game without that already front and centre of their thinking.

Err before they scored the first it was one attack after the other.

For cracks I refer you to the last 18 months and our downturn in form.

Less shots, less goals, more taken against, more goals conceded and our points total in 2019.
Oh behave! Even with them attacking we looked far better defensively. We also caught them on the break a few times. We should have won if we had got that second goal. Don't conflate today with the last 18 months.

Exactly. Definitely shouldn't be ruled offside. fudging brick refs. How the fudge can they just forget that rule?

Imo VAR just proves he’s level.

Opening that pic in photoshop, Sons line also goes very slightly deeper into the pitch relative to the pitch markings (assuming they are accurate)

It’s absolute flimflam. But the media / pundits have all been told to not rock the boat

I assume thigh as waist up isn't considered?
Shoulder was what ruled that Sterling goal out on the opening day. Loads of goals are scored with the shoulder so clearly we need to clamp down on that.

The real problem with that is the other part of offside, when the ball is played, how are they working out that exactly, and is it accurate enough to start judging the other end of it by millimetres?

it doesn't have to be obvious for offside calls, this is the same as the disallowed City goal in the CL last year

The point is they're pretending the technology is fit to make the call, and it's not. The speed the players are moving at means these centimetre-or-less decisions can't be definitive at the given video frame rate and there's no specifics about the treatment of how the instant the ball is played is determined either, which is a worse problem.

^^ For that offside image, it is any part of the man that can play the ball i.e. head, chest, side, thigh, knee

From that image he was 1cm offside, but that is a massively harsh call, because there is a 20cm tolerance depending on when the pass was made i.e. both players can move 10cm in that millisecond.

Oh behave! Even with them attacking we looked far better defensively. We also caught them on the break a few times. We should have won if we had got that second goal. Don't conflate today with the last 18 months.

Why not?

Isn't a period of form a greater barometer of the truth then an isolated 45 mins, 90 mins.

If you don't see cracks, you're not looking. We're losing games regularly. He's whinging and criticising the team in public. This is nowhere near good enough.

I am finding myself agreeing with everything you say, yet my heart is saying I don’t want him out and stick with him, but my head is just about ready to give up on him, this ain’t no blip this is a year of poor performances and the players look utterly broken, I am actually starting to wonder if they are subconsciously no longer playing for him.

Breaks my heart as well. Poch is the best manager we've had in my time supporting the club. But there is a terrible attitude running throughout the team. That comes from the top.

Listening to Joe Cole now. F**k sake, what a c**t. Yeah it's all the foreign players' fault. You'd swear Trippier was Cafu or something. I saw a clip with that little prick the other night having a go at Capello as English manager because "he don't speak no English".

I said before, I think Kane is done physically. There is no other reason for him continually playing the way he does.

If he can't last 90 then sub him of, or heaven forbid, sub him before the 89th minute.

Either that or Poch has truly lost the plot.
(Excuse me while I clear my throat)

Leading scorers, all competitions for both club and country, season 2019/20

9 - Kane
8 - Pukki
8 - Sterling
7 - Abraham
7 - Aguero
7 - Aubameyang
6 - Mane
4 - Barnes
4 - Salah
4 - Wilson, C

(edited to add Aubameyang)

Last edited:
^^ For that offside image, it is any part of the man that can play the ball i.e. head, chest, side, thigh, knee

From that image he was 1cm offside, but that is a massively harsh call, because there is a 20cm tolerance depending on when the pass was made i.e. both players can move 10cm in that millisecond.

You're absolutely right but as Poch said earlier in the season, we'll get the benefit sometimes and won't other times. And we've had our share of good calls from VAR so I'm not as angry as I should be about today.

Back