• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

You learn something new every day

It’s so lucky the internet is around to make sure that people don’t just gullibly believe any old brick they find. On the, umm, internet....

Yep, in the old days I’d have had to go to the library to straighten that one out

I've seen that phenomenon many times, and it was phucking far from the Pacific meeting the atlantic. It's quite common. At least up here where we have glaciers and rivers.

I've seen that phenomenon many times, and it was phucking far from the Pacific meeting the atlantic. It's quite common. At least up here where we have glaciers and rivers.

Haha I have shown my arse here, ultimately some bloke in our office who is educated said there was viable difference in oceans where I thought it was just a plotted line on a map and he was adamant that when you cross the oceans at those points you can see the difference.

Haha I have shown my arse here, ultimately some bloke in our office who is educated said there was viable difference in oceans where I thought it was just a plotted line on a map and he was adamant that when you cross the oceans at those points you can see the difference.

The northernmost tip of New Zealand, Cape Reinga is where I have seen this occurrence. There’s a definitive area where the currents clash and it’s stated as the place where oceans collide (actually the Tasman Sea and Pacific Ocean).

I was going to post some footage to gleefully back you up but instead found loads of articles and videos debunking it as just a place where the currents get gnarly!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

They say that if you go to Cape Agulhas at the bottom of Africa, you can see the different colours of the Atlantic and Indian ocean merging, though I'm not sure how true that is.
And I've seen Simon Reeve on BBC sailing across very different colours of water e.g. the Yellow River or White River discharging into the China Sea or whatever... and in Brazil where two very different rivers merge, so it is pretty common for rivers, carrying different minerals.

Ive found an article here which will help accurately visualise how the currents work.

Back