• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs vs Leicester City

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So, our next fixtures:

Colchester (A)
Southampton (H)
Bayern (H)
Brighton (A)
Watford (H)
Red Star (H)
Liverpool (A)

Should at least give us some league points until we face Liverpool. Getting a lot of tricky away fixtures out of the way early, at least!

Yip. A draw today wouldn’t have been a bad result.

@milo Kane. Has to be nominated for that goal. Aurier too. Wasn't definitively offside and no-one could present a cogent argument that he was. Also Lamela and Sissoko.

Last edited:
I said before, I think Kane is done physically. There is no other reason for him continually playing the way he does.

If he can't last 90 then sub him of, or heaven forbid, sub him before the 89th minute.

Either that or Poch has truly lost the plot.

Eh. I felt we weren't all that bad. More urgency than in some of our turgid performances over the past year, crisper passing, more retention.

Game turned on the VAR call, which is just f*cking atrocious, and another reason why the refs in the PL are probably the worst in the world. A Somali 3rd Division 'video ref' watching the game on an 8-bit Nokia mobile screen from 2000 could make the right call, but these expensive f*ck ups in some studio in some place f*ck it up all the goddamn time.

It's tough, going 2-0 up and then having f*ck ups in black disallow it just for the drama of it. Players' heads dropped, and Leicester won it because the refs were all begging them to, more or less. Tough situation to be in.

Yes, in 2016/2017, we were made of stronger, sterner stuff. But this is 2019/2020, and those golden days have been long gone now.

'We are not now that strength which in old days,
Moved earth and heaven:
that which we are, we are...'

...and we will have to deal with the weaker, slower, moodier Tottenham Hotspur of today.

If they ain't good enough to win anything here then what's the problem?

If it were Kane, Son, Alderweireld leaving along with the inevitable departure of Eriksen, then a big problem.

As it is I am clinging to the hope Kane will stay at least until he overhauls Greaves' goal tally.

So, tell me again, how was Son in an offside?

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

A player is in an offside position if:
  • any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
  • any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent
  • The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered.

based on the images var showed it was his right leg

So, tell me again, how was Son in an offside?

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

A player is in an offside position if:
  • any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
  • any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent
  • The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered.

Indeed. as mentioned, I cant see any evidence in that footage to back-up the notion it was an obvious error

I said before, I think Kane is done physically. There is no other reason for him continually playing the way he does

+1

It’s tough being physically battered all game, every game. Taken it’s toll on him no doubt.

Still a quality player, but we need to adapt to it

based on the images var showed it was his right leg

kfqDpOh.jpg

Looks like the arm/shoulder to me

No complaints today, thought our current up down form continued

Lamela was outstanding first-half best I've ever seen him!

Watch it back. He had the ball in space so many times and wasted it and finally got it off to Son for the goal. Then non existent 2nd half. I like him by the way.

That defeat is solely on the manager, disgracefully dropping eriksen and setting up like we were playing at the nou camp.

We were lucky to be a goal up and rather than be pro active he behaved like one of the fans and hoped we would hang on.

This brick about proving a point with first Jan, then sanchez at right back and now routinely leaving eriksen out even though lo celso is also out is absolutely disgraceful.

I dont want to hear one word from him putting this on the players. He is solely to blame for today and was a disgrace to this club behaving like he did.

If all these arguments are going off and people are more interested in being proved right and their ego, something has to give.

I don't think setting up with three defensively minded midfielders is the way to win away (or home).

Also, and I realise I am probably in a minority here, I don't think Winks is starter. For me he is on the bench and then use his energy later in games. But he is too neutral a player to be given the play making role.

I don't think we lack the players. But I do think Poch has lost his way a bit.

Bit extreme.

What I will say is. Can he honestly say he thinks we look a better team with this diamond than with 4231? If you’re going with the extra CM you need to be watertight. We’re not. Therefore you’re setting up against your strengths.

Winks played 30 mins RM - as far from a right mid as you are likely to see.

It's been building with me and this time last year I thought the sun shone out of his arse.

His stinkingly bad attitude. Bizarre team selections. Dropping players inexplicably. Players wanting to leave. Losing leads to Arsenal, Leicester and Olympiacos. Having a pop at the players mid week. Losing to a pub team like Saudi Sportswashing Machine. None of it is good enough and it's been a steady decline for almost two years.

We're much easier to beat then we have been ever in his tenure. He's underachieving at this stage. It's not good enough and it's his stupid decision making that's costing us.

Personally, right now, I wouldn't give many fudges if he fudged off and took his bad attitude with him.

Back