• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Camden

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
What a ducking dump

Meet a friend in kings cross for lunch at the German gymnasium which was notable for the lack of Germans working out.

Afterwards he said let's walk to Camden for a drink.

Camden was never my area but it is not one thing or the other now what did they do to it. Full of chain stores and dingdongheads I mean it always had dingdongheads but I used to quite like them.

I agree mate. I went there and didn't like it what so ever. Seems like the kind of place you go if you don't mind your phone getting nicked - purely because you're too fudged on heroin to care.

EDIT: And as you say, full of chain stores. Virtually every store is the same. I quite liked the fact they had a food court serving lots of different types of stuff. But most of it is keyrings with the exact same design in a million different places.

EDIT EDIT: Oh and the harassment! Every store you go in you're pounced upon to be asked if you want to buy something. No thanks - I've just walked in and the last 30 places identical to yourselfs I did not want to buy from either!

I’m so saddened at what it has become now. It was where I grew some balls back in the day. Before the Camden Caner lot came round and now it is just a bog standard tourist trap with chain stores and for me, has lost its essence.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

It used to be good in the 90s - Dublin castle, good mixer, barfly at the monarch, decent clothes round the market etc

But especially since the fire and the redevelopments that followed, it's become an absolute brick hole. A soulless void.

Soho is a bit the same - the music venues and record shops are nearly all gone. Selectadisc is now fudging paperchase

It’s mainly for tourists now. Not much of interest for natives. Gigs at the round house maybe. One or two fun pubs still - Devonshire arms to have a beer with punks and skin heads (one of the most polite pubs despite appearances). But otherwise nothing pulling me there anymore. The edge has moved east.

I think Camden is London’s second biggest tourist attraction now.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

It’s mainly for tourists now. Not much of interest for natives. Gigs at the round house maybe. One or two fun pubs still - Devonshire arms to have a beer with punks and skin heads (one of the most polite pubs despite appearances). But otherwise nothing pulling me there anymore. The edge has moved east.

Agree. Apart from the gig venues there is little draw on Camden high st and that area.
The stables area is ok for a change of scenery.

The last time I went out in Camden was after The Chemical Brothers’ Further album launch at Roundhouse back in 2010 and that area felt less grotty than where Koko is located but still felt rather meh.

The last time I went out in Camden was after The Chemical Brothers’ Further album launch at Roundhouse back in 2010 and that area felt less grotty than where Koko is located but still felt rather meh.
I've been to the Roundhouse a couple of times lately but tend to steer well clear for a long time now.

It's well over 20 years since Camden was a place worth drinking in.

Back