• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I suspect their simplistic tactic will get figured out and Klopp will struggle to reform them into a football team.

Edited to replace tactics with tactic

I think their tactics were figured out a long time ago on paper at least, the problem is 3 off their back 4, and all 4 if Gomez gets back to his form from the beginning of last season and Alisson are quality so are their front three, but regardless of their defence if Salah and Mane are out for any period at the same time they are absolutely fudged as their whole game plan goes to brick without that sheer pace.

Liverpool are an utter shambles! They call themselves Champion League holders. They only beat us by a piffling 26 points last season and we soon reduce the current 7 points deficit after 5 games this season!
I ask you, I don't understand what all the hyperbole is about? And dont get me started on those lightweights Emirates Marketing Project!
We will show them!

Liverpool are an utter shambles! They call themselves Champion League holders. They only beat us by a piffling 26 points last season and we soon reduce the current 7 points deficit after 5 games this season!
I ask you, I don't understand what all the hyperbole is about? And dont get me started on those lightweights Emirates Marketing Project!
We will show them!

But as is aid earlier... had VAR been implemented they would have lost 18 of those points IIRC

What a pointless stat, how would anyone know what VAR would have done for every incident?They are as inconsistent as the refereeing decisions before it was around....
I think that's just counting the dives where there was clear daylight between the victim and the defender. Plenty more could have gone against them too, these are just the really obvious ones.

I'd say pretty much every manager is more thinky than Klopp. He has one style - hoof and charge. He gets away with it by having three really, really good forwards to hoof to, but his style is incredibly simplistic - the layers of complexity between them and Barca/City (IMO the ideal) are huge and players are likely to take a long time to adapt when they have to.

I don’t agree with that at all. They averaged more possession per game than us IIRC. Yes they get plenty of crosses into the box but when you have Robertson and Alexander-Arnold then why wouldn’t you? The Trippier who was good at crossing used to do that for us with great effect.

His Dortmund side certainly weren’t a long ball side either, they were anything but.

Liverpool lost the league because they had no plan B in games they drew

Also they would have been 18 points down I believe if refs had got decisions right (that may be wrong and I’m saying that from memory)

This season their flying but I think that’s a follow on from the African cup which will hurt them at some point

Their defence is conceding a LOT more opportunities than it did last season to

Is that stat honestly true or is it because people don’t like Liverpool? Even if it was true, teams at the top have always got the rub of the green with decisions. We’ve no doubt won numerous penalties as a result of a dive.

City will get their act together and win the league IMO but I wouldn’t be shocked if Liverpool nick it by 1-2 points if City really prioritise the CL as they’re desperate to win it. If we get within 10 points of either side then I think we will have done well as both teams will get 90+ points again.

Been proven time and again that to be successful domestically it's not possession that is important, but moving the ball forwards quickly.

City's style is more sustainable because they are in the unique situation where they can buy players technically good enough to offensively control games.

We don't have that calibre of player, so trying to play a similar style of play manifiests itself in the performances we've seen for the last 18 months. It's no coincidence that that first 45 mins against Palace at the weekend was a most Liverpool like performance, before we started 'conserving ourselves for Wednesday' in the 2nd half.

So apparently Liverpool hoof and charge, yet last season they averaged 606 passes per match compared to our 560 and their pass completion was marginally better than ours even then. The myths that some posters I. this board wants to create because it’s Liverpool and the refusal to accept they are quite simply better than us is quite frankly ridiculous....

So apparently Liverpool hoof and charge, yet last season they averaged 606 passes per match compared to our 560 and their pass completion was marginally better than ours even then. The myths that some posters I. this board wants to create because it’s Liverpool and the refusal to accept they are quite simply better than us is quite frankly ridiculous....

Does playing it forward quickly not count as a pass then? Why can't they play more pass then us and also play more direct passes at the same time?

Does playing it forward quickly not count as a pass then? Why can't they play more pass then us and also play more direct passes at the same time?
So they hoof it up to the front three who miraculously win all these balls in the air, then just keep possession between the three of them as apparently Liverpool don’t have a midfield:D Sorry, but from what I’ve seen they are better than us at keeping the ball, we play it long a hell of a lot and these days and quite frankly I struggle to see any area we are better than them in...

So they hoof it up to the front three who miraculously win all these balls in the air, then just keep possession between the three of them as apparently Liverpool don’t have a midfield:D Sorry, but from what I’ve seen they are better than us at keeping the ball, we play it long a hell of a lot and these days and quite frankly I struggle to see any area we are better than them in...

Who said anything about hoof balls in the air? You can't make up an argument to then dispel it.

Mopo says the players are not listening to the game plan

So why is this?

Not good enough or not interested?

Apparently we were only ahead for less than 200 minutes throughout last year's Champions League campaign in over 19 hours of football. If they are not listening to his game plan then it's been going on a lot longer than last night.

Is that stat honestly true or is it because people don’t like Liverpool? Even if it was true, teams at the top have always got the rub of the green with decisions. We’ve no doubt won numerous penalties as a result of a dive.

City will get their act together and win the league IMO but I wouldn’t be shocked if Liverpool nick it by 1-2 points if City really prioritise the CL as they’re desperate to win it. If we get within 10 points of either side then I think we will have done well as both teams will get 90+ points again.

As even with VaR a lot of decisions are down to perception the answer is “maybe”!!!
I’ll try to find the article that hasn’t been written by a Liverpool fan saying they have won the league

Apparently we were only ahead for less than 200 minutes throughout last year's Champions League campaign in over 19 hours of football. If they are not listening to his game plan then it's been going on a lot longer than last night.

That’s a scewed number
You would need to compare that with how long we we were behind too
It doesn’t factor in when neither side was ahead

Back