• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Alli said something similar when we lost to United in the FA Cup “we can’t keep doing this”. As others have said, they need to fix it on the pitch.

Good for him. Stepping up.

As others have said, talk is cheap, plus do you not think given the clear ways in which he is not as threatening overall as he used to be (not withstanding his own performances in the key finals/semi-finals that we have failed to get the job done over the years) it's a bit rich for him to be coming out with that?

As others have said, talk is cheap, plus do you not think given the clear ways in which he is not as threatening overall as he used to be (not withstanding his own performances in the key finals/semi-finals that we have failed to get the job done over the years) it's a bit rich for him to be coming out with that?
He's a great finisher. If the supply line is broken he goes out wide or deep to find the ball and deliver the supply, at which point you need someone bursting into the centre forward position (Alli, Lamela, Moura, Son)

He's a great finisher. If the supply line is broken he goes out wide or deep to find the ball and deliver the supply, at which point you need someone bursting into the centre forward position (Alli, Lamela, Moura, Son)

He is a great finisher, but he isn't playing that well himself these days (stats seem more padded by penalties compared to before) and for all his great finishing ability he can choke on the big stage with the rest of them, like last season's CL final, the FA Cup semi vs Manure, 2nd leg game vs Juve in CL etc etc
He himself isn't bullet-proof, so i'd fear it will cause more unnecessary raised eyebrows in the dressing-room...
As i say, talk is cheap...

its easy to say...

Wow.
Once again. Wow.
The bloke has consistently scored a ton of goals, ridden several injuries, scored in key matches (especially in the CL) and generally proven himself time and time and time again.

I see the CL Final is coming up again; first game after injury. Maybe he shouldn’t have started. He did, he did not personally have the greatest of games but his presence allowed the likes of Sonny several clear sights of goal.

He stands up, speaks the truth about Wed (and Arse before it), shows some seniority and balls and people slag him for it.

Sorry folks, I think it is weak to cane Kane. Seriously weak.

Would you rather sell him? Not me.

He is a great finisher, but he isn't playing that well himself these days (stats seem more padded by penalties compared to before) and for all his great finishing ability he can choke on the big stage with the rest of them, like last season's CL final, the FA Cup semi vs Manure, 2nd leg game vs Juve in CL etc etc
He himself isn't bullet-proof, so i'd fear it will cause more unnecessary raised eyebrows in the dressing-room...
As i say, talk is cheap...

I am DELIGHTED he is speaking up and taking responsibility. What bit of what he said do you think does not include self-accountability????

Funny that you say “talk is cheap” mate, because he is still scoring. Someone said his “stats were padded by pens” many that he is in positions to win!!!!! Still, let us not let the truth get in the way of a good whinge!!!!

All fair points, quite hard to argue against. Grand scheme of things will say that a point away in the CL isn't a bad thing considering the group but not surprising these kind of sounds are coming from him.

Surprised when he misplaced a few passes that could've set up clear counters but it's probably only cause he's set such high standards in that regard...

All fair points, quite hard to argue against. Grand scheme of things will say that a point away in the CL isn't a bad thing considering the group but not surprising these kind of sounds are coming from him.

Surprised when he misplaced a few passes that could've set up clear counters but it's probably only cause he's set such high standards in that regard...

Everything can be spun...
Negatively we drew vs arse and Olympiakos despite leading
Positively we took points off two points with an incredible home record in massive games for them (games they play their best in)... oh and we took points of city at home who won 18 league games at home last season IIRC and are the best team in Europe according to the bookies

Wow.
Once again. Wow.
The bloke has consistently scored a ton of goals, ridden several injuries, scored in key matches (especially in the CL) and generally proven himself time and time and time again.

I see the CL Final is coming up again; first game after injury. Maybe he shouldn’t have started. He did, he did not personally have the greatest of games but his presence allowed the likes of Sonny several clear sights of goal.

He stands up, speaks the truth about Wed (and Arse before it), shows some seniority and balls and people slag him for it.

Sorry folks, I think it is weak to cane Kane. Seriously weak.

Would you rather sell him? Not me.

Two of those injuries were self inflicted after the kind of mistakes he’s calling out here.

It’s great that he can see it and wants to fix it, but nobody in the organisation is above criticism.

Two of those injuries were self inflicted after the kind of mistakes he’s calling out here.

It’s great that he can see it and wants to fix it, but nobody in the organisation is above criticism.

What injuries are self inflicted?
Ones where he made tackles I assume your saying ?!?!

Everything can be spun...
Negatively we drew vs arse and Olympiakos despite leading
Positively we took points off two points with an incredible home record in massive games for them (games they play their best in)... oh and we took points of city at home who won 18 league games at home last season IIRC and are the best team in Europe according to the bookies

Oh yeah, in regards to the result and performance in a way I was neither surprised nor disappointed. It can obviously depend on how you look at it. As for the Emirates Marketing Project game, I do think it was a bit of an anomaly, we'd lose that game 98 times out of 100.

Kane's comments however only read one way to me and the concern is that he appears to have become tired of repeating himself going through the same rigmarole after each successive failure. The players are presumably given a bit of a script and much like "the plan" for the night, it wasn't followed..

What injuries are self inflicted?
Ones where he made tackles I assume your saying ?!?!

against United he made a rash tackle on Herrera when we were chasing the game because we’d wasted a hatful of chances, the game should have been won by half time

against City he injured himself making a tackle on delph, who had already given the ball away, at full speed on a brand new surface which had seen players slipping around all over the place, it was exactly the type of ill considered judgement that we need to stop

against United he made a rash tackle on Herrera when we were chasing the game because we’d wasted a hatful of chances, the game should have been won by half time

against City he injured himself making a tackle on delph, who had already given the ball away, at full speed on a brand new surface which had seen players slipping around all over the place, it was exactly the type of ill considered judgement that we need to stop

Crazy move by Kane that was, he went into Delph when there was no need to and ended up hurting himself. Stupid tackle.

Back